KoF13 Tier List Discussion

After some time spent in the practice mode, I came with this with Terry (starting with low chain lights, stand C or D, jumping. The standard starter for low chain lights is cr B, cr B, cr A, cr C) :

1 bar : 300 to 370
2 bars : 425 to 500

50% Drive : 300 to 370
50% Drive 1 bar : 385 to 450
50% Drive 2 bars : 450 to 540

That’s for the non HD combo. For these, like I said, between 750 and 800 with 2 bars, and up to 900 with 3 bars.

My tier list: http://www.mmcafe.com/tiermaker/kof13/index.html#ya0-trar2te22sdl4v9r6ued90a94w9g8xg190je91bx4wj42uhq91i36vegbphg2sd46vjs6vf54vgt4xlf6ugg6ul393k34vcn8xb28yie4wbg6vlq4vg7bqes6vmq918l4wkp2sne4vfq2rce2s-bkf

Note: it will most certainly change

I question every tierlist that doesn’t have Shen on the highest tier level.\

And there’s no way you can have Clark on the same level as Shen and Kim.

Edit: Joe is actually pretty strong and I’m not sure why hardly anyone uses him except Hare Goro, who makes him look S tier.

I think it was only Lacid/kmg that said this, don’t make up things.

MAD, Koogle and Lacid made some lists

Joe just isn’t very good unless you know his TOD combo. That’s all he’s got going for him aside from good shoto-style zoning and a frame trap with his Fireball.

Shen is not top tier. His damage is good and he’s really easy to use. That’s about it. He doesn’t have the amazing air control or footsies that can shut you down in the corner like Kim. He doesn’t get 800 damage with 1 drive and 2 bars like Hwa Jai. Etcetera. He’s definitely good, but I’d put him in the lower end of the top tier spectrum.

I’d actually place Clark at high mid-tier.

Updated tier list

• Mature is bumped up one tier. She possesses so many options when it comes to offensive pressure. She fits into every position easily, has impressive normals, block strings, reliable methods of opening the opponent up and breaking their defense.
  • Raiden is bumped up a tier. His priority and defensive game is insane. He also fits into any team position and is quick to juggle the opponent. Players should really be on the look out for general rush down tactics, along with his speed.
  • C tiers no longer exists due to the overall nature of the game…

Nothing follows.

ill Change the title to tier list discussion now, k guys. Lol

I’m looking back on this forum on all of those tier lists I made from mmcafe, including the ones made by everyone else… I now find them to be rather pointless, due to every character being viable. This game is more or less balanced… This is literally a game where it depends on the players ability to utilize the characters tool.

I still think Clark is Mid high or at the least Mid tier. And in this game Mid tier is pretty damn good.

Robert’s starting to make some traction which is interesting. I think it’s because he has so many tools and while only one or two of them are actually good, he can mind fuck you with his options.

A KOF tier list would have to be out of S, A, and B. that’s the only way.

ahhhhh i wish this game dident have a crappy netcode, i know 4 people that would of bought it too if werent for that.
louis cipher really loves Clark. Lol

My Clark love is totally no-homo.

I see Mr. Karate as being very top-tier.

EX Iori seems to have potential as well.

Overall though there seem to be quite a good deal of powerful characters in this KOF.

“potential” lol

This is how I feel about XIII right now. If you don’t agree with this, I don’t care.

Shen on the same tier as Athena, Maxima and Robert? This tierlist needs to be wiped from existence.

Shen’s tools are shit, without HD he’s got garbage confirms from lows, his no meter options are terrible, if he didn’t have Shen Woo damage in HD no one would play him besides character loyalists.

He does big damage without HD but needs meter (there aren’t many characters that can do good damage with no meter) and he can confirm anything from a low, just requires a link that isn’t so hard to perform anyway. He has all the tools except possibly a really good crossup.

hey was bored heres one i just made. i dont think its so important to make a complicated tier list for this game…in a lot of situations you can take a lot of damage for small mistakes and anyone can win from that type of thing, so the nuances of the match ups in some ways dont hinder characters the way they might in a lower damage game. the way i think of it is

S - no weaknesses, even if the character lacks something, it doesnt matter much, or their other tools are enough to significantly outweigh the disadvantages
A - strong characters, but maybe have some hard matches or drawbacks
B - characters that are strong in one way or another, but have some clear weaknesses
C - characters that lack things they need to be in a higher tier, or have weak versions of things they should have

i think kensou and maxima are maybe exceptions, enough to be ranked higher

also shen can do cr.b cr.b st.a into level 2 for not so bad damage and its easy…especially for a character that ‘doesnt do damage easily from a low’

I agree with most of it except I think Kula should be one level higher and King should be two levels higher (why is she so low in your list???). Also maybe Mature can go up one level…or half.