Juri's wakeup game

juri

This is a list of Juri’s various wakeup options along with other relevant details. Let me know if anything should be changed or added.

EX Senpusha
1-6: invincible
7-46: projectile-invincible
7-9: active (front)
11-14: active (front+back)
18-20: active (back)
21-23: active (front)
25-27: active (front+back)
32-34: active (back)
35-37: active (front)
39-41: active (front+back)

beats:[list]
[]meaty attacks
[
]meaty throws
[]late cross-ups[/list]
loses to:[list]
[
]delayed attacks (trade)
[]delayed throws
[
]blocking[/list]

This is decent but not very reliable. If your opponents are doing proper meaties, it works well, but they can mix up their timing to punish it.

Kasatushi
3-31: active

evades:[list]
[]late attacks[/list]
[
]meaty attacks
[]all throws
[
]armor-breakers
[*]blocking[/list]

This is usually not very useful, but it can save you some meter if your opponent messes up their meaty timing.

EX Kasatushi
1-31: active

[]meaty attacks[/list]
[
]all throws
[]armor-breakers
[
]blocking[/list]

This is Juri’s best reversal on wakeup. If it triggers, you can reset to neutral positioning, reverse a corner situation, or attempt an attack with the upward teleports. Kunai and Burning Kick vortexes simply do not work on Juri because of this move.

Fuharenjin
[]most meaty attacks
[
]focus attacks[/list]
[]Shunpukyaku
[
]blocking[/list]

This is not something to use much. If your opponent gets too aggressive, it can be used as an alternative to EX Senpusha.

backdash
1-8: invincible
9-18: airborne
19-27: grounded

[]meaty attacks[/list]
[
]delayed sweeps
[*]various special attacks[/list]

Juri has a relatively good backdash, but like most other characters, it is vulnerable to option-selects.

dash
1: hitbox lowers to approximately shoulder-level
2-8: hitbox lowers to approximately waist-level

[]most normal cross-ups
[
]Tostada Press, Fajita Buster, Propeller Tortilla
[]cross-up hurricane kicks[/list]
[
]Shinku Hadoken[/list]

This is a pretty good anti-cross-up option, and it tends to be difficult to punish.

crouch MP/crouch HP/close HP
[*]late jumps/dive kicks[/list]

These are pretty straightforward anti-airs.

crouch MK
[]cross-up hurricane kicks[/list]
[
]Burning Kick
[]Psycho Crusher
[
]Flying Barcelona Attack
[*]all hurricane kicks[/list]

close MK
1-6: airborne
6-8: active (low)
15-16: active (high)

[]throws[/list]
[
]delayed, invincible throws
[]meaty pokes (reset)
[
]launchers[/list]

This is a good option for avoiding being thrown. Most meaty attacks only result in a reset, so this can be a viable alternative to crouch-teching.

crouch tech
blocks:[list]
[]meaty attacks
[
]meaty throws[/list]
[]frame traps
[
]command throws
[]dive kicks/“hop” attacks[/list]

This is a great option-select. It is usually the safest way to deal with ground pressure, barring grapplers. *Crouch MP/HP/MK can be used to stuff/evade anti-crouch tech moves.

Cheers i was still unaware to this day the properties and frame data of Juri’s dash’s. Also regular Counter loses to crossups, for some reason it has a hurtbox on the back.

I dont know if you wanna go into it, But KasaCancelling IS still a valid option…although difficult to use properly. I do believe that with practice we can use this to our advantage.

KasaCancel Ex Sempusha for an example handles the situations in which we would lose on a trade. Ex Fuhajin low takes care of situations in which ex sempusha wouldn’t reach and the attack used is long range with high recovery. Kasacancel mk super will work through fireballs that are hard to punish like sonic booms. Kasacancel FSE makes the ultra a reversal option that can turn the tide in a big way.

Just my thoughts. It takes 2 options and combines them. The trade off is the difficulty, but with practice KasaCancel ex sempusha, fuhajin low is not hard to do at all.

Then theres the rare KasaCancel Kasatushi. THere have been times where I kasacancel…hit on frame one…and do another Kasatushi. O.o. I just absorbed and stood there doing another taunt (because I wasnt hit again).

Just saying…thats Daigo vs Jwong shit there. Absorb 3 hits of a move and go straight to a punish. MMMM

I digress…

I’m not exactly sure about the details of how armor-cancelling works, but as far as I know, the armor needs to be triggered immediately after using the move in order to kara cancel. If you get hit around frame 5 after wakeup, is it still possible to cancel to EX Senpusha? Even if it is, I’m still skeptical about the usefulness of cancelling to EX Senpusha as it seems like the only time it would be worth it would be if you know your opponent is going to attack and may time it to hit on frame 7. Otherwise, it would be better to just use EX Senpusha as a reversal, as that would also beat meaty throw attempts. Feng Shui Engine seems like the most viable option for Juri to armor-cancel to, as it hardly has any invincibility to speak of, and you get to keep your revenge meter if the armor doesn’t trigger.