Laptop input delay

I’m using a Qosmio X305 laptop. It’s great, except for one thing: input delay. It’s horrible. If, for example, I slide my finger across the touchpad very quickly, I can visibly see the mouse lag behind. If I tap a key on the keyboard fast enough it’ll either not register or register slightly after I take my finger off. It’s not a big enough deal to make normal use a problem, but when playing fighting games online it’s…not good.

Is this normal for laptops?

Take 40$ Get some xbox360 Fightpads.

I have a fightpad. Madcatz SE modded with Sanwa parts. Sticks can’t bypass hardware lag.

Almost every laptop I’ve owned has had keyboard delay to some extent, some worse than others.

http://elitekeyboards.com/products.php

Filco Majestouch is what you need my friend.

On the cheap, I would also consider an ABS M1 keyboard, you can find them on newegg.

my first post was a double post…great haha

I wouldn’t advise buying extra crap until you narrow down the problem, though I guess if you have an extra USB keyboard/mouse, you could try hooking them up for trouble shooting purposes.

Do you have a ton of bloatware running in the background? Anti-virus running maybe?

And no, I wouldn’t say it’s normal unless the laptop is running a bunch of shit it doesn’t have the resources for. I don’t experience such problems on my Dell Studio.

The input lag could also be coming from your monitor. If your laptop has a VGA or HDMI port hook it up to an external monitor that you know has little to no input lag and see if the problem still exists.