Kara Tiger Shot?

sagat

How are you suppose to consistently do a kara Tiger Shot? It seems to be random whether I get an uppercut or tiger shot.

Best way is to throw a light or medium ts. Then right before it hits push qcf hk then hk again. Because only one fireball can be on the screen at a time a forward round house comes out when you do the qcf HK and the second hk does the tiger shot. Don’t think I explained it well but hope it helped

Straight out of the Q and A thread:

Q: What special moves can I kara cancel from f+LK and f+HK?
A: You can kara cancel (EX) Tiger Shots, (EX) Tiger Uppercuts, and (EX) Tiger Knees out of either f+LK or f+HK. f+LK has a bigger kara cancel window than f+HK does, so kara canceling moves out of f+LK is a lot easier. Furthermore, there are some stipulations as far as kara canceling Tiger Shots is concerned.

There are two ways to kara cancel Tiger Shots out of f+LK. The first way is doing:

f+LK -> Neutral -> HCF+P

Basically, perform f+LK, let Sagat do the dashing part of the move, and before Sagat starts swinging his leg input HCF+P and you will execute a Tiger Shot. This requires some practice, though.

The second way is entirely different. Throw a LP or LK Tiger Shot and just before it makes contact with the opponent tap QCF+LK, and then press any face button. For example, if you wanted the HP version of the Tiger Shot, you would press HP after doing QCF+LK. You MUST have a Tiger Shot present on the screen for this kara cancel method to work.

As for kara canceling Tiger Shots out of f+HK, there is only one method. It is just like the one just mentioned above. Throw a LP or LK Tiger Shot and just before it makes contact with the opponent tap QCF+HK, and then press any face button. For example, if you wanted the HP version of the Tiger Shot, you would press HP after doing QCF+HK. You MUST have a Tiger Shot present on the screen for this kara cancel method to work.

Kara Tiger Shots are faster when they are done with f+HK. Kara Tiger Shots performed out of f+LK make Sagat dash slightly further, but they are slower.

Also, I strongly suggest that you learn how to kara cancel a Tiger Uppercut out of f+HK every time. This move is useful as an anti-air attack as well as a punishment attack for such things as E.Honda’s blocked HP Headbutt.

I have a hard time getting f+lk>any fb. Half the time I get kara dp or tk. I saw a video that says you have to time the fb motion a little late but the timing still seems strict.

f+lk>fb looks better IMO because it doesn’t require another fb to be on screen and you can’t do fb>qcf hk>any button from anywhere beyond full screen.