[Jul 8, 2011] NEXUS - $500 Pot Bonus for SSFIV AE - McAllen, TX - July 8th-9th -... (McAllen, TX)

NEXUS
July 8th-9th, 2011

This is the Rio Grande Valley’s first two day event with $1000 up for grabs. Don’t be shy, the main events are on Saturday, but Friday has a lot planned as well.

This year we are teamed up with the Omnicon Anime Convention who secured us sufficient space to run tournaments as we see fit [yes, total and complete control of tournaments, prize money, etc]! On top of that, this has to be the dopest location I have seen to date. We are very fortunate to have the full support of NE1 LAN CNTR providing us with 30 Monitors and XBOX 360s!

It is also worth noting that this tournament will also feature a $500 Pot Bonus for the Super Smash Bros. Brawl singles tournament. We are also fortunate to have this being the circuit stop for their communities Lone Star Circuit.

This event will be archived and streamed courtesy of Charro Punks.
www.justin.tv/charropunks

Visit our partners:
www.omnicononline.com
www.ne1lan.com

700 Convention Center Blvd.
McAllen, TX, TX 78501
(956) 681-3800

http://www.mcallenconventioncenter.net/
Venue pictures coming soon!

HOUSING!!
There are several people willing to house crews for the night, I would advise posting up for inquires before booking one of the two cheap hotels near by. PM me and I can get back to you with potential housing opportunity or discounted hotel rates courtesy of Omnicon.

Registration and Venue Fee
The usual and initial thought of Convention prices scares potential tournament participants. However, we have been able to secure a special rate that allows access to the tournament room only. This tournaments pass is as follows:

Two day pass [Friday and Saturday]: $15
This is the only option to get into the convention and tournaments that is cheaper than the Convention Pass. I highly suggest attending both days to get the total bang-for-the-buck!

If you happen to love anime Conventions and wish to have full attendance, you can purchase a regular convention badge from the Omnicon website. The Convention badge will allow you full access to everything including the tournaments, former Power Ranger panels, and other fun things the convention has in store for you!

Also, conventions [down souf, at least] typically provide controllers, however, this event is BYOC to bypass bag searching. Watch your joysticks carefully, if you are caught stealing or trying to steal, you will be totally ejected courtesy of the Convention Centers security staff.

Format and Qualification
All tournament games will all be standard double elimination and 2/3 games, with Winner’s, Loser’s and Grand Finals being best 3/5.

Game list and Tournament Schedule
Friday-
1pm
BlazBlu CSII [360]
Tekken 6 [PS3]
2pm
Halo CE & Halo 2
FFA, 2v2, 4v4
Super Smash Bros. Melee Doubles [GC]
Super Smash Bros. Brawl Doubles [Wii]
3pm
Street Fighter III: 3rd Strike [PS2]
Capcom vs. SNK 2 [PS2]
5pm
Marvel vs. Capcom 2 [DC]
Super Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix [Console TBD]
7pm
Super Street Fighter IV AE Teams 2v2 [360]

Saturday-
1pm
Mortal Kombat (360)
Halo: Reach (360)
Marvel vs. Capcom 3 (360)
2pm
Super Smash Bros. Brawl Singles (Wii) [$500 Pot Bonus]
Super Smash Bros. Melee Singles (GC)
3pm
Super Street Fighter IV (360) [$500 Pot Bonus]

We will also hold REDEMPTION tournaments Saturday for Brawl and SSFIV AE. Entry to Redemption is $5 and standard payout.

Entry Fee and Payout Distribution
All events on Friday are $5 entry and payed out 70/20/10. The only exception will be the 2v2 portions for AE and Smash. Those are $10 a team, also payed out 70/20/10.

Main Events Saturday are as follows:
Mortal Kombat - $10

Marvel vs. Capcom 3 - $10
Super Street fighter IV AE - $10
Super Smash Bros. Melee and Brawl Singles - $10

I will post the percentage distribution for the pot bonus games momentarily, they will feature a top 8 payout. Melee, MK, and MvC3 are 70/20/10.

Raffles and Prizes:
Information coming soon…

Food
There is no outside food or drinks allowed in the venue with the exception of their concession stand. Withing 5 minutes drive you can find tons of restaurants located in the plaza just south of the Convention Center.

Such As…
PF Chang’s
Macaroni Grill
Etc

I believe that wraps up all the information. Please post up with any questions or concerns regarding the tournament or convention and I will do my best to answer them.

Marvel Vs. Capcom 2 Thread (PSN)
Austin Thread @ Arcade UFO
San Antonio, TX
Corpus Thread vrs. 2.0
Southwest Tournaments/Events Schedule and Organizer Discussion Thread (Updated 01/02)
CenTex: Killeen - We're Not Dead, We've Moved To Facebok! https://www.facebook.com/groups/146505068
San Antonio, TX
Laredo,Texas
The RGV Thread - As South As South Can Get Part III

reserved for player attendance

Hype. Too good.

I’m winning every event and then beating Fro ft10 in MvC3.

AWESOME but I only have a ps3 TE stick and this will be held on a 360 :(. Please tell me there is a way for someone to provide a stick or something

The people over here in south texas are pretty friendly. I’m sure you won’t have a problem if you buddy up with someone during the tournament to borrow their stick. I’m going to bring 2 TEs with me for when people need to borrow

Cool :smiley:

brb learning wolverine and yun

Nexus is the name of my phone :smokin:

-DJ-

whaaaa why does marvel start so early anyways cant it start a lil later i gotta take care of some business and i wont get out till 2 :smiley:

Pair of questions if you don’t mind answering.

1. Is CvS2 expected to get a few entrants? I’d go if there was enough for 8 even, as I haven’t played it in forever.

2. Any chance of rescheduling it? I’m going to have a short work week with this being on the same week as 4th of July, so I’d rather not ask to get Friday off as well. Either late Friday or anytime Saturday would be ideal, but its understandable to leave the scheduling format as it is.

Too far for me, but I love the reduced con rate idea. I hope more people implement it.

stop changing the name

It is expected to get few entrants. Last year we had a pretty decent turnout for it however DJ is not going to make this event, I haven’t seen Jive in three months, and K-Town brought a few people for it and I haven’t heard them express any interest in coming down for this event. I can definitely keep it postponed until late Friday night. Hope this helps.

LETS GET HYPE!
NEXUS !

Count me out. Tekken is being run on Friday, with all the old games for some reason. (and 1pm at that) I don’t get out of Sociology class till 12:50pm. Tekken is the only reason I would go.

I only entered CvS2 and 3S at STXO, since I was there anyway. Went for Tekken. Killed time with the other games. But I have no desire to go to Omnicon/NEXUS just for CvS2 or 3S.

Jive Out!

there yo ugo!

Now that I’ve looked at the rest of the schedule… Why is CvS2 starting after Tekken 6? If it’s based on “entrants expected”… Tekken would have more entrants. I see MvC2 has a good ol late start time of 5pm. MvC2 isn’t even played at any other tournies nationwide. Tekken6 still is. I mean, we all already know the real reasons behind that part of the schedule. But I’m just saying… is this a tournament, or a valley gathering?

Jive Out!

Count me in for melee and Arcade Edition! I’m getting extremely hype!

Yes DanEG is correct I will not be able to make it out to this either day. This tournament is just bad timing for me :sad:. I hope CvS2/3S actually run, the old school games always have a special place in my heart.

-DJ-

Well, i’ll be in mvc3 for sure sat. My bro said he’ll come down for this tourney coming from 361 in all.
Gamertag 360 InSaNeOwNaGe956 :slight_smile: