Juri Changes - what you think so far?

juri

Copied from blog entry:

http://puu.sh/5tpUz.png

1. Are you satisfied with it?
  2. Do you think this will make Juri a viable option to win big tournaments live EVO?
  3. How you’re planning to use each of the changes?

My favorite buffs:

** Close Standing LP hitbox expanded downward**
Close Standing MP start-up speed during Feng Shui Engine now the same as normal version
Close Standing MK start-up speed during Feng Shui Engine now the same as normal version
** Far Standing MP now Special-cancellable**
** Far Standing LK start-up reduced from 5F to 4F**
Far Standing HK becomes airborne on 3F instead of 6F; hitbox size during Feng Shui Engine now the same as normal version
** Crouching MK start-up reduced from 6F to 6F (assuming it’s now 5f startup); recovery reduced from 17F to 16F**
** Diagonal Jump HP no longer causes knockdown**
** Sekku (6+MK) now airborne from 1st frame of start-up**
Kasatushi now takes recoverable damage when absorbing attacks
EX Shikusen now has input follow-ups like the normal version
EX Senpusha invincibility time increased from 1-6F to 1-7F; changed from -14F to -15F on block
Feng Shui Engine (UC1) invincibility time reduced from 1-4F to 1-2F; at max Revenge Gauge, active length reduced from 900F to 700F
Kaisen Dankairaku (UC2) hitbox slightly expanded forward

fs.mp being special canlleable is pretty huge for me. It is incredibly useful in SFxT to stay in fuhajin store range during frametraps. And it opens new pressure options.

j.hp no longer causing a knockdown means we have an ambiguous heavy cross-up and can combo off it so it’s great. Especially in the corner since she can fake cross-up with it when j.hk doesn’t work.

Sekku and fs.hk will be even better low crush moves.

Sucks that she got some nerfs too but I think her buffs make up for it. I didn’t like how Juri relied too much on her Ultras to comeback. But these changes will definitely make her more solid in neutral/mid-range and up close.

• Close Standing LP hitbox expanded downward
    With cr.MK being 5 frames it feels like this is “almost” useless. Maybe good as a frametrap but other than that cool

• Close Standing MP start-up speed during Feng Shui Engine now the same as normal version

• Close Standing MK start-up speed during Feng Shui Engine now the same as normal version
    Seems like I won’t be dropping the s.MP after overhead anymore

• Far Standing MP now Special-cancellable
    This buff is fucking godlike. We can finally make stores safe lol

• Far Standing LK start-up reduced from 5F to 4F
    Easier counterhitcombo. This also kills Bison when we are cornered.

• Far Standing HK becomes airborne on 3F instead of 6F; hitbox size during Feng Shui Engine now the same as normal version
    I don’t get the airborne thing since I never had problems with this. Far.HK xx Release is a decent build in frametrap during FSE. Good buff.

• Crouching MK start-up reduced from 6F to 5F; recovery reduced from 17F to 16F
    I assume 6F to 6F was a typo. With this move being 5 frames combos cr.LK > cr.MK are possible. Finally a godlike confirm off a crouchtech

• Diagonal Jump HP no longer causes knockdown
    j.HP fakecrossup vs almost the full cast and she mostly stays in front also the hitbox is ridiculous. I can already see it getting nerfed in USF4 AE

• Sekku (6+MK) now airborne from 1st frame of start-up
    Not getting hit out of this by crouchtechs yup. I like

• Kasatushi now takes recoverable damage when absorbing attacks
    I blame france

• EX Shikusen now has input follow-ups like the normal version
    Well self explanatory.

• EX Senpusha invincibility time increased from 1-6F to 1-7F; changed from -14F to -15F on block
    Cody can’t stuff ex wheel anymore with jab jab frametraps. \o/

Feng Shui Engine (UC1) invincibility time reduced from 1-4F to 1-2F; at max Revenge Gauge, active length reduced from 900F to 700F

• Meh I don’t care about this one.

God I am more than pleased with this. I still can’t believe it.

I´m kinda salty about Feng Shui, being less invincible and less time… but still i think Juri has got a lot of buffs :), but goodbye to forwardthrow dashx4 jump HP fuzzy guard :frowning:

You’ll probably still get hit by crouching lights in the early frames, I doubt they are going to change the hurtbox, and just being airborne doesn’t make it invincible to lows. I imagine the intent of the change is just to make crush throws from frame 1.

Solid. Hopefully the ultra 2 forward propulsion allows for much easier input for ex dive kick U2, or juggle off of J.MP. I still get that wiffing after that juggle sometimes…

Gotta be honest…I’m still not feeling scared by her.

