Kaimana RGB LED Board thread, RGB animations and more! SRK Tech Talk 2013 Product of the Year!

Fūrinkazan - Ultimate LED Fightstick Version 2.0

**As a follow-up to my Version 1.0 post -

The build out took over a year to complete, mainly due to the complexity of the coding. The codebase is easily the largest I’ve ever written (although a feat the coding masters like @32teeth and @Toodles could have completed in a fraction of the time).

Artwork is a Ryu “Fūrinkazan” themed Street Fighter V overlay atop a Vewlix Diamond inspired layout.

The goal of the project was to develop a comprehensive LED controller with zero compromise and unlimited customization. Just like the first iteration, there’s no need to reprogram with a computer. All customization is done using the front facing button UI on the controller, and all settings are saved to internal memory on the board. The entire controller is 360-degrees LED backlit (including side lighting of the top plexi) with a 118 LEDs driven in total. There are 130 total LED animations, 7 controller loadouts, and 7 color palette configuration menus.

Spec List:

1. Features:
[*]Button Menu GUI (with 100+ save points)

[*]Color and Mode Feedback System

[*]7 Color Palette Menu Configurators

[]7 Controller Loadouts
*** Including:
- Plexi Palette Configuration Menu

- Vanilla Loadout (Legacy)
** with Palette Configuration Menu*

- Marvel Loadout (Legacy)
** with Palette Configuration Menu*

- Deluxe Loadout (New)
** 3 sub modes*
** 4 Palette Configuration Menus*

[] 4 Plexi LED Modes*
- Solid Color
- Fire
- Cyan Fire
- RGB Rainbow

[] 5 Startup Animation Modes*
- 4 Unique Startup Animations
- 1 Random Startup Animation
[*] 2 Street Fighter Animation Modes (customizable and Unique to 3 controller loadouts)
- Ryu (5 Legacy Animations)
- Guile (5 New Animations)

[*] 2 Extra Modes
- Hot Plug Reset
- Factory Reset

[*] 130 LED Animations
Note: Some animations include sub-modes (for unique animation settings and color configurations) that can be configured in real-time while the animations are running. Since they are too many to mention, they are not listed here.

Animations Running in Parallel:
*- 36 Action Button Screensaver *
- 35 Case Animations (front and side of case)
- 4 Plexi Animations (top plexi and back of case including cable compartment)

Standalone Animations:
- 35 Full LED Button Screensaver (action button and entire case)
- 10 Street Fighter Animations (Ryu and Guile)
- Plexi Lighting
- 5 Startup Animations
** 4 Unique Startup*
** 1 Random Startup (6 unique animations)*

2. Controller Loadouts (7 Total) -
Note: Some loadouts include sub-modes that can be configured in real-time while the loadouts are selected. They are listed here applicable.

[]Random Color
]** Simon**
[]** Tournament Mode**
]** Button Fade + Ripple (aka Tribute to @Toodles Remora board)**
3 Loadout Modes + Action Button Screen Saver:
- Button Fade + Button Hold
- Ripple Gradient + Button Hold
- Ripple Solid + Button Hold
[]** Vanilla (Button Press + Button Hold)**
]** Marvel (2 Swap Animations + 3 Color Modes + Button Hold)**
[]** Deluxe **
3 Loadout Modes:
** Button On press

** Button On press + Button Press + Button Hold*
** Button On press + Button Press + Button Hold + Multi-button Press + Multi-Button Hold*

Just wrapped up on the project. I’ll try to post a complete demo when I have time to do a proper video.

This is AWESOME! I’ve been wanting to implement read/write memory for some time now, seeing you succeed gives me hope that it can be done! Any tips on which chip can be used for this?

I’m backing up as much as possible from this thread in light of recent events.

This is so we can start fresh on whatever platform TT moves to, remember that I am building a knowledge base on our site (http://support.paradisearcadeshop.com/support/solutions/folders/14000099093) for the kaimana which has been abandoned for a bit but I will continue to expand it.

@SusanInParadise, Ben and I are also reachable via ticket (http://support.paradisearcadeshop.com/support/tickets/new) for anything PAS related.

Well shit.
Forgot about that.

To end all this in a high note: New code is out!

