Vancouver Overture 13
Overture continues again this month, with NEW team tournaments, MORE casual setups, and BIGGER raffle prizes to be won!
For the latest updates, check out the NEWS section at the bottom!
Date: Saturday, July 21st, 2012
Time: 12:30 pm - 11:00 pm
Location: Metropolis Comics and Toys, 4735 Kingsway Burnaby, BC V5H 4J2 (Right across the street from Metrotown Mall)
**Google maps: **http://maps.google.com/maps/place?q=Metropolis Comics & Toys, Burnaby, BC, Canada&hl=en&cid=8860064939474164412
Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 Singles (3 out of 5 matches)
(NEW) Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 Teams
Super Street Fighter 4 Arcade Edition Singles
King of Fighters XIII Singles
Street Fighter 3: Third Strike Online Edition Singles
For All Tournaments:
Singles - $10
**Teams **- $15 per 3v3 team (i.e. $5 per person)
Tournaments with 2-8 contestants: (max 8-man bracket)
- 1st Place - 100%
Tournaments with 9-16 contestants: (max 16-man bracket)
- 1st Place - 70%
- 2nd Place - 30%
Tournaments with 17- 64 contestants: (max 64-man bracket)
- 1st Place - 60%
- 2nd Place - 30%
- 3rd Place - 10%
Tournaments with 65-128 contestants: (max 128-man bracket)
- 1st Place - 60%
- 2nd Place - 20%
- 3rd Place - 15%
- 4th Place - 5%
o Applies to all tournaments.
Equipment: Bring your own stick or pad, or coordinate with someone to borrow and use from during the tournament.
Timeline (TOURNAMENT WILL START ON TIME! If you are coming late tell a friend to register for you!):
- 12:30 pm - Setup / AE2012 Singles Registration
- 1:00 pm - AE2012 Singles Tournament, followed by 5v5 AE Team Exhibition
- 3:00 pm - KOF XIII and Third Strike Singles Registration
- 3:30 pm - KOF XIII and Third Strike Singles Tournaments
- 4:00 pm - UMvC3 Teams Registration
- 4:30 pm - UMvC3 Teams Tournament
- 5:00 pm - UMvC3 Singles Registration
- 5:30 pm - UMvC3 Singles Tournament
- 8:00 pm - casuals
- 10:30 pm - cleanup
- All participants must receive a handstamp to participate in casuals or the tournaments.
- All tournaments will be double elimination.
- With the exception of Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3, each match will be to best of 3 rounds and each set will be best of 3 matches. Winners finals, Losers Finals and Grand Finals will all be best of 3 rounds per match and best of 5 matches per set.
- Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 will be best 3 out of 5 matches for the entire tournament.
- If a player pauses during a round, he will lose that round (not the match).
- If a player pauses during the same set twice, they will forfeit the match.
- In the event of a D.K.O in the final round, an additional match (best of 1) will be played to determine the winner.
- After a match, the loser is able to switch characters and team order (UMVC3/KOF13). Winner must keep the same characters and team order (UMVC3/KOF13).
- $5 for players that bring a full setup (Monitor + system)
- $10 for pre-registered players, ends Thursday July 19th , 11:59pm
- $15 for “at the door registration”
ALL participants will receive 10% off store merchandise!
Pre-register by either:
Posting in the thread at:
posting on the facebook wall at http://www.facebook.com/events/180220842109283/
or sending an email to
vancouveroverture at gmail dot com.
There will be a raffle draw during the tournament with prizes to be won!
There will be one raffle grand prize and one second prize with one of the following possible prizes to be won:
MADCATZ Street Fighter x Tekken Arcade Fightstick V.S. Edition
MADCATZ TE Street Fighter x Tekken Fightstick PRO
PLANTRONICS Gamecom Stereo Gaming Headset + HORI Fighting Stick VX
And one of our awesome second prizes!
Street Fighter x Tekken Official Strategy Guide
PS360 Dual Mod Chip
King of Fighters XIII PS3
$20 Apple Store Gift Card
The first 20 pre-registrants will receive a free ticket into the raffle, so pre-register early!
If a dispute occurs, it will be up to the general crowd’s discretion. That being said, TO will have the final word should there be any unresolved dispute. TO has authority to take whatever course of action he sees fit.
Once your match has been called out, you have 5 minutes to start the match.
After 5 minutes, the TO will give authority to the opponent who is on standby the choice to DQ, after an additional 5 minutes (total 10 minutes) you will automatically be DQed.
If you need to step out, ask the TO, if timing allows, permission will be given to move your match to a later time where you will be given another timer. (eg. come back in 20 minutes) If you do not come back within the time given for your break, your absence will be treated as if you didn’t tell the TO and your 10 minute timer will begin as stated above(leave your phone number to be safe).
See you all at Overture 13!
For this tournament there will be BOSE QuietComfort 15 headsets available for players playing on the stream setup! They will now be able to hook up to the Xbox 360 for in-game audio combined with noise cancellation, providing competitors a more quiet and focused experience. It’s something new we are introducing for this tournament, so don’t miss out!
OVERTURE Points will now be awarded to players placing in the top 8 of UMvC3 and SSF4AE Singles, and in the top 3 of KOFXIII and SF3:3S Singles. These points will determine seeding for future Overture tournaments, providing a more competitive top 8 for each game and an opportunity for new players to avoid playing their friends early on in the tournament and instead gain experience playing against the local’s best. The top in OVERTURE Points by the end of this Overture season will receive a special prize as well! Details will be posted soon!
As of July 1st, 2012, two additional house setups have been purchased for the tournament! This will enable more players to play casuals, allow tournaments to run more efficiently, and allow for more special events.