[Jul 28, 2012] Upstate SC Tournament - Down South Clash Revival 2012 (Anderson, SC)

SPONSORED BY Aaron’s, Gamestop, & Draisen Edwards Music Center

We will have no worries on the number of setups! Aaron’s has agreed that they will match the need of monitors for contestants even if we have to get them from another Aaron’s location! Consoles, games, and wired controllers will be covered by Game Stop with ease! Draisen Edward’s Music Center has agreed to come and set up 2 stand alone loud speakers connected wall to wall, along with microphone and microphone stand.

So please, if you plan on going I urge you to sign up in this thread or in the DSC event thread posted on facebook (add me) and specify that you are coming to the 07/28/12 event.

CREDIT CARD, DEBIT, AND CASH ARE EXCEPTED AT ALL EVENTS!!!
[LEFT] [/LEFT]
[LEFT]NOTE: IF YOU CAME TO THIS LINK LOOKING FOR WEEKLY TOURNAMENTS SCROLL DOWN TO “INFORMATION REGUARDING DOWN SOUTH CLASH WEEKLY SERIES” THE WEEKLY TOURNAMENTS HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH THE TOURNAMENT ON 07/28/12![/LEFT]
[LEFT] [/LEFT]
[LEFT]NOTE: IF YOU’RE INTERESTED IN ONLY COMING TO THE JULY 28TH TOURNAMENT… KEEP READING BUT DISREGARD THE WEEKLY SERIES. IT ABSOLUTELY HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THE TOURNAMENT THAT YOU CAME [/LEFT]
[LEFT]FOR![/LEFT]
[LEFT] [/LEFT]
[LEFT]UPSTATE SC TOURNAMENT - DOWN SOUTH CLASH REVIVAL - MAIN TOURNAMENT!!![/LEFT]
[LEFT]PREREGISTER PLEASE![/LEFT]
[LEFT]I NEED AN IDEA ON HOW MANY SETUPS WILL BE NEEDED![/LEFT]
[LEFT]i.e., [/LEFT]
[LEFT]John Stowe “JonnyQuest” Anderson, SC[/LEFT]
[LEFT]SSFIV:AE/UMVC3/SFXT/KOFXIII/SCV[/LEFT]
[LEFT] [/LEFT]
[LEFT]Date & Times:[/LEFT]
[LEFT]Saturday, July 28th 2012[/LEFT]
[LEFT]12:00pm - 2:00pm Casuals and Registration[/LEFT]
[LEFT]2:00pm - 10:00pm Tournaments[/LEFT]
[LEFT] [/LEFT]
[LEFT]IF YOU ARE GOING TO BE LATE!!![/LEFT]
[LEFT]CALL ME, TEXT ME, MESSAGE ME ON FACEBOOK. IF YOU DO NOT HAVE MY NUMBER. GET IT OR IF YOU WOULD RATHER FACEBOOK MESSAGE ME THEN ADD ME. DO THAT SO I CAN PUT YOU IN THE BRACKETS. MAKE SURE TO LET ME KNOW WHO YOU ARE AND WHAT YOU ARE PLAYING. I’M GOING TO START THE TOURNAMENT AT 2PM, IF YOU DON’T MAKE IT IN TIME THEN I’M SORRY BUT THINGS MUST MOVE AS QUICKLY AS POSSIBLE!!! THANK YOU![/LEFT]
[LEFT]Venue FEE: $10[/LEFT]
[LEFT] [/LEFT]
[LEFT]PRIZES: 70/20/10 SPLIT[/LEFT]
[LEFT] [/LEFT]
[LEFT]Location:[/LEFT]
[LEFT]Planet Comics[/LEFT]
[LEFT]2704 North Main Street[/LEFT]
[LEFT]Anderson, SC 29621[/LEFT]
LEFT261-3578[/LEFT]
[LEFT]Google Maps Link[/LEFT]
[LEFT]http://g.co/maps/9mk6d[/LEFT]
[LEFT] [/LEFT]
[LEFT]Games and Rules:[/LEFT]
[LEFT] [/LEFT]
[LEFT]There will be 3 ps3 setups and 10 xbox360 setups. 360 is the standard for all tournaments, but if you prefer ps3 and want to play your tournament match on ps3 your opponent must agree to play on ps3 as well.[/LEFT]
[LEFT] [/LEFT]
[LEFT] [/LEFT]
[LEFT]$10 - Super Street Fighter IV: AE ver 2012 (Xbox360)[/LEFT]
[LEFT]-winner keeps same character/ultra[/LEFT]
[LEFT]-loser may change character/ultra[/LEFT]
[LEFT]-matches are best 2/3[/LEFT]
[LEFT]-winners finals/losers finals/grand finals are best 3/5[/LEFT]
[LEFT]$10 - Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 (Xbox360)[/LEFT]
[LEFT]-winner keeps same team[/LEFT]
[LEFT]-loser may change team[/LEFT]
[LEFT]$10 -
Street Fighter X Tekken
(Xbox360) 1v1[/LEFT]
[LEFT]-no gems allowed[/LEFT]
[LEFT]-infinite loops may not be abuse, only 2 loops max[/LEFT]
[LEFT]$10 - King of Fighters XIII (Xbox360)[/LEFT]
[LEFT]$10 - Soul Calibur V (Xbox360)[/LEFT]
[LEFT]-winner keeps same character[/LEFT]
[LEFT]-loser may change character[/LEFT]
[LEFT]$10 - Skullgirls (Xbox360)[/LEFT]
[LEFT]-winner keeps same character[/LEFT]
[LEFT]-loser may change character[/LEFT]
[LEFT] [/LEFT]
[LEFT]Update for SFxT!!![/LEFT]
[LEFT]http://www.facebook.com/events/393656460665030/[/LEFT]
[LEFT]Highest ranked player using Bob/Sagat wins “Comedy Central Roast of Bob Saget: Uncensored”! Rules: Contestants must use Bob/Sagat for entire tournament! Also, you must start Bob first, and Sagat second![/LEFT]
[LEFT]http://www.amazon.com/Comedy-Central-Roast-Bob-Saget/dp/B001FT4PJW/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1337817138&sr=8-3[/LEFT]
[LEFT] [/LEFT]
update for DSC: REVIVAL
MYSTERY TOURNAMENT!! $5 PER PERSON
2v2 team tournament will take place at some point during the tournament. it’s not quite a fighting game but essentially there will be some pushing and shoving taking place. HINT: it was a very competetive arcade game in its day!