The ambiguous j.hp is probably the most threatening thing, a lot of these changes don’t really address her big weaknesses. For many characters, option selecting with c.mp (or c.mk) +throw tech already solves problem against Sekku.

She still needs meter to get people away, Ultra 2 is still really situational, Feng Shui got nerfed noticeably.

Right now I’d rather play Poison.

So, I have a question.
Feng Shui got its time nerfed.
If I use Ultra Combo Double, does the time get nerfed even further?

Is it gonna be like a 5-7 second U1 if I use that?

I love that my Abel combos will work on everyone now. Glad they finally adjusted the FSE hitboxes to match normal ones. Bummed about the FSE nerfs. The j.hk change seems really good. What happens if she stuffs a srk with the new one? Do they reset standing and punish or do we get to combo off it?

Does anyone know how the double ultra thing will affect FSE? Does it reduce the duration? If not choosing double ultra for us FSE Juris will give us another option free, even if the damage on it is reduced.

Yeah the time gets cut. I think its 4 seconds. Check the 2013 thread.

Keep in mind right now double ultra cuts all ultras down to 60% (I think that’s the number they gave), but they’ve made it so each character and maybe each ultra can have its own amount. So if they changed it to like 75% for Juri, or maybe 80% for U1 and 65% for U2, it could still be usable. That’s not in the current build though…

By itself, FSE loses 200 frames of duration, at max charge. So, if you’re using it at part charge, it shouldn’t really affect anything?

I mean, really though, it’s still 11.66667 seconds duration at max charge.

ex dive kick having followups as the normal version could be potentially great, depending on the frame advantage of a single ex dive kick

I believe I heard that they’re not consistent across the board? Or they’re not going to be. Ryu is getting like 80 percent damage on both or something crazy.

Damage reduction for double ultra is subjective to each character specifically. People with two really good ultras gets worse reductions. Such as Zangief.

Just played a lot of Ultra Juri in NEC. Here are my thoughts:

Having Far standing MP cancelable is great. Allows juri to apply pressure more easily.
Standing LP hitting crouching characters allows better hit confirms
Jump Fierce is still being tweaked as it’s a bit buggy going air to air. When it hits air to air, the opponent doesnt get a soft knockdown, but lands on their feet.
Allows more damage potential as this move doesnt cause a knockdown.
Ex Divekick is more like normal Divekick. On block it doesnt cause a full animation of all the kicks, can now control when to do the kicks.
Ex pinwheel having more invincible frames on startup is a much needed “get off me” move.
Crouch MK being 5f and stand lk, totally makes juri have a decent footsie game.

I also spoke with Combofiend, he says in the next Ultra location test, they will give juri back U1 activity length.

All in all, Juri feels like a complete character. Still has issues with pressure/wakeup but that’s just her archetype.

I’ll be here at NEC all weekend playing Ultra, so if anyone here wants me to test anything, just post it.

Many of the other characters are all very impressive. Ken is currently OP.

Also, delayed wakeup is 11 frames.

Just convince combofiend that j.HP not knocking down isn’t broken at all. If they want to nerf it then please just increase the hurtbox but under no circumstances put it back into it’s old form. I really like that move :stuck_out_tongue:

Juri right now is very very stronk

Too stronk or just the right amount of stronk?

She’s no AE Yun, but right now I feel that she has what it takes to be up there with the best. She really got a lot of good changes and so far j.hp is going to be broken good.
But even if they nerf it/change it back to how it is now, she’s going to be up there.

Far Standing MP now Special-cancellable
Far Standing LK start-up reduced from 5F to 4F
Far Standing HK becomes airborne on 3F instead of 6F; hitbox size during Feng Shui Engine now the same as normal version
Crouching MK start-up reduced from 6F to 6F (assuming it’s now 5f startup); recovery reduced from 17F to 16F
Diagonal Jump HP no longer causes knockdown
Sekku (6+MK) now airborne from 1st frame of start-up
EX Senpusha invincibility time increased from 1-6F to 1-7F; changed from -14F to -15F on block
EX Shikusen now has input follow-ups like the normal version
Kaisen Dankairaku (UC2) hitbox slightly expanded forward

Some changes are kind of hidden, like EX Pinwheel is going to help her A LOT when under pressure but also as an anti air after bad fireballs/against dive kicks.
F+MK will be able to be used under pressure to get out by being air-reset.
TK Dive UC2 more consistent on the cast (tested this myself), that’s a big change.
Always combo into c.mk is huge for her, while st.lk is going to improve her footsies/punishment by just a bit.
st.mp is going to be a great whiffpunisher/corner pressure move now with cancelable properties, imagine in corner st.mp x store, ex pinwheel/store every time someone tries to tech a throw for example.