[Jul 9, 2011] BOSS#2 (Best of SoVA Series) (Hampton, Virginia)

Location/Times
101 Signature Way
Hampton, Virginia
Registration @ 1:00pm
Games start @ 2:00pm

Games (All on PS3)
Super Street Fighter IV AE
Marvel Vs Capcom 3
Mortal Kombat 9 (singles)
Tekken 6

Payment/Prizes
No Venue Fee
$5 Per Game
60/30/10 Pot Split

Venue Info

• No fee to enter the building
  • Nice, big, room with plenty of tables and chairs
  • Located near many restaurants
  • Open hot tub!. Pool may also be open until 8.
  • Full kitchen and living room area to hang out in with a 55" flat screen.
  • Drinking allowed
  • No closing time. The clubhouse stays open until the tournament ends.

*** Tournament Rules***

• Double Elimination
  • Timer set to 99 secs (90 for MK9)
  • Default Handicap setting
  • All games except finals are best of 3. Finals are best of 5
  • Winning players must keep the same character(s)
  • (MVC3) Winning players must keep the same assists during a set. Losing players may switch
  • (SSF4) Winning players may switch ultras during a set
  • (Tekken 6) Rounds set to best of 5 rather than best of 3.
  • All characters are legal except Kratos (MK9) for being a console specific character.

I NEED SETUPS, GAMES, AND FANS (THE HOT TUB WILL HEAT UP THE VENUE). THE FIRST 5 PEOPLE TO BRING A DECENT SIZED FAN TO THE VENUE GET FREE ENTRY INTO ONE TOURNAMENT. LIMITED TO ONE ENTRY PER PERSON.

Feel free to call me @ (757) 561-7194 with any questions

Hosted by SMP, D0N, and OmegaSynn

Richmond Fighting Game Community: Next Tourny - CIVIL WAR
V7: The SoVA (Hampton Roads) Thread

You’re probably going to want to ban Kratos in MK9 this time around since he’s banned everywhere else due to being a console-specific character (even though PS3 is the preferred system for MK9).

Thanks

yo josh, honda mirror, ft5 for $50?

yo ja, bring yo ass up here and we can play 3S instead. my last trip to SoVA may be the last one i make this summer btw, but we’ll see. also, SFIV is boring as shit. i’d rather try to stroke one out with a cheese grater than play a ft5 mirror match in that game.

I’ve never considered going to mass, there is nothing I can think of related to it that draws my interest.
anyone else up there play 3s? any arcades? chronic? and whats the weather up there like in the summer?

I’ll be there.

People play 3S at GU in Framingham (on nights when I can’t make it out there during the week, sadly). Big arcade just north of here called Pinball Wizard Arcade. Errrbody gettin they Snoop Dogg on. Weather in summer is better than VA’s summers, just shorter.

p.s. Necro

My PS3, AE, MvC3, and T6 will be present for this.

troy we running that match baaaaack

Coincidentally my roommate’s Bday is this same weekend and he’s partying at my apartment the same night of the tournament… I was going to invite everyone back to my place after the tourney to drink and chill and game n shit since its a saturday tourney but space would be limited… However the apartment across from mine is vacant and I now have the key to it. So after the tourney if people want to continue to play/drink/chill I have a completely empty apartment we can hang out in… Anyone can crash if they’d like. Plenty of space.

Sounds superb.

I got a fan I’ll bring

Thanks

WE NEED MORE SETUPS/FANS!!! WHO ELSE CAN BRING SOMETHING!?!?

i can bring both.

i could use the entry anyhow i am hurting this week.

I can bring a fan

I’ll bring a fan and a PS3 with MK, AE, T6, and Marvel 3. I’ll warn you now tho, I don’t have Jill or Shuma for MvC3 (fuck you, Capcom). I can also bring a 19" monitor with HDMI inputs, but I’m not promising that it’s lag-free or anything.

DLing Kenshi and Skarlet now.

We have a LIVE Stream for the fights happening right now. Plus we will hopefully make annoucements for grand finals who will make an appearance on stream.
Check us out now!!

Stream audio sounds like it’s being broadcast through a wind tunnel, and the video cuts in and out constantly. Hope you guys are working on it.

Sorry about the audio. Something new to me that I’m trying to stream for the tournament on the laptop. As far as the video goes, it’s based by the internet connection we have here in this lounge. So nothing I can do about it cutting in and out. Didn’t think it was gonna be bad know. But hopefully next time we’ll have this better then before.