[LEFT] [/LEFT]
[LEFT]ALL TOURNAMENTS ARE DOUBLE ELIMINATION[/LEFT]

Wireless controllers are banned. Wired controllers will be provided by Gamestop.
[LEFT] [/LEFT]
update!!
i can have t-shirts pressed for a pretty good price if enough ppl are interested. i’m not looking to gain money. if 10 ppl are interested, then at most it will be $11 per shirt. if more ppl want the t-shirt, the lesser the cost will be. i figure we’ll do a preorder with a deadline ending june 20th, and then prepay through paypal after the 20th and when we know how cheap these T’s will be. I don’t want to make money, i just want a dope t-shirt for super cheap like everyone else does!
http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e377/KidQuest/dsctshirt.png
let me know if you are interested, the more ppl that go in, the cheaper it will be for us all.
[LEFT]ALSO, IF THERE IS A TOURNAMENT NOT LISTED ABOVE AND YOU WOULD LIKE[/LEFT]
[LEFT]TO SEE IT PLAYED. BRING THE GAME AND IF THERE IS TIME TO RUN IT[/LEFT]
[LEFT]THEN WE WILL! FEEL FREE TO DISCUSS AND SUGGUEST WHAT GAMES YOU WOULD[/LEFT]
[LEFT]LIKE TO BE SEEN![/LEFT]
[LEFT] [/LEFT]
[LEFT]ATTENSION!!! I NEED HELP GETTING SOME SETUPS! IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN[/LEFT]
[LEFT]HELPING ME OUT PLEASE CONTACT ME VIA EMAIL - JonnyQuest.js@gmail.com[/LEFT]
[LEFT]FACEBOOK - www.facebook.com/jq864 OR MESSAGE ME HERE ON SRK. PEOPLE[/LEFT]
[LEFT]BRINGING SETUPS MAY HAVE THEIR VENUE FEE WAIVED BUT MUST GET INTO[/LEFT]
[LEFT]CONTACT WITH ME FIRST! REMEMBER, THE MORE SETUPS WE HAVE THE MORE GAMES[/LEFT]
[LEFT]WE CAN FIT INTO THE SCHEDULE![/LEFT]
[LEFT]**INFORMATION REGUARDING **[/LEFT]
[LEFT]DOWN SOUTH CLASH WEEKLY SERIES:[/LEFT]
[LEFT] [/LEFT]
[LEFT]VENUE FEE: FREE[/LEFT]
[LEFT] [/LEFT]
[LEFT]LOCATION:[/LEFT]
[LEFT]Planet Comics[/LEFT]
[LEFT]2704 North Main Street[/LEFT]
[LEFT]Anderson, SC 29621[/LEFT]
LEFT261-3578[/LEFT]
[LEFT]Google Maps Link[/LEFT]
[LEFT]http://g.co/maps/9mk6d[/LEFT]
[LEFT] [/LEFT]
[LEFT]TIMES:[/LEFT]
[LEFT]5:00PM-6:00PM CASUALS AND SIGNUPS[/LEFT]
[LEFT]6:00PM-9:00PM TOURNAMENTS[/LEFT]
[LEFT] [/LEFT]
