Just finished my custom street fighter 4 stick project_!

SORRY, NO PICS RIGHT THIS SECOND… BUT I WILL POST SOME IN AN HOUR OR SO AFTER I TAKE PICS… MIGHT BE SHITTY, CUS’ ALL I GOT IS A 3MP CAMERA-PHONE AT THE MOMENT… BUT HERE ARE THE PARTS I USED ON THE CUSTOM SF4 ARCADE STICK.

11 - HAPP CONCAVE BUTTONS — 4 WHITE - 7 BLACK - With Quick-Disconnects - 1 Button With “X” Logo
1 - HAPP BLACK BAT-STYLE JOYSTICK — PART NO. 50-6070-160 - Competition Joystick, 8-way, Gold-Contact, Microswitch
1 - Custom-Made Wooden Box - Cherry-Mahogany Finish- Plexiglass Top With Ryu & Chun-Li Graphic - Plastic Bottom With 4 Screws
1 - MadCatz Modded PCB - Wired Controller - Headphone Jack Included

So yeah, thats basically what i used… i think. it has a sweet cherry-mahogany wood finish, w/ the ryu-chun-li graphic under the plexiglass w/ the screws under the buttons holding it very tight together, so the graphic is easily replaceable after taking it apart, of course… the last two buttons are white w/ black rings… back & start button are white w/ black rings… and the other 6 are black w/ black…

i’m thinking of ordering extra sanwa buttons to see the difference between the two… i’ll post a pic in an hour or two… and you guys can tell me what color buttons i should possibly replace it with… or the joystick too as well. the HAPP buttons were given to me by a friend who also mods custom joysticks and the buttons were basically brand-new… so yeah. the joystick is black as well… i’d like the stick to stand-out or maybe even blacklight reflective, or illuminated w/ led’s… that would be awesome.

cant wait to see it.

pictures of my arcade stick_ custom

whats with that chode looking bat?

^ what’s wrong with it, i like HAPP Sticks i’m actually in the market for a HAPP for mvc2.

dawg!! is that a non common ground pcb?

those pics are hard to judge the beauty of your beast my friend :bgrin:

Can I get a closeup of the home button? It looks like you inserted the box button in a drilled out 24mm button.

That’s a super, not a competition stick.

what’s the bottom made out of?

You do know there is a thread dedicated to showing off your custom sticks, right?

guide button

How did you mount your guide button?
I am interested in doing this myself.
Good looking stick, you got me even more motivated to start on mine.

sorry about the pics… they were taken w/ a camera-phone. you’re right. it is a super… my friend and i ordered the parts, and we ordered both sticks for different projects we’re currently working on. the home button was actually the guide button taken off of wired madcatz 360 controller from which the pcb was taken from and used in that stick. it was glued on… nothing too difficult. the bottom was made by my friend, and i believe he used a couple pieces of really thin plywood, or double-ply, or some other type of wood glued together.

…and yes, i do know that there is a thread showing off custom sticks but i basically wanted to post a thread showing my first custom stick project, people’s opinions, and what i should and should not have done. its hard to get opinions on your own sticks on threads with hundreds of other sticks. just thought it was okay to make a new thread. if it wasn’t then i apologize for posting this here.

any other suggestions?

First of all, congrats on finishing the project. I just finished my first SE mod, and let’s just say I’m glad my second is on the way, because I learned some handy lessons.

In regards to your stick, my only criticisms are that the black and white color scheme contrasts with the wooden box, and I’m not so sure about the AK/AP buttons… they look kinda goofy.

With that great, earthy wood, I would have went with more yellow/orange/green/brown/black instead of a ‘contemporary’ b&w.

yeah, i’m thinking of changing the graphic altogether and the buttom color scheme as well. what do you suggests w/ that graphic…?

Concave? :nono:

Looks good man. I just finished up my own Happ stick prototype. Still working on the nice looking box, as the prototype is in an old low-profile subwoofer box I made for my old car, but I used the Happ concave buttons as well.

I heart Happ concave buttons, whats the issue with them?

i love the happ concave buttons as well… i think for my next stick, which is a hori ex 2, i MIGHT use happ concave buttons again, w/ a sanwa JLF bat-top…