[Jun 18, 2011] Palomino Urban Nights #14 - Las Vegas, NV - 6/18/11 (Las Vegas, NV)

Palomino Urban Nights #14 - Las Vegas, NV - 6/18/11

Date: Saturday June 18, 2011
Time: Starting at 4pm
Entry Fee: $5 each game
Venue Fee: $3 each person
Payouts for all games is 70/20/10

Super Street Fighter 4: Arcade Edition Singles
PS3/360 (Whatever is available)
2/3 rounds, 2/3 matches, finals are 3/5
99 second time limit
Double Elimination
Winner may change ultra, but has to pick ultra first after loser picks character

Mortal Kombat 9 Singles
99 second time limit
Double Elimination
Latest patched version will be used
Use of any codes are banned
All characters except Kratos are legal

Marvel vs Capcom 3 Singles
2/3 matches, finals are 3/5
99 second time limit
Double Elimination
You may not use any glitch that prevents the game from being played. This includes game freezing, game resetting, player freezing, etc.
Winner must keep the same characters, but can switch assists.

Tekken 6 Singles
PS3
3/5 rounds, 2/3 matches, finals are 3/5
60 second time limit
Double Elimination
Use of any custom items is banned

BlazBlue: Continum Shift 2 Singles
99 second time limit
Double Elimination
Unlimited characters are banned

Event is BYOC (Bring Your Own Controller)

Players using any wireless pads or sticks must desynch them after their match. If not and this disturbs a match this will lead to a disqualification.

If you have any questions, feel free to contact me via PM or at shinzomail@gmail.com.

Vegas donks: TOFTS3 @ PSGLV 6/10/17 http://tinyurl.com/lv-tofts3

WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAT NO ARCADE EDITION!!!

Read harder.

I know i seen it after i read it deeper lol I didnt see it at first meshed with the opener

also no old man game?

All Evo practice this time around. There may be one old man game at the next one if I can gather enough people for it.

Gonna totally enter CS2 for lulz.

I can never seem to attend these tourney…I need a new job

debating if i can go or not

i should have my 360 AE with me to bring. and also my other crap.

EDIT:
Players using any wireless pads or sticks must desynch them after their match. If not and this disturbs a match this will lead to a disqualification.
good call on this one.

going to be my first time playing in one of these tourneys. ill be playing in marvel, is there a specific console thats going to be played on it? i only have a ps3 stick

MvC3 will be played on what ever system we have available for the game. Either 360 or PS3 or both. It all depends on the systems people bring the day of.

As always thanks for your help. As for the desynching you would think that would be something that wouldn’t need to be said, but after it happened last tournament I guess I gotta start putting that up now too.

true. i guess we need to announce it every palomino now too.

@acee i usually bring a ps3 stick and a 360 stick with me. you can use it if you want to but if i need it and if someone else is using it your shit out of luck

hey thanks for the info. just wanted to know if there was an exclusive console this tourney plays on. but now i know, ill be prepared. im bringing a dual mod stick. thanks guys! see you all there

Assuming I will be in town and able to attend, I can throw an old man game tournament with Macc’s blessing. Either that, or I’m sure there will be plenty of casuals anyway on that one cab at Gemini or on whatever I can bring with me. Either way, don’t be shy to play with us. The old people don’t bite.

You have my blessing Bernie. Go forth and educate.

Palomino Urban Nights #13 - Las Vegas, NV - 5/28/11

@ Macc/Bernie :

Just to let you guys know, I played on the cab with emulated ST on it and it’s legit. I didn’t feel any gameplay differences(no round start slowdown, no random freezes, etc.). Everything feels the same.

^Try checking for input lag. It felt pretty noticeable on some other games (old vs. games, alpha 3) but I never booted ST on there to compare. Never felt worth it to me to pay for ST per game since games go by so quickly and I already own the cab so I never tried it there. I still don’t see the point of using that cab since we have enough “real” arcade options available. Doesn’t matter too much to me, but it’s whatever Macc and the others want to do.

Yeah whatever emulation software they are using on there seems to work really well for CPS2 games. However I will say that MVS games have some noticable slowdown on certain games (ex: MotW, TSS) and all the MK & 3D games are complete ass.

I am going to agree with Bernie and say we go the supergun route. Cause we will not be able to set that machine to free play\event mode. Once that guy gets the new emulation cab in he said that it should allow us to modify the dipswitch settings on the games so we can be sure everything is configured properly. Plus the emulation software he will be using will be better than the one they have on the current cab.

Macc, I can bring an AE xbox if needed.

Thank you. Please do so.