Following an overwhelming response in the poll, I’ve developed an 8 button only layout. My regular download location is unavailable so I’ve created a Shared Google Drive folder with it

Thanks to everyone who’s supported PAS and me by purchasing, messaging and asking questions about the products. I will follow the developments so we can start another thread/topic/whatever in the new platform. The links above will continue to work and I’m active in the TT Discord/PAS Facebook/TechTalk Facebook if you need me.

Thank you so much for the 8-button led layout. Everything worked as expected. Kudos to you sir.

@JRDIBBS Are there any animations in this code? If not can you add like maybe a double qcf plus punch and kick animation that lights up all the buttons. Or a shorykuen (foward, down, forward) light animation? I suck at programming in Arduino and don’t have the time to learn. I’m already taking a Javascript, HTML, CSS class and I’m trying to learn that crap. Anyway lemme know man. Please “at” me in your response so I get an email saying you responded. Thanks dude.

I wonder how long it will take for arcadeparadise to get the Kaimana Kameleon back in stock?

I wonder how long it will take for the Kaimana Kameleon to get back in stock at arcadeparadise. I REALLY want one.

I want to say the animations are still in there, the input threshold is a bit strange because of the differences between a stick and buttons but try a P1 hadoken at a couple of different speeds. You may find a slower input works better…

I don’t have a hitbox on hand to test so I will need to jerry rig a CP to test.

@JRDIBBS It’s not working. I guess i’m just gonna have to figure this out myself. I’ve seen videos on Youtube of Hitbox with crazy animations working on them. JRDIBBS, what is a good resource to start to learn Arduino coding? Any places you can suggest. Please “at” me back. Thanks dude…

@JRDIBBS Is the section of code below the same for the Kaimana Mini? I think this may be the problem. If it’s different, the attack commands aren’t working for the combo patterns. let me know dude:

// Map function names to binary input masks on atmega32u4 digital pin numbers
// specific to ParadiseArcadeShop.com Kaimana board (PS360+LED)
#define ATTACK_UP 0x0800UL
#define ATTACK_DOWN 0x0400UL
#define ATTACK_LEFT 0x0200UL
#define ATTACK_RIGHT 0x0100UL
#define ATTACK_K4 0x0080UL
#define ATTACK_K3 0x0040UL
#define ATTACK_K2 0x0020UL
#define ATTACK_K1 0x0010UL
#define ATTACK_P4 0x0008UL
#define ATTACK_P3 0x0004UL
#define ATTACK_P2 0x0002UL
#define ATTACK_P1 0x0001UL
#define ATTACK_NONE 0x0000UL

Point me to the videos and I could pinpoint if the trigger types are the same. I will review the hitbox code between today and tomorrow and see if I translated the triggers correctly.

I had a vid series I liked on YouTube about arduino 101 but really any you find should get you started.

@JRDIBBS What about those digital pinouts stated in the code that I listed above?? It says PS360+LED but should it work for the Kaimana mini and a Brook UFB/PS4+ Audio also? If you’re not sure that’s cool too.

@VarmintBaby yes its the same, what we want to look at is if when you press the button the press history is being stored in the animation buffer, thats how we trigger animations. Im actually looking into the code now.

Tested on my stick with the hitbox code and the animations work, the inputs are very unforgiving so take your time and try the qcf+1p motion but hold the right button after you press and press the 1p button, i tried VERY slowly and it registers.

In short press:

Down, Down+right, right (hold it here), right(still holding it)+1P

You should see a blue streak go through the buttons.

Hey guys, I have the Mayflash F300 stick which I love for its compact size. I’m looking at doing some upgrades one of which I hope will be a Kaimana board. Will there be any issues with the stock usb control board that’s in the Mayflash?

Hi cobhc!

The kaimana board is not specific to a controller, however you will have to provide 5v power,gnd and the inputs for it to function.

This will come in handy and will help minimize soldering.

For 5v and gnd you need to solder a wire from the main pcb into the breakout and for the inputs you will cut the wires and insert them into the breakout (cut them with enough slack to be able.to move it around)

That’s great, what’s the difference between the Kaimana and the Khameleon? I can see on the Wiki that the mini is just a smaller version of the OG Kaimana but can’t see what the Khameleon offers over the other versions.