Ken Character Specific Safe Jump Thread

ken

this is more a request , any chance some of you more knowledgeable ken players could compile a list of safe jump setups for use against specific characters ?

eg the kara throw , n.jp mp safe jump against ryu and other helpful bits of safe jump info .

ie kara throw , two steps , j.mk against sagat makes dp whiff

thanks guys :slight_smile:

Honestly I feel like if there’s going to be a new match up thread we’ll be able to compile the list of safe jumps for each individual character there instead of spreading it to another thread. ^^

I’m still working on the new match-up thread. If you guy’s can make a safe jump list, I can add it to the new match-up thread. I have information but it’s not organized so I’m going to put “Text” in the spoiler for Match-Up, OS, and Safe Jump … or did I?

Here’s the layout:

Sakura

Spoiler

[spoiler=Match-Up] Text

Option Select?s

Spoiler

Text

Safe Jump

Spoiler

Text

[/details]

Seth

Spoiler

[spoiler=Match-Up] Text

Option Select?s

Spoiler

Text

Safe Jump

Spoiler

Text

[/details]

T. Hawk

Spoiler

[spoiler=Match-Up] Text

Option Select?s

Spoiler

Text

Safe Jump

Spoiler

Text

[/details]

Vega (Claw)

Spoiler

[spoiler=Match-Up] Text

Option Select?s

Spoiler

Text

Safe Jump

Spoiler

Text

[/details]

Yang

Spoiler

[spoiler=Match-Up] Free to Ken

Option Select?s

Spoiler

Option select “Win” on wakeup.

Safe Jump

Spoiler

Text

[/details]

Yun

Spoiler

[spoiler=Match-Up] Free to Ken

Option Select?s

Spoiler

Option select “Win” on wakeup,

Safe Jump

Spoiler

Text

[/details]

Zangief

[details=Spoiler][spoiler=Match-Up]Text
[/quote]
[/details]

Option Select?s

Spoiler

Text

Safe Jump

Spoiler

Text

[/details]

I’m liking it…

Me2!

Joutai good luck on the new thread, we are all supporting you. Here is the deal, collect every information you can, by the time you think you’re done, and there is still missing info for any char, tell us in the Improvement thread, we will either come up with a new char-specific safe jump, or tell you the already existing 1 :).

Also, you can PM me whenever.

@ TS, safe jumps on all Non-3frame dps are the same, K-throw > walk back > meaty j.hp, Except for blanka and Adon the timing is different.

Joutai, thats lookin real nice man. Cant wait to see it.

Thanks for the support guys. I have finals next week so I won’t be able to do much research around here until after Christmas. I’ll try my best to get it done by New Year.

I’m not very knowledgable regarding match-ups and what not at all, but if you ever find that your hand is a little too full to do any of the grunt work (editing the Vbulletin codes, post compiling and all that jazz) just send us a PM and I’ll be more than happy to help ya out Joutai! :smiley:

Lets go Ken Crew, 2011 Ken Domination!

Hell yeah :rock:

Is there a reason people are specifying karathrow? Does it actually set anything up differently than a normal throw??

Thanks man, I think I should be able to finish the match-up section by the end of the year. The one thing I might not be able to do is get a full list of OS’s and safe-jumps by that time. If you guy’s can PM me those, I can focus solely on the match-ups.

You make a great point. No it’s exactly the same as normal throw… Idk why i always say Kara throw though lol, it just feels right to say, cuz its Ken.

I posted this in the video thread already, but i just found this thread, and think it’s better for this.(sorry for double post)

Not sure if this have been discovered yet, but i found an automatic Safe jump setup against Adon with Ken/Ryu some days ago.
I made a video, you can check it out here: [media=youtube]xMXN5BBwtac[/media]

I think this setup is very useful against Adon, and the best thing is, it’s automatic, and you can do it after a (kara)f.throw.
You just have to “mash” forward dash into the throw recovery, hold up immediately in the dash recovery, and input the normal(mk or mp work good), so there is like no timing required.
Don’t forget to input an OS against backdash, sweep for example.

With this setup you will also stuff every version of Jaguar kick/ Jaguar tooth.
Only escape the Adon player could try is FADC backwards, but you can punish it on reaction.

I hope this helps :slight_smile:

great stuff man