[Jul 9, 2011] SSFIV AE,MK9,MvC3,TK6,SSBB-Up to $3,600 CA$H-July 9 @WausaubiCon (Wausau, WI)

…As I’m posting details of this upcoming tournament, we have another one going on right now! :wink:

Gaming Generations will be @ WausaubiCon, Central Wisconsin’s NEWEST Anime, Sci-Fi, and Gaming Convention, happening July 8-10 @ The Plaza Hotel & Suites in Wausau, WI. We are honored to have been asked to run their video game department. Tournaments including 2v2 Call of Duty Black Ops, 2v2 Halo Reach, Super Street Fighter IV AE, Mortal Kombat IX, Tekken 6, and Super Smash Bros Brawl will be held @ the convention on Saturday, July 9, 2011.

The tournament fee is $10/player/game if you pre-register, 100% of which goes to the pot (70/20/10). Otherwise, at the door, it will be$15/player/game. A WausaubiCon day pass for Saturday is required to get into the convention. For those who pre-register, the day pass will only be $15. This deal is ONLY for tournament players. WausaubiCon is a non-profit organization. All proceeds from day passes will go to cover WausaubiCon’s convention costs and the remaining amount donated to local non-profit charities including the Lincoln County Humane Society.

If you are interested in becoming a volunteer, please email us at wausau@gaminggenerations.com to let us know so we can get you in the schedule. Volunteers who put in a set number of hours will be entitled to benefits.

The fighter tournaments are limited to 64 players per game. The more players the higher the CA$H pay-out! A $50 CA$H bonus is guaranteed for 1st place, $20 for 2nd, and $10 for 3rd! You can pre-register @ wausau.gaminggenerations.com or stop by the Wausau store at 3140 Rib Mountain Drive, Wausau, Wisconsin 54401, to sign-up!

For those of you just looking to have fun, there will be open gaming going on throughout the entire convention, including Kinect games, DDR, Rock Band, Guitar Hero, Wii Bowling, Firing Range, and more! Check out WausaubiCon’s website at www.wausaubicon.com or visit facebook for the latest news: facebook.com/GGWausau & facebook.com/WausaubiCon.

**Pre-Register & Details **
http://wausau.gaminggenerations.com/tournaments/
wausau@gaminggenerations.com
715.THE.GAME / 715.843.4263

Tournament Info
Subject to change

SSFIV AE
[LIST]
[]Start Time TBD
[
]1 v 1
[]Limit 64 players
[
]Using PlayStation 3 consoles (US Version)
[]Playing on 23" Asus VH236H monitors
[
]Bring your own controllers, we will not have controllers or fight sticks available for use
[]Default Clock (99)
[
]Everything else is default
[]Random level pick
[
]All characters may be used
[]Character color 12 is BANNED!
[
]2/3 rounds best out of 3 DOUBLE ELIMINATION bracket style
[]Semi finals and finals will be 3/5 rounds best out of 3
[
]In finals, player from losers bracket must beat player from winners bracket twice
[]Winning player MAY NOT switch characters
[
]Winning player MAY switch ultra (must pick ultra before loser picks their ultra)
[]Losing player may switch characters & ultra
[
]Players may choose if they would like double blind before match
[/LIST]
MORTAL KOMBAT IX
[LIST]
[]Start Time TBD
[
]1 v 1
[]Limit 64 players
[
]Using PlayStation 3 consoles (US Version)
[]Playing on 23" Asus VH236H monitors
[
]Bring your own controllers, we will not have controllers or fight sticks available for use
[]DOUBLE ELIMINATION
[/LIST]
MARVEL VS. CAPCOM 3
[LIST]
[
]Start Time TBD
[]1 v 1
[
]Limit 64 players
[]Using PlayStation 3 consoles (US Version)
[
]Playing on 23" Asus VH236H monitors
[]Bring your own controllers, we will not have controllers or fight sticks available for use
[
]Default Clock
[]Everything else is default
[
]Random level pick
[]All characters may be used
[
]2/3 rounds best out of 3 DOUBLE ELIMINATION bracket style
[]Semi finals and finals will be 3/5 rounds best out of 3
[
]In finals, player from losers bracket must beat player from winners bracket twice
[]Winning player MAY NOT switch characters
[
]Losing player MAY switch characters
[]Players may choose if they would like double blind before match
[/LIST]
TEKKEN 6
[LIST]
[
]Start Time TBD
[]1 v 1
[
]Limit 64 players
[]Using PlayStation 3 consoles (US Version)
[
]Will be using 23" Asus VH236H monitors
[]Bring your own controllers, we will not have controllers or fight sticks available for use
[
]Guard damage default (off)
[]Default time (60)
[
]Random level pick (If players cannot agree on level, a coin will be flipped)
[]Can use any character
[
]Players may not change colors, names or items
[]3/5 rounds best of 3 DOUBLE ELIMINATION bracket style
[
]Losing player may switch character
[]In finals, player from losers bracket must beat player from winners bracket twice
[
]Winning player MAY NOT switch characters
[]Losing player may switch characters
[
]Players may choose if they would like double blind before match
[/LIST]
SSBB
More details coming soon…

**Pre-Register & Details **
http://wausau.gaminggenerations.com/tournaments/
wausau@gaminggenerations.com
715.THE.GAME / 715.843.4263

Will try to make it and take the street fighter tournament! lol

if I pay to play at the tournament only, can I still attend other events with wausaubicon?

@r-yu-ken Yup! In order to play in the tournaments, you will have to get a WausaubiCon day pass for Saturday which has been heavily discounted for tournament players only. This day pass will allow you to participate in all the other WausaubiCon events going on that day! Saturday is the biggest day of the convention, so it’s pretty worth it!

debating on this. if the others wanna go then we will be there. if u guys run mvc3 and mk9 im sure we’ll be up there for this

Wish I had known about this sooner. Was considering going out to Wausaubicon, but I’m stuck working that weekend now. This would have been a deciding factor, though.

We’re going to seriously consider adding MvC3 and MK9. Short of resources but if we can get more help and stations we’ll do it. Right now we’re planning to have 32 stations dedicated for tournaments… but there’s going to be 4v4 CoD and 4v4 Reach. We’ve have had much higher turnout for shooters plus they take a while to run :. Will update you guys soon!

What about tekken? are you guys also considering it?

if u run them, ill get some ppl to run the tourny then

Alright! You asked for it, we got it :). We’re going to change up the shooters, and add Mortal Kombat IX, Marvel vs Capcom 3, and Tekken 6. Volunteers are greatly appreciated and will be rewarded accordingly. Email us at wausau@gaminggenerations.com for more info on volunteering! What we need now is for you guys to spread the word!

yes! really enjoyed the last tourney… i hope to make it out again =)

awesome! glad you guys had fun :slight_smile:

Hmm… Should we lower the tournament fee to $5/game, or keep it at $10/game? What would you guys prefer? Lower $$ == lower pot but may increase the turnout. Still would be 70/20/10 and bonus will still stay at $50/$20/$10. If we change the entry fee, anyone that has paid so far will be refunded accordingly!

keep it the same

k we’ve decided to stick with it!

I’ll be there for MK9.

Awesome! :slight_smile: Be sure to pre-reg to get the discounted rates!

oh yeah i cant wait

i don’t have to pay the venue fee for placing at the last tournament, correct?

I would really like to come play MvC3, however I do not own a PS3 fightstick. Is there anyone going that would be willing to share? I would even be willing to throw a few bones your way for letting me borrow.