Justice League/DC movie thread

Oh wow…they are pulling the trigger on a Plastic Man film?

LOL Sony

So…what if Superboy was evil?
A take on Superboy Prime?

Watched that earlier, we’ve seen the evil Supermam concept before, but I like the horror motif its goin with plus I like Gunn. Should be decent

Reminded me of Mark Waid’s origin story for the Plutonian in his Irredeemable comic. Since they were going to be making that into a movie, sucks for Mark Waid. Supposedly he posted up “Dear Sony, You’re welcome, please enjoy my money.” XD

seems like early reviews of Aquaman are all positive. Doesn’t seem like it is a masterpiece but a fun action packed movie. Glad to hear

dumb summer movie fun is what dc needs.

It’s worked for marvel for 11 years so why not. Regardless of the year all their movies are dumb, summer pop corn flicks. Which is fine. You can be entertaining without being an actual good movie. Look at the fast and furious series. Fucking garbage movies but man they’re entertaining.

Saw an advanced screening last night and I will say that Jason Momoa rocks as Aquaman. The “look” the character takes from is the 1990’s comic book version, specifically Volume 5 scripted by Peter David.

Directed by James Wan (The Conjuring 1and 2, Furious 7), the supporting cast includes Willem Dafoe as Nuidis Vulko, Amber Heard as Mera, Nicole Kidman as Queen Atlanna, Graham McTavish as King Atlan, Dolph Lundgren as King Nereus and Patrick Wilson as Orm/Ocean Master. Black Manta was there too but kinda forgettable.

The plot tells the origin of Arthur Curry/Aquaman with the screenplay written by David Leslie Johnson-McGoldrick and Will Beall plus some input from DC’s Chief Creative Officer Geoff Johns, which I felt was a positive in regards to characterizations. The story picks up some time after The Justice League mops up Steppenwolf with Aquaman trying to avert war between the seven underwater kingdoms that Orm is trying to control against the surface world by seeking out the Trident of Atlan and take his place as the rightful King of Atlantis. Parts of the movie gave me an Indiana Jones-type of vibe with the globe-trotting scenes and a good dose of humor thrown in for good measure without feeling “forced” to be funny.

The film has some of the best effects of the whole DCEU movies, including dialogue between characters while COMPLETELY underwater, the Trench fight and the battle scenes were almost ripped right out of Peter Jackson’s LOTR films (WETA Digital worked on the movie, big surprise there). They stick pretty close to Aquaman’s power set, costume and history but that unexpected Kaiju scene was really impressive for me. The narrative could have been tighter though, I felt as though some scenes ended abruptly and they just barreled through to get onto the next action sequence. Also, the world-building scenes were a little too much for my liking.

I would personally put this right behind 2017’s Wonder Woman and ahead of Justice League as I enjoyed the somewhat faithful approach to the characters, the performances and how the story was told. Oh yeah, it sets up a sequel for itself in the mid credits scene lol.

The DC TV shows on the CW, to include the crossovers, owns the DC movies and the Marvel movies for free!

Interesting choices…

Looks like Batman will be on the CW show in Crisis on Infinite Earths.

Who will be Batman? You know, Bray Wyatt sounds like Batman in his promos; Jake the Snake too!!!

No guarantees batman will be in. Although would be nice.

How u figure Batman is in?

It’s just @Jion_wansu being dumb. Don’t pay attention to it.

Son of Hulk…

Hello Wildcat…