[LEFT]CALL ME, TEXT ME, MESSAGE ME ON FACEBOOK. IF YOU DO NOT HAVE MY NUMBER. GET IT OR IF YOU WOULD RATHER FACEBOOK MESSAGE ME THEN ADD ME. DO THAT SO I CAN PUT YOU IN THE BRACKETS. MAKE SURE TO LET ME KNOW WHO YOU ARE AND WHAT YOU ARE PLAYING. I’M GOING TO START THE TOURNAMENT AT 6PM, IF YOU DON’T MAKE IT IN TIME THEN I’M SORRY BUT THINGS MUST MOVE AS QUICKLY AS POSSIBLE!!! THANKS![/LEFT]
[LEFT]GAMING FEE: $5 PAYS FOR ALL 3 TOURNAMENTS SCHEDULED FOR THAT DAY (YOU WILL PAY PLANET COMICS DIRECTLY)[/LEFT]
[LEFT] [/LEFT]
[LEFT]POINT SYSTEM:[/LEFT]
[LEFT]1ST PLACE = 5 POINTS[/LEFT]
[LEFT]2ND PLACE = 4 POINTS[/LEFT]
[LEFT]3RD PLACE = 3 POINTS[/LEFT]
[LEFT]4TH PLACE = 2 POINTS[/LEFT]
[LEFT]5TH PLACE = 1 POINT[/LEFT]
[LEFT]POINTS WILL BE ACCUMULATED OVER THE 12 WEEK TOURNAMENT SERIES. THERE[/LEFT]
[LEFT]WILL NOT BE A WINNER UNTIL THE WEEKLY SERIES HAS ENDED.[/LEFT]
[LEFT] [/LEFT]
[LEFT]EVENTS, EVENT DATES, AND GAME ROSTER:[/LEFT]
[LEFT]DOWN SOUTH CLASH: WEEKLY POINT SERIES[/LEFT]
[LEFT]05/11/12 (SSFIV:AE/UMVC3/SFXT)[/LEFT]
[LEFT]05/18/12 (T6/SG/KOFXIII)[/LEFT]
[LEFT]05/25/12 (SC5/MK9/3SO)[/LEFT]
[LEFT]06/01/12 (SSFIV:AE/UMVC3/SFXT)[/LEFT]
[LEFT]06/08/12 (T6/SG/KOFXIII)[/LEFT]
[LEFT]06/15/12 (SC5/MK9/3SO)[/LEFT]
[LEFT]06/22/12 (SSFIV:AE/UMVC3/SFXT)[/LEFT]
[LEFT]06/29/12 (T6/SG/KOFXIII)[/LEFT]
[LEFT]07/06/12 (SC5/MK9/3SO)[/LEFT]
[LEFT]07/13/12 (SSFIV:AE/UMVC3/SFXT)[/LEFT]
[LEFT]07/20/12 (T6/SG/KOFXIII)[/LEFT]
[LEFT]07/27/12 (SC5/MK9/3SO)[/LEFT]
[LEFT] [/LEFT]
[LEFT] [/LEFT]
[LEFT]PRIZES:[/LEFT]
[LEFT]1ST, 2ND, AND 3RD PLACE FINISHERS IN POINTS WILL RECIEVE THE ACCUMULATED POT ON SATURDAY JULY, 28TH 2012 (THE DAY OF THE MAIN TOURNAMENT) BECAUSE THE STORE WILL BE CLOSING AS WE ARE FINISHING UP THAT FRIDAY JULY, 27TH 2012 AND MIKE WILL NOT BE THERE TO AWARD THE WINNERS THEIR WINNINGS. IF YOU DON’T UNDERSTAND JUST ASK ME AND I CAN EXPLAIN FURTHER JUST PRIVATE MESSAGE ME.[/LEFT]
[LEFT] [/LEFT]
[LEFT]AFTER EVERY WEEKLY EVENT I WILL POST AN UPDATE OF THE POINT STANDINGS OF EVERY PLAYER AND WHAT THE POT HAS ACCUMULATED TO. PLANET COMICS WILL BE THE SOLE HOLDER OF THE MONEY. BUT I WILL KEEP TRACK OF THE EXACT AMOUNT.[/LEFT]

