Kaillera Disconnection

Since the Kaillera servers are down, my friends and I have been doing p2p IP connection. It works fine, but after about 45min or so (depending on what game we play), it just freezes and we get kicked off.

The person hosting is the only person that has the ports forwarded, do both players need to be forwarded for this problem to be solved, or is there another way I may have overlooked?

Any help is greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance.

EDIT: I am using WinKawaks 1.59 with Marvel vs capcom, Metal Slug 3, and couple other games, and it happens with all of these. How often and how quick the dc’s happen is random to my knowledge.

As far as I know, the port-forwarding issue only comes up when you’re trying to establish the the initial connection with your opponent.

It sounds like “normal” network instability, as far as I can tell. I have people that I can play 50+ ST matches against with no problems and others who I occasionally have issues crop up with, similar to what you’re experiencing. I don’t think you’re going to be able to find a magic bullet to fix this problem. If you’re concerned about a freeze ruining a longer-playing game, you can use an emulator that allows online savestates (dunno if Kawaks has that or not, heh).