KOF 2K2 Tier Listing (Gameplay wise)

Yeah, just getting into this game. Of all the SNK fighters, someone KOF is my least played. But seeing as to how it’s being released for xbox, and a couple friends are taking interest into it finally, I rehashed my DC version and decided to start studying it. Usually I start with the tiers, but I can’t find any on these forums. So I thought I’d ask. From as far as I can tell

Top: Billy, Ralph, Kim
Upper mid: Athena, Chris

Everyone else no clue. I’m particularly interested in where Angel, Vanessa and Iori fall since that’s the team I’m working on.

Top: Choi, Athena, Billy.

Vanessa and Iori are fucking nasty, right below top (some would say theyre top too, but thats debateable). Angel is mid-tier. Probably high-mid.

We always hear about Choi, Athena, and Billy. Iori also definately. Players caught on to Vanessa later on, and Angel. But what about the rest of the cast? How do they rank?

Oh and don’t let Ralf’s gimmicks mislead you, he is easy to counter like Terry.

choi, athena, billy

Yashiro, Mary, Kensou also :stuck_out_tongue:

where would you put leona and Kensou?

So I found the rest of the roster, put the top placement as suggested by you guys down, and hopefully we can start placing everyone into some sort of order.

GOD:
Choi
Athena
Billy

UPPER MID:
Vanessa
Angel
May Lee
Mai
K9999
Kim Kaphwan
Ramon
Goro Daimon
O.Yashiro
Shermie
Clark
Iori
K’
Chris
Kyo Kusanagi
Kula

MID:
Yamazaki Ryuji
Leona
Yuri
O.Chris
Vice
Chang
Whip
Terry Bogard
Mature

LOW:
Robert Garcia
Takuma Sakazaki
Kensou
Andy Bogard
Benimaru Nikaido
Yashiro Nanakase
Blue Mary
Joe Higashi
Ryo Sakazaki
O.Shermie
Maxima
Seth
Chin Gentsai

EDIT: reRevised edition.

Kensou and Kim are good, but theyre not top.

Mary, Angel and Ralf listed at top sounds more like a joke. Stop it.

Iori is top tier in every damn KOF game he is in. He never changes, which is the problem.

Top:
Billy, Choi, Benimaru, Yashiro, Shermie, Athena, Clark, Iori

Clark? ?? Who the heck plays Clark? I thought Ralf was better in every way. I know Yashiro is good, but not top tier. And lastly, Benimaru? He’s got that crazy jump of his but nothing special beyond that.

Who the heck plays Clark?!

Let’s get some Kaillera action. I’ll show you who the heck plays Clark. :tup:

Also, Benimaru is ridiculously good. He can put on some incredible pressure and he’s incredibly mobile, nevermind he has good damage output thanks to some good combos.

Kula’s nowhere near that low, in fact, a good deal higher than K’. Seth, nowhere near that high. Ralf is not top, people. Ah, forget it, I’ll just say the list is all wrong and leave it at that.

EDIT: You’ll find more grounded discussion here…

http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/showthread.php?t=115588

Athena is top tier?

No way. DO tell!

hahaha

Do a search, there are plenty of threads where the top were discussed.

EDIT:

What?

Sorry, you’ve misinterpreted. I only had a basic idea of the first 8 everyone else I had no clue. I can rearrange if you want. After I read this thread of yours of course.

Nevermind the first post, only the ones discussing it.

Again I say What?

ng.com’s thread there didnt explain much, and it had zero proof(in terms of vids or match/tourney results, or gameplay related issue discussion). Especially when new names appear at the top. I want to see cool vids of them.

Somebody set this thread up with some new 2002 match vid footage.

Cause I really want some new vids to watch, it’s been awhile since i’ve seen some.

ditto, all the ones I’ve seen (although japanese) weren’t exactly impressive.

It’s not about them being impressive or not. Because at times tourney vids can look and appear to be really raw gameplay wise.

If those vids you referring to are new, or atleast somewhat. Post up links so ppl can watch them.