[Jun 4, 2011] gAMEdUX Marvel Vs. Capcom 3 Tournament - Singles and Teams - June 4th (Boston, MA)

Where:
Goodbar
183 state street
Boston, MA

Fighting Games:
Marvel vs. Capcom 3(June 4th 1:30 - 8:00)
Super Street Fighter IV(June 5th 1:30 - 8:00)

Marvel vs Capcom 3:

Venue:
$5(Mandatory fee)
Only paying once for the night. Venue fees will be waived if you bring an XBOX 360 plus game or TV.

Singles:
$5 entry fee

Doors will open at 1:30 pm to register… Tournament will start at 2:30 PM… Late entries will NOT be accepted

Event Rules and Format:

• It will be 2 out of 3 sets until we reach to winners, losers and grand finals. Winners, Losers and Grand Finals will be 3 out of 5. For Grand Finals the winner must win 3 sets and the loser must win 6 sets.

• Multiple Xbox 360’s will be available. Players will be responsible for bringing appropriate adapters, joysticks and controllers(no wireless allowed or you will not play).

• Pausing during a round may result in that player losing that round. With the guidance of the referee, players may choose to resolve the issue.

• For the 1v1 Singles portion, Winner must stick with his/her team and the same character on point. Loser of a Game may switch team.

• Any type of threats or violence in the venue will not be tolerated.

• Once a person pays for the tournament and the tournament has started, there will be no refunds.

Payout: 60%, 25%, and 15% distribution of prize pool to 1st, 2nd, and 3rd.

Marvel vs Capcom 3 Teams: 3v3

We will begin casuals at 1pm; allowing all players a chance to warm-up. On-site fee collection will begin at 1:30pm and the tournament will begin promptly at 2:30pm.

BE ON TIME! BE ON TIME! BE ON TIME! If you are interested in entering and cannot make it on time and you have a viable excuse (“I’m a pro so just wait for me” does not constitute as a viable excuse), please post on this thread to let us know and we can work something out. You are liable for disqualification if your name is called and you are not present.

Doors will open at 4:30 pm to register… Tournament will start at 5:30 PM… Late entries will NOT be accepted

Entry Fee:
$15 per team($5 per player)

**Prize: **
100% of entry fees will be paid 60/25/15 to 1st, 2nd and 3rd place respectively.

**Rules: **

1. All tournaments will take place on Xbox 360.
  2. You must register with a team of three – no exception. Furthermore, all three members of the team must be present and participate in the tournament. For example, if for whatever reason one of your team members cannot attend, then you must pick up a free agent at the tournament in order to register and compete. Otherwise, it would be no different from hosting a singles or doubles events – and this is not a singles nor doubles events.
  3. Pokemon format: Winner must stay on.
  4. Last man standing wins the match.
  5. Double elimination.
  6. Each team will play 1 set of 2 out 3 rounds. 99 second rounds.
  7. Winners and Losers Final.s will be 2 out of 3 sets. Grand Finals will be 2 out of 3, where winner has to win 2 sets and loser has to win 4 sets.
  8. Winner must select the same team for preceding set. Winner may not change assists. Winning team must keep same team order.
  9. Blind select is available by request.
  10. Programmable controllers and/or turbo functions are banned. Any team with this function is subject to disqualification.
  11. Pausing the game will result in immediate forfeiture of the round.

(Rules are subject to change)

Super Street Fighter IV:

Singles:
$10 entry fee

Doors will open at 1:30 pm to register… Tournament will start at 2:30 PM… Late entries will NOT be accepted

Event Rules and Format:

• It will be 2 out of 3 sets until we reach to winners, losers and grand finals. Winners, Losers and Grand Finals will be 3 out of 5. For Grand Finals the winner must win 3 sets and the loser must win 6 sets.

• Multiple Xbox 360’s will be available. Players will be responsible for bringing appropriate adapters, joysticks and controllers(no wireless allowed or you will not play).

• Pausing during a round may result in that player losing that round. With the guidance of the referee, players may choose to resolve the issue.

• For the 1v1 Singles portion, Winner must stick with the same ultra. Loser of a Game may switch character.

• Any type of threats or violence in the venue will not be tolerated.

• Once a person pays for the tournament and the tournament has started, there will be no refunds.

Payout: 60%, 25%, and 15% distribution of prize pool to 1st, 2nd, and 3rd.

Super Street fighter 4 Teams: 3v3

We will begin casuals at 1pm; allowing all players a chance to warm-up. On-site fee collection will begin at 1:30pm and the tournament will begin promptly at 2:30pm.

BE ON TIME! BE ON TIME! BE ON TIME! If you are interested in entering and cannot make it on time and you have a viable excuse (“I’m a pro so just wait for me” does not constitute as a viable excuse), please post on this thread to let us know and we can work something out. You are liable for disqualification if your name is called and you are not present.

