Laptop buying and the Blackmagic Intensity Shuttle

So I’m currently in the market for a new laptop and one of the things I’d like to do with it is do some game livestreaming. The requirements on Amazon states that it requires a USB 3.0 and X58 chipset or better.

The laptop I’m looking at is using a HM65 chipset. Will that work with the Intensity Pro or should I search out a laptop with a X58 chipset?

Full laptop specs - custom gaming laptops - Welcome to Sager Notebooks

Intensity Shuttle specs - Blackmagic Design: Intensity Tech Specs

Edit: I’ve also sent a support request to Blackmagic. I’ll post on here their response here, if in case it helps out anyone else interested in the Blackmagic Intensity Shuttle.

From what I heard from Sp00ky’s stream, the BMI with USB 3.0 does not work well with laptops. I don’t really know the specifics but he checked out forums and were disappointed too.

Yikes. That’s disappointing. I idea of portable streaming is really great. Spooky’s current solution seems amazing, but soo expensive.

Team Spooky showing off new gear - [media=youtube]gL9_RlWEHPw[/media]

Magma Expressbox Specs - Magma - PCI & PCI Express Expansion Solutions

So here’s the response from Blackmagic.

aggro crag:
have you made any purchase yet ?
I also want to use the shuttle: I am wondering of this laptop by HP would work ? (how does one find what chipset it comes with PRIOR to buying ?..also wondering if the main kicker is on-board usb 3 and the GEN2 thing and exact chipset would not be a problem…any further experience you gathered…thanks a lot

HP Pavilion dv6t Select Edition customizable Notebook PC