Wireless controllers are banned. Wireless controllers will not be provided.

UPDATE FOR WEEKLY SERIES
i’m going to allow a side pot entry on every game. side pots will be $5 per game. so you can choose to play in our point style format or get paid that day $$$ format. Or if you want to, you can do both gathering points and cash.
i.e.'s, say if you spend $5 on point system format and $5 towards the side pot on street fighter and you place 1st in all 3 events you will be awarded 15 points and 70% of the side pot from street fighter. if you don’t spend $5 on point style format but spend $5 on marvel side pot and another $5 on street fighter side pot. you will still be entered into the same brackets as the points players in those particular games but you will not be awarded any points for your efforts.
‎1st 2nd 3rd place in side pots will be decided by who placed higher in the tournament as far as who paid side pot fees.
[LEFT] [/LEFT]
[LEFT]**SHOUT OUTS TO KYAH “BOBSMACK” HICKS! IN THE PAST, THIS TOURNAMENT WOULD **[/LEFT]
[LEFT]NOT HAVE BEEN POSSIBLE WITHOUT HIS HARDWORK AND DEDICATION! WITH EVERY-[/LEFT]
[LEFT]**ONES HELP WE CAN REVIVE THIS TOURNAMENT AND HONOR OUR HOMEBOY THAT WAS **[/LEFT]
[LEFT]**TAKEN AWAY FROM US BY KANSAS STATE. (OR WHICHEVER STATE THAT TOOK HIM **[/LEFT]
[LEFT]AWAY LOL JK! HAHA)[/LEFT]

So say I got third place at the final tournament but I didn’t come to any of the other ones, that means I would get no money?

edit: if you get third place you will get 10% from the pot of whatever tournament you placed third in. weeklies have nothing to do with the final tournament on 07/28/12.

I would play Skullgirls if possible.

So as I understand it, there will be no prizes awarded at the end of weeklies and the entry fees will be accumulated for a giant pot for the end tournament? Will the entry fees at the end tournament also go towards this pot?

edit: re-read the first post i corrected some things that may cause confusion

the weeklies end on 07/27/12, people can’t be paid from the weekly series bc planet comics will be closing as we are finishing up that night. therefore the winners and i would report to planet comics the following day to be eligable to use their awarded store credit. whether they use it that day is entirely up to them.

remember: the weeklies have no association with the final tournament on 07/28/12

***BUMP
the thread should be good to go, if there’s any more confusion please private message me. thank you.

haven’t played skullgirls at all. if you guys are in the area, stop by planet comics on May 5th. it’ll be free comic book day. i will be there passing out flyers and letting the local community know about what is going to be happening soon. we will have casual setups in the store. bring your sticks if you want to get in some rounds, we will have 3 to 4 setups running on xbox360.

