KOF XIV General Discussion - King of Fighters XIV Arcade Ver. Burn 2 Fight cabinets from Taito!

Looks shit. But given how poor the company is/was Im not exactly suprised. Will defo miss those KOF XIII sprites though (especially Mai’s idle animation LOL)

If you were expecting sprites, you’re dumb. I don’t care how the game looks, if 3D models means no more missing moves then sign me the fuck up, because no matter how much I enjoy XIII, there are basically no XIII character iterations that are even close to as enjoyable as they were in older games. Kim and Terry were god damn butchered for fuck’s sake.

Also, as long as it’s 2D gameplay I’m fine. I don’t want MI3.

I don’t mind either sprites or 3d, however these 3d models are abysmally bad. People keep saying it is still in Alpha, well…they need to make a giganic overhaul visually.
“It’s about gameplay, not graphics”, true, unless they look like PS2 graphics on a PS4 system with uninspired bland generic anime models. It lost all it’s personality.

Hope the game ends up amazing, but other than the most hardcore of KOF and FG fans…i don’t see anyone else being interested in this title, unles they change it.
Premature, not really, why else would they already show of a trailer.

Kotaku has some ingame screens

Man, I come back to SRK for the first time in like 2 months, and this?

I’m still half-convinced that trailer is like some kind of nightmare. Nothing in this day and age could possibly look that bad.

Rest in peace, King Of Fighters (1994-2015)

Looks more like a Maximum Impact game.

Looks bad right now but Im hoping that they can improve on it. Lets not forget that when SF4 was announced they improved the visuals same with SFV too. And SNK is a smaller company so Imma keep my fingers crossed

What worries me the most is that the stage they’re on seems to hint at 3D movement.

Id like to play this game on phone ;D

I have a feeling Sony might be helping SNK with funding

I’m really not seeing what the problem is.

You’re not seeing a shitty game with outdated visuals, which for some reasons calls itself King Of Fighters 14?

Aaaand this is why you don’t release a trailer this early in development.

The teaser doesn’t look good at all… But it’s really early footage. I actually liked Maximum Impact 2 and I’m okay with them not using sprites as long as the gameplay stays 2d.
Now they just have to bring back Rock and B.Jenet, and since Sony announced the game they should work on CVS3 too.

I honestly thought that we had another Kyo clone…until I realized that was actually Kyo…

As it was said, I don’t think anyone expected SNK to stick with sprites for KOFXIV. I did expect better 3D work than this though.

Whatever though, I want to see legit gameplay before I get too emo about it.

i dont get where everyones getting the ps2 vibe from, looks more like early ps3 title.

I’m slightly interested.

Animation outsourced to China…

Dude, they need Garou up in that joint. I’m praying my KOF XI team has a shot of being in lol.

KOFMIRA looks better than this and it’s nearly 10 years old.

I really hope the gameplay is good tho… but honestly I can’t have high expectations for new fighting games anymore.

fuc u guys
Because of the contentedness among posters and the lack of roasting, I went ahead and watched a second time to see if my eyes would see something different.

It was even worse the second time.