2012 Spring Championship!
This tournament is open to everybody! The Player who wins the Championship Bracket will be crowned the 2012 Spring Champion.
Competitor Passes for all Spring Championship games go on sale for Gold Members on Monday, April 30 at 7pm ET. They will become available for everyone to purchase on Tuesday, May 1 at 7pm ET. When player passes are available, they will be available for purchase in the MLG Store.
Spectator Passes for MLG Anaheim are now available for purchase in the MLG Store
The MLG Anaheim event will take place June 8-10
As always, please feel free to ask any questions regarding the event, and I’ll try to answer them to the best of my ability. Please keep in mind that there are still details to be released, so if the information is not below, it’s likely not available yet.
[details=Spoiler]Venue/Tournament Location: Anaheim Convention Center: 800 West Katella Avenue, Anaheim, CA 92802
**Hotel Locations: **
Sheraton Park Hotel at the Anaheim Resort: 1855 South Harbor Boulevard. Anaheim, CA 92802
Rates: $139 for Single/Double/Triple/Quad
Reservations: You can reserve by calling 866-837-4197 (code = Major League Gaming) or online by going HERE
Distance from Venue: .3 Miles (7 minute walk)
Reservation Deadline: May 25th, 2012
Anaheim Marriott: 700 W Convention Way, Anaheim, CA 92802 - SOLD OUT SUNDAY NIGHT
Rates: $149 for Single/Double, $159 for triple, $169 for quad
Reservation phone: Reservations Toll Free: 877-622-3056
Reservations Local Phone: 1-506-474-2009
Use code “Major League Gaming” when booking.
You can also reserve online by going HERE
Distance from Venue: across the street
Reservation deadline: Friday, May 18
It is not mandatory to stay in these hotels. If you’d like to do a price comparison to find the cheapest hotel, I would suggest to use Google Search, using the address of the Anaheim Convention Centerwhich is 800 West Katella Avenue, Anaheim, CA 92802 to find the hotels closest to the venue.
Orange County/John Wayne Airport (SNA)(15 Miles from Hotel)
Los Angeles Airport (LAX) (35 Miles from Hotel)
Long Beach Airport (LGB) (20 Miles from Hotel)
Transportation Cost from Airport:
From SNA ~35 one way
From LAX ~95 one way
From LGB ~50 one way
From SNA ~10 one way
From LAX ~16 one way
From LGB ~35 one way
On-site parking, fee: 24 USD daily
[*]Valet parking, fee: 28 USD daily
The prize breakdown for the Fighting games will be as follows:
MK9**: $26,700 in total.**
1st Place: $10,000
2nd Place; $6,000
3rd Place: $4,000
4th Place: $2,400
5th/6th Place: $1,400
7th/8th Place: $750
SCV: $16,700 in total.
1st Place: $6,000
2nd Place; $3,600
3rd Place: $2,400
4th Place: $1,600
5th/6th Place: $1,000
7th/8th Place: $550
KoF XIII: $5,000 minimum; after 100 entrants, door fees go straight to pot
1st Place: $2,500
2nd Place: $1,250
3rd Place: $750
4th Place: $500
- All Games will be Best of 5 Rounds.
- All Matches will be Best of 5 Games unless the Players have already played each other in the Event.
- If Players are scheduled to play each other for a 2nd time in the Event, their Match will expand to a Best of 11, include the previous Match, and pick up where that Match left off. For example, if Player A beat Player B 3 Games to 0 in the Winners Bracket, the Best of 11 will resume with Game 4 and Player A leading 3 Games to 0.
- If the Players scheduled to play each other in the Finals have not yet played against each other in the Event, an initial Best of 5 Games Match must be played. If the Player that came from the Winners Bracket wins the initial Match, they will win the Event. If the Player that came from the Losers Bracket wins the initial Match, the Match will expand to a Best of 11, include the initial Match, and pick up where that Match left off. For example, if the Losers Bracket Player beat the Winners Bracket Player 3 Games to 0 in the initial Match, the Best of 11 will resume with Game 4 and the Losers Bracket Player leading 3 Games to 0.
- The winner of a Finals Best of 11 will win the Event.
- The Event will support as many as 128 Players in a Double Elimination Bracket.
- The Event will have a Winners Bracket and a Losers Bracket. After losing a Match in the Winners Bracket, Players will enter the Losers Bracket. A Match loss in the Losers Bracket will result in elimination from the Event.
- Players will be seeded based on the Winter Championship Final Standings. Ties will be broken randomly. Players who didn’t participate in the Winter Championship Event, or failed to finish in the top 32, will be seeded randomly.
- The Winter Championship Final Standings separate Players as follows: 1st Place, 2nd Place, 3rd Place, 4th Place, 5th Place, 7th Place, 9th Place, 13th Place, 17th Place, and 25th Place.
- Online Registration for the Event will open at 7 PM EDT on Monday, April 30th for Gold Members and at 7 PM EDT on Tuesday, May 1st for all other Players.
- Online Registration for the Event will close at 11:59 PM EDT on Monday, June 4th.
- If there is an open spot(s) in the Event, passes may be sold at Check-In.
- After obtaining a Player Pass, all Players must use Team Builder (http://team-builder.majorleaguegaming.com/) in order to complete their Registration.
- Unused Player Passes may not be kept as a Credit and later used in the purchase of a future Event Pass.
Player Pass Prices
- Spring Championship King of Fighters XIII (KoF) Player Pass = $50
- Spring Championship Mortal Kombat (MK) & KoF Player Passes = $70
- Spring Championship Soul Calibur V (SCV) & KoF Player Passes = $70
- Spring Championship MK, SCV, and KoF Player Passes = $90
- Gold Members will receive a $10 discount when purchasing one of the above items, Online or at Check-In.
- The Check-In price for Event Passes will be $10 higher unless Online Registration for that particular Event(s) sold out prior to 11:59 PM EDT on Monday, June 4th.
- After obtaining a Player Pass, all Players must use Team Builder (http://team-builder.majorleaguegaming.com/) in order to complete their Registration, including accepting the 2012 Pro Circuit Official Rules.