Doors will open at 4:30 pm to register… Tournament will start at 5:30 PM… Late entries will NOT be accepted

Entry Fee:
$30 per team($10 per player)

**Prize: **
100% of entry fees will be paid 60/25/15 to 1st, 2nd and 3rd place respectively.

**Rules: **

1. All tournaments will take place on Xbox 360.
  2. You must register with a team of three – no exception. Furthermore, all three members of the team must be present and participate in the tournament. For example, if for whatever reason one of your team members cannot attend, then you must pick up a free agent at the tournament in order to register and compete. Otherwise, it would be no different from hosting a singles or doubles events – and this is not a singles nor doubles events.
  3. Pokemon format: Winner must stay on.
  4. Last man standing wins the match.
  5. Double elimination.
  6. Each team will play 1 set of 2 out 3 rounds. 99 second rounds.
  7. Winners and Losers Final.s will be 2 out of 3 sets. Grand Finals will be 2 out of 3, where winner has to win 2 sets and loser has to win 4 sets.
  8. Winner must select the same team for preceding set. Winner may not change assists. Winning team must keep same team order.
  9. Blind select is available by request.
  10. Programmable controllers and/or turbo functions are banned. Any team with this function is subject to disqualification.
  11. Pausing the game will result in immediate forfeiture of the round.

**Equipment: **
Please feel free to bring any equipment. Remember, the more setups you guys bring, the more games you guys can play. And it will be make the tournament faster, so we could all have a GOOD NIGHT SLEEP!!

Questions:
If you have any questions, please PM us on Shoryuken, or just post on this thread and we’ll get back to you ASAP.

Also, U must bring ID and u must be over 21… NO EXCEPTIONS!!! Its a new policy at the venue and we apologize for any inconvenience we may cause…

ahh… why must this be ran on the ps3!! myself and 2 buddys would’ve loved to join but we only have ps3 fightsticks… i’ve been doing some research on ps3 to 360 adapters but i haven’t had much luck on finding one without lag input. Any suggestions?

Amar can you set up a PS3 tourny also?? systems and maybe tvs can be provided. Do not have Xbox or Xbox stick FML

OOh I’ll come if there’s a mvc3 for PS3. I can provide a ps3 (and possibly tv setup)

just had a simple question didnt want any suprises at the door. you only need to pay the venue once or each tourney? just confused appreciate the clarification

I just want everybody to know the first post is SUBJECT TO CHANGE! Please don’t let confusion stop you from attending this tourney.

Thx,

Thomas Vigil aka GDX TV

You pay the venue once and you pay for whatever you would like to enter once. simple and clean.

GDX riceman

is venue fee still waved if we brought either ps3 or tv?

I’ll talk to Amar about that

Riceman, is that you carl? what’s good mang ,its me binh, 3rd place finisher of the last tournament. Did you ever find your stick bro?

yeah its carl and nah I didn’t find my stick but I got a new one. Unfortunately right now for the new one, when I press the right direction its not functioning but I am going to get it fix…you, me and lock team up?

oh that sucks man, im already teaming up with loc and krazi3 so no can do =\

I have decided to only run the tournaments on XBOX360. I am going to hold a separate tournament for PS3 users some time in June. However, I am pretty sure there will be multiple xbox fightsticks available so the crossover should be pretty much the same. I will have my fightstick available for use. Also, if you let me know how many people you have interested in coming I can do my best to make arrangements for you ahead of time.

There have been changes made to the original post. Please read or reread carefully.

s’all good Amar, we just found out we can’t make it on saturday anyway =\ we’ll be waiting for that ps3 tourny though!

Hey Amar, hopefully I’ll be able to make it out. I appreciate the 60/30/10 payout and the single console tournaments (and respect that you’ll host a ps3 tournament later on to accomodate those players.)

Steps in a great direct for the Boston players who don’t have the transportation to easily make it out to Framingham/Lowell.

Damn of course i gottta go to a wedding saturday haha

Jboof don’t worry about it we will have an exclusive tournament just for playstation another time this month. Not to mention
You can hit up the souperbowl tournament the week after ours. Thanks to you guys for coming out to fite night tonight.

Let me know when you have that PS3 tournament set up, man. I’ll bring my console again. I’d go to this one, but I use a DualShock 3 and have no clue how to use a fight stick.

Serris, I will definitely keep everyone updated on the PS3 tournament this month as well as the Mortal Kombat and Super Street Fighter 4 AE TOURNAMENT as well.

Also, I would like everyones feedback on a fightstick raffle for upcoming tournaments.

And just to be clear there will be two separate dates for two separate games this weekend. Marvel vs. Capcom 3 ONLY on Saturday June 4th and Super Street Fighter 4 ONLY on June 5th. I just wanted to be clear.

couple questions, first of all does the venue fee get waived if you just bring a tv, or do you need to bring a xbox with game too.

2nd, how many people are you anticipating, how many entries entered last time? (i know it was ps3 and xbox)

3rd, Me and my friend are planning on coming, does anyone need a team? we both are pretty good and can handle our own but would be nice if we could enter the 3on3 teams .