UGTL 6 04/24/10
The last one was nothing short of spectacular. Now, with all eyes on UGTL, we’re forced to do nothing else but step it up a notch with UGTL6- and so we have:
-Street Fighter IV 3v3 double elimination tournament!
-Live music featuring 8 Bit Weapon and ComputeHer & more!
-Debut of the Pixel Drip Gallery art show featuring exhibited and live art!
-Gorgeous new venue in the heart of Echo Park!
-Bomb dollar tacos & quesadillas served hot and ready!
-Happy hour at the bar from 2pm to 5pm!
-Vendors selling all kinds of merch!
-Casual Gaming Lounge hosted by our homies at http://AngryBananas.com
-Meat Bun - http://meatbun.us
-Cipher12 - http://cipher12.com
-All is Fighter - http://allisfighter.com
-PowerAnime - http://poweranime.com
Doors open at 2pm
Happy hour from 2pm to 5pm!
18+ to enter / 21+ to drink
On-site tournament registration begins at 2pm and ends at 5pm
Last tournament held on 01/30/10 led to Combofiend taking 1st, Combojack coming in at 2nd, and OnlineTony213 finishing it up in 3rd place.
3v3 Tournament Rules:
- Please bring your own controller! Only a few will be available on-site for use
- Teams must be registered by 5pm to participate
- Registration costs $10 per person (or $30 per team)
- Each team must be composed of 3 members
- Each team can only have 1 of each character. No duplicates!
- Players must stick with their selected character throughout the entirety of the tournament
- Player order is set up blind via the ref prior to each set
- Sets are done Pokemon style: Winning player moves on to face next team’s player until all 3 players of one team are defeated
- 99 second rounds, best of 3 rounds, no handicap, no macros, no turbo, default bindings only
- Double elimination tournament: When teams are defeated for the 1st time, they are sent to a losers’ bracket, after the 2nd loss they are eliminated
- 60% of the pot is awarded to the 1st place team
- 30% of the pot is awarded to the 2nd place team
- 10% of the pot is awarded to the 3rd place team
For more info, please visit http://www.theugtl.com or our SRK post at: http://www.shoryuken.com/showthread.php?t=225058
Live music featuring…
Our guest headlining act and chiptune legends:
8 Bit Weapon & ComputeHer - Live chiptune performance
DJ Bubba Ducc - DJ set - Spinning all the classics (Victor Chavez)
Hypest Crew - DJ set - Homebrewed Grimey Hip Hop (Christian Tincher)
Lucid - DJ set - Homebrewed Fresh Hip Hop (Tony Cole)
Enoch - DJ set - Minimal Techno House (Eric Blanco)
SXEZSKOZ - Live set - Chiptune IDM Techno (Alfredo Barraza)
This event is hosted by the good people at Rec Center Studio http://www.reccenterstudio.com
Main nearby cross-streets are Sunset/Echo Park Blvd.
Please post in the comments if you have any questions.
More details will be posted as they are made available.
Sprites featured on our flyer were created by Arthur Moy
RSVP on Facebook! http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=367318872058
*I know that this is still a bit early but it took us a while to book a new venue and I want people to save the date.
More updates to come leading up to “UGTL 6”
New Venue- Here is the new venue
Address- 1161 Logan, Los Angeles, CA, 90026
This time around we are going to be having a SFIV 3v3 tournament. I will post the format and rules for the 3v3 within the coming weeks.There is still a possibility of us running a second tournament along side our SFIV tournament. The venue is smaller so we are still figuring out the logistics and if it is feasible. So stay posted.
This time around we will have live artists and artists who are going to be show casing their art in a gallery.
This post will eventually be the official post with all the details within the next few weeks.
Thanks again for the continued support! Also feel free to post up on the thread if your looking for teammates.*