"Last Chance" Run In for G-Kon - Fort Worth TX - 9/22/07(repost)

?Last Chance? Run In for G-Kon

Date: Saturday, September 22nd 2007

Venue: The Gaming Center Located at 5519 S. Hulen St. Fort Worth, Tx 76132(the corner of South Dr and Hulen Street in FW.)

Directions:

Fees: There will be a $5 registration fee and a $2 commons fee that will be charged to participants and observers alike. Cash only will be accepted. The commons fee will be enforced regardless if you purchased computer time from The Gaming Center.

The Games: All games listed below will have a $5 entry fee. Prize distribution will be 70/20/10% of the entry fees. Format information will be announced at the tournament.

Confirmed Games:

Yu-Gi-Oh (Advanced Format using current Forbidden/Restricted list)

Third Strike

Capcom vs SNK 2

Marvel vs Capcom 2 (to be played on Dreamcast)

Super Smash Bros. Melee

Time Table of Events

Noon- The Gaming Center will open, casual play will start, Registration for Yu-Gi-Oh will open.

2 pm- Registration for the console games opens, and Yu-Gi-Oh registration closes.

2:30- Yu-Gi-Oh tournament will start. You have five minutes to get to your match, and you forfeit your match if you are more than 10 minutes late.

3:30- Any and all remaining registration will close, and prize money will be calculated.

4pm- The Console tournaments will start with Marvel vs Capcom 2 and Capcom vs SNK 2 to be played on the TVs. The remaining tournaments will be run immediately following these tournaments.

Official time for the tournament will be maintained by the tournament director?s laptop clock.

The Rules

1. There will be people who will not care for your sudden props. Respect them and they will respect you. If you are thrown out of The Gaming Center, you lose any and all entry fees for tournaments left un run at that point.

Yu-Gi-Oh Rules:

1. All standard rules apply as instructed in the current version of the rules and all card errata will be observed.(see the official Yu-Gi-Oh site for details)

2. At either the judge or the tournament director’s insistence, you must present your deck for inspection. There will be random checks conducted throughout the tournament. Failure to present your deck will result in a disqualification.

Consoles rules:

1. Matches will be best of three games.

For more information about G-Kon, visit:
http://www.g-kon.com/

This event needs one copy of MvC2, playable on a unmodded Dreamcast. I’ll wave the registration fee to the first who provides the game.

Update: I do have at least 8-10 heads confirmed that they are thinking about showing up, as of as of last week, maybe more, however, I do not know how many will show up just for the yu-gi-oh tournament or if they want to play the other games. I also have a judge lined up for that tournament.