Kaillera 3rd Strike Tournament (03/16/2008)

Game: Street Fighter III 3rd Strike: Fight for the Future (Japan, 990512, NO CD)

Emulator: MAME32++119

Client: February 11

Date: Sunday March 16th

Time: 9:00pm Eastern Standard Time

Format: 2/3 Falls, Double Elimination. 3/5 Falls Winners and Losers Finals. 4/7 Grand Finals.

Connection: P2P (if there are P2P problems, a mutual server can be agreed upon)

Ping/Frames: Ping no higher than 50ms in a server and Excellent connection is required.

All brackets will be co-ordinated through #3Stournament on Efnet.

NOTES

• Mandatory IRC rule is in effect. If you have come across players on Kaillera that play this game please send them a link to this thread and tell them to get IRC. I will not co-ordinate matches between IRC and Kaillera because people don’t want to take 30 seconds for a couple meg download.

• Only one player per PC. Multiple players can cause a hold up in getting through the matches.

• Registration is done by being in the channel between 8:30pm - the brackets are created. Do no send me PM’s for your registration, I will not use them. As long as you’re in the channel, you will be added to the list.

• Ranks from the previous singles tournament will be used to determine ranks for this tournament. If this is your first time entering, you will be seeded randomly after previous players. The system is set up to reward those who enter regularly.

OOOHHHH SHEEEEIIIT im in :-p

Hey Nagata, how come you’re going to be using mame instead of nfba? Isn’t nfba the least laggy?

I understand a few folks have jumped on the NFBA bandwagon and I respect that. However, MAME is a proven, stable emulator while NFBA is still basically a beta and a work in progress. When NFBA becomes a more sound emulator I will be happy to make the jump from MAME. Until such point, MAME 119 will be the emulator of choice.

I wanna try. but I’ll need some help making sure the ping/frames thing is cool because I have no idea what to do with this program.

that’s the ppk one right?

mame v0.119? i thought ppl used v0.117 on the server? I need to find 0.119 again. i had that at first, but no one played me then. o well.

Do you have to restart mame after one game even with 0.119? Count me in btw ^

I’ll join but hopefully everyone is up and ready this time. Took about 10-30 minutes just to have one match finish the last team tourney.

Yes you still have to restart 119 after you play.

Run Dander… RUN.

i think for the public convenience it would be better if NFBA or 117 [worst case] were used.
This will avoid people haveing to config the new emulator etc etc and if you use nfba its less likley to fuck up and eat up processor power, and the latest p2p client that comes with nfba has irc client with it so that would benefit

I’ll register if it’s at all possible nao.

me too i want to register too

where do i download the feb 11 client?
nvm, i found it

Amen to not using nfba as the standard…just because it doesn’t work for me >_>

Obviously if two people have the option to play nfba they should go ahead and use it but there shouldn’t be a “nfba or gtfo” rule.

i like nfba. if for anything at all, its ability to not be a shitty memory hog. (don’t get me wrong, i have 2gb ram, but i appreciate when software is coded with efficiency in mind).

about sums it up

Sorry folks, something came up and I’m not able to run this tournament.

Re-scheduled for next Sunday at 10:00pm (note the start time please)

It’s really too bad this tournament had to be cancelled. I think it would have been so cool if we had called it Kara Palm Sunday tourney.

yea i don’t quite get why 0.119 is used as well
shouldn’t it either be 0.117 or nfba?

kinda weird to be using version 9… but im in… o shit 2 late hahahaa

cool at least im on vacation…WOOHOO for EASTER lol