kens supers

ken

is there any way to hit kens level 3 supers out of a combo or is is useless in this game?

Yes.

Can you rephrase your question? Not sure what you mean. If the super is comboed into, there is no way you can hit him out.

when i play my friends i link a jump-in RH to the shippu jinrai kyaku (lvl 3 super)…

the only thing is i’m not sure if that links properly or if my friends just don’t think to block in between, but give it a try anyway, it may work

and to be honest, i use the shinryuken more…it stops crossups and if you’re playing a shoto they’re screwed if they whiff a shoryuken, believe you me.

WTF?! I don’t understand what the hell you people are asking lol.

Jump-in RH to the shippu jinrai kyaku is not a link.

if your j.rh hits and you combo into the super then you can’t hit them out of the super. You guys need to look up the word “combo”.

sorry for the incorrect terminology but i’m pretty sure whoever reads it will understand what i meant.

if you land your j.roundhouse high, you will pretty much have to go straight into your super for it to combo. if you can land deep j.roundhouse though, then you should go for the c.roundhouse XX shinryuken. (the punch button super will not hit in this case, though, because it doesn’t juggle in this game.)

kens level 3 supers will combo out of any move that a dp will combo out of, stuff like c.mk, close s.fp/s.rk, ect.

btw, jchensor has a faq on gamefaqs that explains the terminology (“linking combos”, ect.) and it is a very good read. definitely check that out.

i’ll do that. thanks.

is a trip into lvl3 super efective or does it become predictable.

Well I don’t because you guys are talking about some weird combo breaker which doesn’t exist in cvs2.

U can buffer the c.pk into lvl3 Shipuu Jinrai Kyaku. About a year ago I was using K goove Ken and would land this with much sucess. How ever if u fuk up the buffer u get command roll:( Ken has too many damn moves.

I buffer it like this. d,db,c.mp,b,d,db,b,any kick. If ur in C then obviously u would use the HK.

True Up!!

I stick to Shinryuken. It has highest damage potential. It also has the greatest coolness factor yo! Maybe I’m just thinking of juggling while in CCs, but I think you can cr. RH into shinryuken in all grooves. I don’t abuse cr.RH or even come close to abusing it (just mash cr.jab and end with cr.forward people!). Unless I really wanna knockdown, I rarely cr.RH for anything but bait. So it isn’t too predictable for me.

WTF is c.pk? And isn’t Jinrai lvl 3 only? so why does the kick used matter?

:lol: :lol: :lol:
kelly osbourne…:lol: :lol: :lol: :mad: :lol:
i can see the link hehehe-------> quote of a. warlock.

Originally posted by Shinma_sama

"U can buffer the c.pk into lvl3 Shipuu Jinrai Kyaku. About a year ago I was using K goove Ken and would land this with much sucess. How ever if u fuk up the buffer u get command roll Ken has too many damn moves.

I buffer it like this. d,db,c.mp,b,d,db,b,any kick. If ur in C then obviously u would use the HK.

True Up!! "

i do it from s. fierce or s.rh but ive been trying to c.lp.,c.lk.,c.lp.—> shinpuu… bui i cant seem to get it… ummm i answered the Q right???
did mean “hit” as in execute kaiser_wave? shit… well i gtg cuz my loin cloth is killing me…

With ken you can do c.lk, c.lp, c.mk, lvl 3 shoryueppa or the kicky super.