[Jun 23, 2012] Saturday Night Brawls Casuals and Tournament (New Haven, CT)

Casuals and Tournament held in my spacy apartment. These are the games we will be running:
Super Street Fighter IV: Arcade Edition Version 2012
Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3
Street Fighter X Tekken
King of Fighters XIII
No venue fee! $10 per game, standard tournament rules. Under 8 people is run in Round Robin style, winner takes all. Over 8 people is double elimination and pot split 70/20/10 for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd respectively. Signups start at 8pm, tournaments at 9pm.

You must call or text when you arrive to be let in.
772-532-6784

New Haven Casuals
CT Thread | Weekly Thursdays 7pm Fire & Dice Games Milford CT

I definitely am down for casuals… I gotta level up for Winter Brawl

I’ll have to see how far along I’m at with my writing next week. I’ll come if I finish early.

Nevermind I saw the info I’ll make sure to stop by for a bit this weekend… Do you have a ps3 setup?

I should be there to get bodied in a round robin like last time.

Sounds great. Only thing is that I live in NH. Last time I drove out to an event I ended up sleeping on the highway because I was too tired to continue. Is there the availability from anyone in the area to let me crash for the night? Either on the couch or in the driveway. If so let me know what you would want for compensation. These regional events are simply too far from Keene, NH. Requiring me to stop for the night.

You are more than welcome to crash in my living room if you are too tired to drive.

Excellent! Will we need anymore setups or possibly another copy of a game? if so let me know.

I don’t believe so. I was thinking about this today, it’s almost three and a half hours from where you are. That seems really far to drive to participate in casuals. Of course you are welcome and could stay the night, I would just think that the Mass crew would have something going on that would be closer to you.

Sorry, never saw your post. I am working on acquiring a PS3 setup, but don’t have one yet.

Hi, i’m fresh off the boat i’m coming there to have some fun. =)

Im new to the ct scene and im real interested in going to this…im comming from new britian so can anyone carpool we can take ur car or my car

If there was any other alternative to driving to ct I would choose it. Work schedule and family obligations take up almost all of my free time. Getting the chance to get better is worth it. Especially if I’m not able to attend any regional matches for 3+ months.

If allowed, I want to come and play some marvel and 2012 for fun. I never get out of the den.

Forget marvel and 2012, come play KOF with me. :slight_smile:

I’ve been addicted to Lost Odyssey lately and haven’t been playing it but i do need to learn Andy, King, and Ken shou. That is my team. Is there a tier list for that game yet?

Hey I decided to go to this instead of the Curleh Mustache tournament… I’m not in the mood to drive to New York anymore so I will see you then.

great time during casuals. I know that every meet up is making better. Even if I have to put up with a lot of losses.

I have been thinking about this for a few days. I have no problem with you in person, so I would not have an issue with you attending as long as the rest of the CT crew that attends is ok with it, so to give you a heads up I’m going to check with them on the main board. The last thing I want is drama in my home. I regret letting you bait me on the boards, but I want you to understand what I do have a problem with. I speak for myself, and I think a large part of the CT fgc, when I say this. I have put well over a thousand hours into the SFIV series, and to consistently hear you tear a game I love so much down on these boards is frustrating. It is frustrating because these boards are for the knowledge and enjoyment of these games. Let me give you an example to how you come off. I am just now learning Marvel. I am very new to the game and just learning the mechanics. I have been getting frustrated because I have been unable to overcome the steep learning curve going into the game. If I did not know how you were and saw one of your posts saying so and so is so random just an abcd combo is all you need, I might seriously be turned off not only from Marvel but from fighting games in general. Most of us are on these boards because we love these games, so you really need to take that into consideration when you are saying what your saying. As I’ve told you in the past, I think you are a solid player whose strength is in your ability to quickly absorb information. But I think your attitude towards the FGC sucks balls. Hopefully you will read this and at least consider what I’ve said. Again, going to post on the main board and if everyone else is ok with it, I have no problem with you coming to casuals.

Fair enough. Who are you interested in learning in Ult?