Just me or Ibuki is kind of OP?

ibuki

I have seen the damage of her super and… it’s huge IMO compared to others.

UMvC3 OTT now with more P4A

There are some characters with higher super damage and no, Ibuki is not OP.

I wouldn’t say OP but she is defiantly top tier.

The damage on her super alone doesn’t make her OP. Not by a long shot. If she was OP, then you’d be seeing her win a lot more tournaments and placing top8 at every major. When was the last time you saw someone win a tourney or consistently place top8?

Same argument applies. She’s definitely not top-tier. Only at the highest levels of Ibuki play does she even begin to scratch the high-tier surface, and still demands that the Ibuki play extremely perfect in execution. She still has issues with her low health, limited defensive options, and mediocre ground game, to overcome against tough matchups.

By this logic, Zangief/THawk/Hakan should be op because their supers all do over 400 damage.

Also, I don’t recall the word “op” being used in the FGC for some reason. Usually they say “gdlk” or “broken” or something. /gaming lingo

She isn’t OP unless there is lag that stops the opponent and the Ibuki player executes perfectly. If so memorized Tsumuji loops can easily kill the opponent.

3rd Strike Ibuki is better pretty free.

It’s just the way gaming terminology evolves. Similar to how combos used to be called 2-in-1s, crossups were called neck kicks, meaties were called fierce (which makes it confusing when you actually involve the button ‘fierce’), option-selects were called installs, and throws were called cheaps (also, increases the rate of stabbings at arcades).

Nowadays I notice that most terminology is starting to come out of WoW due to its raging popularity across dem internetz. People used to never say ‘epic’ until WoW. OP (overpowered) as I recall, came from D2.

Now people just tirelessly re-quote dumb memes. shivers

You’ll most likely never hit with a raw super anyway ^^

Ibuki is a strong, solid character, not good enough to be OP though. But I am pretty sure I can consider her as a high tier. Most japanese players say she is A-tier, I kinda agree with them although I think Ibuki’s gameplay relies on too many gimmicks to make her that powerful in high-level conditions =P

I don’t even call them gimmicks, just extremely potent strategies that are only effective in a handful of specific situations. But I have this argument all the time.

What exactly are gimmicks? I consider them to be very risky strategies that only work a handful of the time, and aren’t viable as part of playing “solid”. Whereas Ibuki’s post knockdown mixups are essential to her strategy, but can be difficult to execute due to the fact that it requires a UKD.

Well ibuki has vortex, high damage and high stun combos,builds meter quickly,one of the best anti airs in the game,can combo meterless into ultra,somewhat good mobility.Btw her super is good,but not becase it does good damage ,but because it’s safe on block and you can chip your opponent to death.
On the other hand she has low health,low stun,no reversal without ex bar(but if you want to make it safe you’ll need 3 bars),bad walk speed,can’t run away or turtle effectively…Also she has bad match ups lol
Another thing is that winning with ibuki at higher level isn’t easy.It’s quite the opposite.Don’t expect to rely just on vortex and win.
So definitely she’s not op but just a really good character.Imo in 2012 she lies in the lower spots of the high tier.

<font face=“Arial, Verdana” size=“2”><span style=“line-height: normal;”>I came by this weird phenomenon that everyone who doesn’t use Ibuki thinks she is broken, while everyone who mains Ibuki doesn’t think shes good enough. Honestly, if your looking to win tournaments, just play Akuma for that vortex nonsense :/</span></font><div><font face=“Arial, Verdana” size=“2”><span style=“line-height: normal;”><br></span></font></div><div><font face=“Arial, Verdana” size=“2”><span style=“line-height: normal;”>As an Ibuki player, ive probably came close to dropping Ibuki for Akuma about 700 times. But I love how she plays and I love her vortex so much more than Akumas. I do feel like Ibuki has maybe one more undiscovered thing in her but unless we get another patch to come out (which I believe will make Ibuki better, just a feeling), she’ll probably stay near or at top 10. </span></font></div><div><font face=“Arial, Verdana” size=“2”><span style=“line-height: normal;”><br></span></font></div><div><font face=“Arial, Verdana” size=“2”><span style=“line-height: normal;”>One thing I think most people overlook is that Ibuki does average/well against most characters who are visioned as top. however, her main issues for top tier characters are rufus and cammy, and you wont go to one major without at least a 100 of these, and then characters like bison and zangief, who are both tournament regulars. </span></font></div><div><font face=“Arial, Verdana” size=“2”><span style=“line-height: normal;”><br></span></font></div><div><font face=“Arial, Verdana” size=“2”><span style=“line-height: normal;”>Id love to be that man who wins a tournament with Ibuki, but if Sako cant do it, there isnt a way in hell I am. </span></font></div><div><font face=“Arial, Verdana” size=“2”><span style=“line-height: normal;”><br></span></font></div><div><font face=“Arial, Verdana” size=“2”><span style=“line-height: normal;”>Oops, tangent. no she is not broken. :P</span></font></div><div><font face=“Arial, Verdana” size=“2”><span style=“line-height: normal;”><br></span></font></div>

I thought this was the Cammy forums for a second.

Thread kinda old but oh well. I think she’s easily top 10. I personally get blown up by an above average one, if I use my main, cause I don’t know the matchup too well. The online Ibuki’s don’t teach me anything except down back beats them cause they random neckbreaker.