[Jun 29, 2012] Redbank Rumble Bi-Weeklies (Red Bank, NJ)

Dear Central Jersey/Jersey Shore,

This is the tournament to come out of the woodwork, and find your local competition, make friends, get better at your matchups, and help out a local arcade (how many are there really?).

You may come and dominate, or get bodied, but …you will walk away with something that will enrich you as a player/person.

We are looking for reliable dedicated local players to assist in helping to continue these bi-weeklies(streaming/bracket running). Please inquire with a TO if you are interested.

80 Broad Street, Red Bank, NJ 07701

Parking is located a street behind Broad Street. Free after 6:00pm.

Coming from NYC?

Itinerary:

6:30pm to 8:00 pm - Setups & casuals;
7:00pm to 8:00 pm - Registration
8:00pm to 12:00am - Tournaments
12:00am - 1:00am - Cleanup of Venue.

Fees:

$10.00 Venue Fee*
–Venue Fee allows for participants to play strictly Console Games within the Tournament Area.

$5.00 Arcade Fee
–The ‘Arcade Fee’ grants access to all machines in the Venue. (All Arcade machines are set to ‘Free Play,’ Additionally, Three Console Setups are also available.)

$10.00 per game (Double Elimination)
–This is the Standard fee to enter a Double Elimination Tournament.

*Note: The tournament area is located in a separate room at the rear of the Yestercade venue. Yestercade’s main area contains a slew of Arcade cabinets set to freeplay, and is normally at a higher rate.

Games:

Street Fighter x Tekken (PS3 & Xbox 360)**
Street Fighter IV AE 2012 (PS3 & Xbox 360)**

**We’re trying to have a multi-console tournament to include as many players as possible. We can only do this with your help. If you have any equipment (setups, consoles, games, etc) that you’d like to let us borrow for the night, it would be most appreciated. Also, PLEASE BRING YOUR OWN CONTROLLER and respect anyone else’s controller if they share with you. Stick/pad sharing is greatly ENCOURAGED.

Venue Specific Rules:

• Be Courteous & sportsmanly.

• Food is allowed in this venue, but maintain a reasonable degree of cleanliness (clean up after yourselves!). Keep food away from persons participating in live tournament matches and any equipment/cabinets.(the main tournament area).

• Respect Yestercade & it’s staff(they are providing us a venue), the tournament organizer/Bracket Runner(we are people too), walk in people, etc.(be a decent person).

• Should a tournament have less than 8 Persons/Teams, a Round Robin Format will be performed.

• Wireless controllers are BANNED.

• Floating in brackets is performed at the discretion of the Tournament Organizer.

-Entrants are required to check in upon Beginning of the tournament.

-When a bracket is run, you are expected to be within earshot of the Bracket Runner.

-Three calls will be made, & at the discretion of the Bracket Runner, the Player may be disqualified.

-Should you need to move away from the tournament area, it is your responsibility to inform the bracket runner.

-Report to the bracket runner of a match outcome immediately after finishing a match.

Prize Distribution Breakdown:
<16 players: 70/20
>16 players: 60/30/10

Game Specific Rules:

General Rules:

• Standard matches are best 2 of 3 matchest
  • Winners & Losers Finals and Grand Finals are best 3 of 5 matches.
    Tournament rules shall observe Evolution Standard Rules, ‘arcade perfect’ rules, or ‘out of the box’ rules. Whichever is more current[or readily available].

Street Fighter x Tekken:

–See under General Rules.

SFIV AE2012

–See under General Rules.
Support the Scene!

Alternative Link:
https://www.facebook.com/events/100271620105018/

The New Jersey Thread, Roc Boys in the building(get money) v.2.83
The New Jersey Thread, Roc Boys in the building(get money) v.2.83

Title says 19th but info says 18th? If its the 19th i can come.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

Sorry, that’s a typo. It’s definitely Friday, the 18th.

Fixed!

Also, this tournament is as good as the strength of the community! If we have poor attendance, this event, and subsequent Friday events may fold easily.

Hell yes

Can we hear some thoughts on what games attending players are interested in?

Awesome can’t wait. Also will it be Xbox 360 or PS3?

tenatively running on both. though atm it looks like we have more 360 than ps3 setups.
that may change though

id like there to be AE since there arent any weeklies currently for it in jersey.

We’ll be doing a poll on our FB event page on April 18th to decide the second game.

Also, we’re in need of PS3 setups. We’d like to run a multi-console tourney, but we’d need your support to do so!

EDIT: I lied, we’ll be starting one today until April 18th. Check the event

I just realized there’s no link to the actual Facebook event on here:

https://www.facebook.com/events/100271620105018/

Poll is up to vote for the second game on May 18th.

We’re still on the hunt for some PS3 setups for the night. If you’d like to loan us a system for the night, email either Sean (Gbursine <at> gmail <dot> com) or myself (estebanimartinez <at> gmail <dot> com). It would be greatly appreciated!

Also, don’t forget to check out the pool a little further down on the facebook page to vote for what you want to be the second game of the night!

I’ll be there. It’s a bit out of the way for me considering I live in Bloomfield, but I’ll be there. I already casted my vote for AE. I need the practice.

Facebook event link doesn’t work for me for some reason?

Hmm odd.

Search for “[LEFT]Redbank Rumble Bi-Weeklies” on Facebook and see if that works. Also try the link below:

https://www.facebook.com/events/100271620105018/ [/LEFT]

Philly might be coming. I will let you guys know. I wanna see my Nick!

The more the merrier! We really want to show Yestercades that Friday night is THE night for events, so if you can only make it a couple of times, definitely try to make it to the first one.

Always a good time!

BTW please visit the facebook thread and vote in our poll for secondary tournaments. Vote for any game you would enter so we can have a healthy rotation of games!

Poll is closed!

Second game of the night for this week will be SFIV AE 2012. Original post to be updated ASAP

New poll is up on the FB page for the second game for our 6/1 event. Check it!