Sponsorship is finalized for the DSC tournament on 07/28/12. Flyers are posted at Gamestop, Aaron’s, Planet Comics, and Draisen Edwards!

Also, we will have no worries on the number of setups! Aaron’s has agreed that they will match the need of monitors for contestants even if we have to get them from another Aaron’s location! Consoles, games, and wired controllers will be covered by Game Stop with ease! Draisen Edward’s Music Center has agreed to come and set up 2 stand alone loud speakers connected wall to wall, along with microphone and microphone stand.

On a side not, lol I tested the speakers out and you can hook up and iPod or mp3 player and play music as well… haha We can jam out. :stuck_out_tongue:

So please if you plan on going sign up in this thread or in the DSC event posted on facebook and specify 07/28/12 so I can know how many setups are needed!

Chad here! Count me in for the weeklies and the final!

*UPDATES AND CORRECTIONS IN 1ST POST

[LEFT]CALL ME, TEXT ME, MESSAGE ME ON FACEBOOK. IF YOU DO NOT HAVE MY NUMBER. GET IT OR IF YOU WOULD RATHER FACEBOOK MESSAGE ME THEN ADD ME. DO THAT SO I CAN PUT YOU IN THE BRACKETS. MAKE SURE TO LET ME KNOW WHO YOU ARE AND WHAT YOU ARE PLAYING. I’M GOING TO START THE TOURNAMENT AT THE TIME THAT THEY ARE SCHEDULED TO START, IF YOU DON’T MAKE IT IN TIME THEN I’M SORRY BUT THINGS MUST MOVE AS QUICKLY AS POSSIBLE!!! THANK YOU![/LEFT]

UPDATE FOR WEEKLY SERIES
i’m going to allow a side pot entry on every game. side pots will be $5 per game. so you can choose to play in our point style format or get paid that day $$$ format. Or if you want to, you can do both gathering points and cash.
i.e.'s, say if you spend $5 on point system format and $5 towards the side pot on street fighter and you place 1st in all 3 events you will be awarded 15 points and 70% of the side pot from street fighter. if you don’t spend $5 on point style format but spend $5 on marvel side pot and another $5 on street fighter side pot. you will still be entered into the same brackets as the points players in those particular games but you will not be awarded any points for your efforts.
‎1st 2nd 3rd place in side pots will be decided by who placed higher in the tournament as far as who paid side pot fees.

UPDATE

SKULLGIRLS WILL BE ADDED TO THE LINE UP

Ah DSC is back. I went to the originals back in the day. Is sfxt 1v1 or 2v2?

cool man hope to see you again, i know ur screen name but can’t remember. been so long since i’ve been on srk. Oh and it be 1v1 for sfxt.

Just curious, but are you thinking about streaming the DSC tournament?

Dude I’m sold on going lol. Cause I hate 2v2 sfxt. People are playing it that way cause of evo. I’m going to request the days off.

i’m waiting on the owner to tell me whether or not if he can get an ethernet cable ran from the comic book store. if he can then yes, i would like to stream the event.

yea 2v2 is fun if you have a partner. cool man awesome!

Doesn’t look like there will be a stream. There will be video taken and commentary equipment tho for YouTube

**update for kofxiii
[LEFT]$10 - King of Fighters XIII (Xbox360)[/LEFT]
[LEFT]-winner keeps same team/order[/LEFT]
[LEFT]-loser may change team/order[/LEFT]
[LEFT]-winners finals/losers finals/grand finals are best 2/3 as well[/LEFT]
[LEFT] [/LEFT]
[LEFT]also, i need help getting setups with dlc characters. i’m going dlc 2 gamestop systems, i’m hoping i can get some support from the community on getting systems with the new characters. please contact me asap[/LEFT]

update for DSC: REVIVAL**
MYSTERY TOURNAMENT!! $5 PER PERSON
2v2 team tournament will take place at some point during the tournament. it’s not quite a fighting game but essentially there will be some pushing and shoving taking place. HINT: it was a very competetive arcade game in its day!**