[Jun 16, 2012] Michiana Clash II: Summer Showdown *$1000 TOTAL POT BONUSES* (Mishawaka, IN)

When: June 16th

Where: MegaPlay Family Entertainment Center
2500 Miracle Lane ste B
Mishawaka, IN 46545

Venue fee: $10, all spectators AND players. Wristbands will be issued. No wristband, no entry.

RSVP on Facebook to help us get a rough estimate of numbers: https://www.facebook.com/events/332724593449227/

Schedule:

11 am - Signups start for all games, casuals

1 pm - Street Fighter 4 starts, cut to top 8, followed by SFxT, Skullgirls and UMvC. Finals will be immediately following a 30 min break after the last cut to top 8 is made.

There will be a 10 min break in between the last match of one game the the first match of the next game. We had to hunt several of you down last time to play your matches. There will be a time limit this time on how long you have to get to your match after it’s called.

Games and Rules: ALL GAMES WILL BE PLAYED ON XBOX 360, NO EXCEPTIONS. All tourneys are double elimination. Payout will be to top 10%.

Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 $150 1st Place Bonus, $100 2nd Place Bonus, $50 3rd Place Bonus

-Entry: $15
-Best of 5, finals are best of 7
-Winner is character, assist and order locked, loser can change, must change order in character select

Super Street Fighter 4: Arcade Edition 2012 $150 1st Place Bonus, $100 2nd Place Bonus, $50 3rd Place Bonus

-Best of 3, finals are best of 5
-Arcade style, winner is character locked, loser can change, both players can change Ultras

Street Fighter x Tekken Singles $150 1st Place Bonus, $100 2nd Place Bonus, $50 3rd Place Bonus

-Winner is character and order locked, loser can change
-Gem rules will be announced on the date of the tourney

Skullgirls $100 Pot Bonus

-Other rules TBD

King of Fighters Side Tourney

-Entry: $10

The venue will provide standard controllers for the consoles. Fight sticks and custom pads are the responsibility of the participants. Turbos are not allowed and wireless controllers are banned for the sake of the complications they cause when pairing with systems.

Outside food will NOT be allowed in the venue. This is going to be strictly enforced by MegaPlay. They have their own concessions with a large menu. Please respect and support their choice to allow us to use their venue and buy their food.

Stream will be provided by Zexerous and Nova. We will FOR SURE have a stream this time.

UIUC/Central IL 2016 Thread - IFD Land! Facebook group more active
Indianapolis, IN: We do play games, I promise
CHICAGO 2016-2017 Thread: Welcome New Players, check out the Facebook Group page as its more active!
Cincinnati OH, Dayton OH, and Northern Kentucky: I have the best Wesker!
Fort Wayne, IN - someone please post something for crying out loud
Evansville, IN
Milwaukee: Too grimey for the rest of WI
Canton OH: Go easy on us
W. Lafayette, IN Gatherings Every Tues.. RANBATS Every other Tues. First Ranbat 1/25
Anderson/Muncie, IN: Step Up And Be Counted!
Columbus, OH - Made you look, Avi!
Bloomington IN Hype in Hoosierville!
PowerUp Podcast: Midwest FGC and Beyond
The Murda Mitten-Michigan 2010 1.2 thread
Columbus, OH - Made you look, Avi!
UIUC/Central IL 2016 Thread - IFD Land! Facebook group more active
Fort Wayne, IN - someone please post something for crying out loud
Cincinnati OH, Dayton OH, and Northern Kentucky: I have the best Wesker!
Indianapolis, IN: We do play games, I promise
CHICAGO 2016-2017 Thread: Welcome New Players, check out the Facebook Group page as its more active!
West Lafayette, IN/Purdue University - Spring 2012 SESSIONS EVERY TUESDAY

“Best of 3” - Why isn’t umvc3 best of 5?

The finals for umvc3 are best of 5. That’s usually how it goes.

Also, i will think about going. SSF4AE definitely is going to be what i play if i do decide to go. I will be recovering from the expenses of another tournament, and a 3+ hour drive for me to go to another tournament soon after UFGT8 is going to be hard to do, but i will definitely see what happens.

No Soul Calibur this time around?

That’s not my point. Umvc3 is so freaking fast that it’s stupid. Why isn’t bracket 3 out of 5?

As of right now, I should be in there. A few weeks after UFGT8, and some good warm up for Evo.

Sounds fun.

UFGT8 is 3 out of 5 all the way through for Marvel and they are a major running tons of games, for a more regional tournament we should do 3/5 for Marvel, it doesn’t even add much time to the tournament overall because of how fast Marvel is and it’s much better for the players.

UFGT8 is the first tourney I’ve seen do 3/5 as the standard other than the Curleh series. It’s def up for discussion. In the end it’s all up to what time allows.

needs more ST action, but we’ll see…:frowning:

We’re not UFGT8. That’s the only argument I can argue. That and we almost ran over time last time we did this. Then again we’re running far fewer tournaments this time around.

i think we should discuss this, that is not a bad idea and things would get interesting. Im not against it but it could be fun

Well, lets all converse about it.

We can discuss it on Facebook.

2 months left! Don’t forget to RSVP on Facebook!

No doubles for SFxT? I’m dying to do doubles…

we will do doubles i will make sure we will

It should be easy. Doubles takes up half as much time or usually even less compared to a singles tourney in this game. :slight_smile:

On that note, I’ll just leave this here…
[media=youtube]GPm8ILoWijM[/media]

Less thank 6 weeks!

One month away. Get hype!

ummmm, no.

UMVC3 is

“Best of 3, finals are best of 5.”

Yet you are ALSO RUNNING SFXT. Like seriously. WTF!