Lan Di must defeat my shoulder ram on CH to stand a chance: THE AKIRA YUKI THREAD

This i do agree with

This is the very little I’ve leeched from a handful of Akira videos so far. Take from it what you will. VFDC doesn’t seem to have a list either and it’s driving me nuts.

64P+G, 2K+G,P, P, iws PP (aoi)
64P+G at wall, 2K+GPP, 33P+K (jacky)
64P+G, 2K+G,P, K+GP (jacky)

666P CH, dash 2P, 43P, qcfx2 PP (jacky)
666P CH, dash 2P, 43P, P, qcfx2 PP (jacky)
666P CH, 2K+G,P,P W! 43P(g), qcfx2 PP (jacky)
666P CH, 2P, 2K+G,P,P (akira)

6P+K+G, 3346P W! 2K+G,P, ?? (combo was dropped) (jacky)

33P, 6KP, 3K+G,6P,466P+K (akira)

(2)46PP W! 33P+K (jacky)

46P, P, qcfx2 PP (akira)
46P, P, 2K+G,P,P (akira)

I haven’t memorized weight classes, so idk which combos work on who.

Pardon the brackets, I just copy-pasted my post on vfdc: [

() - press on hit
_](‘’) - hold direction

NH [4][6][P]: (Starter)
Tested on: Akira
[P]>[2][P]>[2_][4][6][P] - 56 dmg
[2][K]+[G]P - 56
:P:>:6::6:[K][K] - 57 (easy)
[P]>[2][P]>[K]+[G][P] - 61 (up close, no frame loss)

NH [3][3][P]
[4][6][P]>[3][K]+[G][P][P]+[K] - 72
[4][3][P]>[P]>[K]+[G][P] - 75
[4][3][P]>[2][K]+[G]P - 76
[4][6][P]>[3][K]+[G][P][4][6][6][P]+[K] - 77
[6][K][P]>[K]+[G][P] - 77
[6][K][P]>[2][P]> [2_][4][6][P] - 78 (feels inconsistent)
[6][K][P]>[3][K]+[G][P][P]+[K] - 79
[6][K][P]>[3][K]+[G][P][4][6][6][P]+[K] - 83

Teiro Kanpo~[P]
[4][6][P]>[2][K]+[G]P - 69
[4][3][P]>[P]>[6][6][K][K] - 69
dash in ~ [2][1][4][P]>[3][K]+[G][P]>[4][6][6][P]+[K] - 71
dash in ~ [2][1][4][P]>[6][K][P]>[1][P] - 77 (easy)

[6][K][P]>[1][P] - 65
[6][K][P]>[K]+[G][P] - 74

CH [3][P]+[K]
[K]+[G][P] - 57
[2][P]>[K]+[G][P] - 63 (strict timing on [2][P])
[2][P]> [2_][4][6][P] - 58
[2_][6]P - 61
[2][P]> [2_][6]P - 67 (strict timing on [2][P])
[2][K]+[G]P - 65
[2][P]>[6][6][K][K] - 65 (easy)
[1][P]>[2][P]> [2_][4][6][P] - 75 (feels strict or inconsistent)
[1][P]>[2][P]>[6][6][K][K] - 82 (feels strict or inconsistent)

Hey guys I’m new to VF. I keep hearing that Akira is the hardest character to play. Can someone explain to me why? Thanks

He has a few moves that are demanding from an execution standpoint but like any other character if you practice it is all good. At the same time he doesn’t have a full circular attack aka roundhouse kick/trip so it’s hard for him to blow up evades. He has some half circular moves so he has to predict which side the person is going to try to evade etc. At the end of the day he is 100% learnable and in this game they made him easier to play by adding df+p as a great poke,db+p to blow up wiffs from a distance and an easier DLC Combo ender. He also gets great frame advantage from forward or down [g]+[p]+[k] which staggers the opponent.

His huge damage output is the reason he is top on tier lists but the game is still balanced and a great variety of characters are winning tournaments.

Akira is easier for sure on the execution front. Still has some stuff that you need to practice, the 1 frame knee comes to mind, but otherwise execution shouldn’t scare you off.

He has godly damage. I’m doing 130 off a counter hit right now. No wall.

Ah right on =) Can you guys please give me the notations of the difficult execution moves/combos that every Akira player should know? I’d like to try them in training!

1P works far too well against the AI, beat Dural first time using just that one move over and over. If only people were so willing to walk into it…

1P works great as a high crush. Use it if you sniff a high sting.

I get it, cos trading favors the higher damage attack right? I’d love to see some big Akira combo videos

Has nothing to do with trading, it just ducks and then pops them in the mouth.

I love the body check. It’s so good in this game.

Beat a Jacky scrub who kept spamming what I assume is 66+P by moving to the side, and shoulder ram, for 45% of his life. 2 in a row = GG.

Since Akira is so good at breaking guard and has great linear attacks, is it appropriate to talk about step killing? I think of him like a powerful version of Raphael in SC. How do you guys beat evades? Throws, 4P?

The 4P strings, and 46P+K comes from his body, and 46P+K+G comes from around his back. 46P+K and 4P+K+G are also mid and double handed, so if you know which way your opponent is going to try to evade after a tech roll, you can severally limit their wakeup options.

As far as which direction to guess when using moves with circular (tracking) properties, know that everyone is trying to get away from any of the edges as fast as possible. Although, a smart opponent will know that your sniffing for a wall/ringout and will just chill.

The one deficiency Akira has had is that he has no full circular moves. While this COULD be a problem, His other moves are so strong that he can do excellent without any.

Keep using him, you’ll little by little learn how to survive with him and gain knowledge on what move to do next/mix up with after you score hits. His elbow and Super Dash Elbow will probably be the moves you use the most.

I know that seems a little vague lol, but, that’s real talk hahah. For pretty much any character (besides the elbow and SDE stuff)

Sometimes when you’re standing and blocking, constantly tapping forward can be good so right after you block a 2P (or whenever you feel like) you can let go of block and hit P to bust out a quick elbow on people or moments you think they’ll keep trying to attack after you just blocked their 2P.

His 1/3 P+K is a good low move cause it gives you advantage on hit. And also good against high punches/high strings cause it gives a CH that you can get a combo off of. It’s just a little slow.

To do his shoulder ram move, I find it easier and faster to do by hitting 11/33 then P+K at the same time you hit 1/3 the second time.

While this new FS Akira is amazing by all means, I kinda wish he had some of his VF4Evo and VF5 moves from the past.

I especially liked (not sure of each moves’ exact commands since it’s been a while) his f,f P+K which had a followup with P again. It looked like a mid attack, and then he kinda steps around and slams the opponent with the other first from an overhand. I know the voice sounded like “Ishi~~ Ha!”

Or his old P+K to P which was a quick one-two punch in close range which was another “Ishi~HAA!” or whatever.

I also used to like his db P+G+K where he does a stance dance step back, which had follow ups to different kinds of parries and attacks.

But overall? I still love this new Akira, besides the fact that he’s lost some staple moves I grew up on learning so much back then.

Akira combo video by me. Exploring his combo potential on all sizes as well as how many 1 frame knees I can do in one combo (I ended up with three).

Feedback, comments are appreciated.

I’m a big noob. But what’s the command for the bodycheck?

also how come sometimes you do the shoulder hit when you do ff+p+k and sometimes like body slam ff+p+k

Hey guys, check out this podcast with Chibaya, Plague and myself. We talk about picking up Akira, his best tools, and alot of other interesting stuff.