[July 27, 2012] 3rd Ascension League: Danisen Battle #2
Event: We start at 6pm and go through a winner stays on format (exactly like casuals) and the rules for the Danisen are explained below and on the 3rd Ascension League website
Newcomers start off at 1st Dan.
- Players generally fight against others of either the same rank or one rank above/below you in order to go up a rank.
- One match won = +1 point, one match lost = -1 point. +3 points moves you up one rank, -3 points moves you down one rank.
- The ranks are 1st to 10th Dan. Past 10th Dan are special ranks such as “Kyousha”(“strong man”).
- Players past 10th Dan can only fight against others of the same rank. +5 points moves you up one rank, -3 points moves you down one rank.
- Ranked players can play in other arcades with their rankings as is.
- Players can register with more than one character under their name. (EX: Kuroda Q/ Kuroda Ken/ Kuroda Akuma)
Example: Players register a character e.g. Kuroda enters Ryu, into the league. Starting at the bottom or 1st Dan, players then compete in a winner stays on system earning points. A win earns +1 point and a loss -1 point, when a player reaches +3 points they’re promoted to the next rank and visa versa -3 points a demotion. There are 10 ‘Dans’ or ‘Ranks’, upon reaching 10th Dan there are more special Dans to reach such as ‘Strong’, ‘Man of Valor’, ‘King’ plus a couple more, to reach these you need to earn +5 points for promotion but -3 points still leads to a demotion.
Location: Next Level
Venue Fee: $10
Game: Street Fighter 3: Third Strike Online Edition
NOTE: There is NO FEE to play in any Danisen battles
(only tournaments, which are announced separately, have a $5 entry fee)
Console: we’ll be playing on ps3s or xboxs (there’s both so whichever is needed i believe we can use)
Feel free to bring your own crt’s, consoles, or sticks (controllers), it’ll allow us to do things smoother and possibly run other events later on in the night