Legendary Kunoichi: Ibuki Hitbox Thread

ibuki

Well, i’ve went through the videos for Ibuki’s hitboxes and i’ve taken screen shots for all our viewing pleasure. The only thing the videos didn’t have were the two finishers for the spin kicks and her air throw.

From the text file.

NORMALS
Standing
LP
LK
MP
MK
HP
HK1 HK2 HK3

Standing Close
LP
LK
MP
MK
HP
HK1 HK2

Crouching
LP
LK
MP
MK1 MK2
HP
HK

Command Normals
F+LK
B+MP1 B+MP2
B+MK
F+MK1 F+MK2
DF+MK
HP~HP1 HP~HP2 HP~HP3
F+HK

Jumping
LP
LK
MP
MK
HP
HK_1 HK_2 HK_3

Jumping Neutral
LP
LK
MP
MK
HP
HK

SPECIAL MOVES
Raida
LP
MP
HP
EX

Tsuijigoe
Any Version

Spin Kicks
LK1 LK2
MK1 MK2
HK1 HK2
EX1 EX2 EX3 EX4

Hein
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
EX1 EX2 EX3 EX4

Kazegiri
LK1 LK2 LK3 LK4
MK1 MK2 MK3 MK4
HK1 HK2 HK3 HK4
EX1 EX2 EX3 EX4 EX5 EX6 EX7

Command Dash
LK Dash
MK Dash
HK Dash

Kunai
Regular
EX

Neckbreaker
Regular
EX

FOCUS ATTACK
Level 1
Level 2
Level 3

SUPER
Super

ULTRAS
Ultra 1
1 2 3 4 5

Ultra 2
1 2 3 4 5

THROW
Throw Range

Thank you very much!

EDIT: Looked over those initial ones now. But really looking forward to seeing some of the grounded stuff, would be interesting to see the hitboxes of her grounded AA’s and also to see if we are using her pokes in the wrong way. But from this stuff… man some of those jumping attacks look so bad from this. So many attack boxes within the hitboxes! I might just stop using MK to jump in! HP has a sweet looking attack box… shame it takes FOREVER to come out.

What about throws (including air throw?)

Wow, thanks!

I don’t think there was throws, but i’ll check again in the morning.

Edit: Can’t find the air throw.

Hmm… sadly that information didn’t help with the b.mp hit box question I have… still, thanks again for getting this all up! Looks like that df.MK is easily stuffable just by poking…

df+MK is more so used for sliding under things than actually poking. It’s her ultimate fireball killer. What question did u have with b+MP?

Basically it was to do with trying to find a way to reliably get the juggle state off the first hit. I was hoping this hitbox data would maybe shed some more light on whats going on.

Copied and pasted from the testing thread:

"Turns out that back MP has two hits, the first hitting for 30, the next for 60. You must only hit with the first to get the juggle state. Tried for a little while in training mode, and its so inconsistent. Thought strangely it felt like it was maybe happening more when I was buffering the HK command dash motion in.

In any case, seems like its going to be very hard to find the hitbox sweet spot to only get the first one. Two hits is pretty easy to get, as is only getting the second hit. But only the first? Shit just happens ‘randomly’. If you do back medium punch on the ground however, you’ll see that the move has two ‘animations’ to hit as it lands, and that you can reliably get only the first hit off if you do it from distance. However, they are grounded, so that doesn’t mean anything for juggling!

So I’m giving up on getting this one down. Just gonna buffer HK command dash and hope I raida on reaction when I do. If anyone else can find anything else out, please feel free to share!"

Looking again at the hitboxes… maybe the information is here. I think perhaps you need to strike the opponent in that lower right hand corner of the first hitbox to only get the initial strike, as the hitbox for the second one is a lot higher. This is slightly confusing though, because I could have sworn I got the juggle off the tip off her hands…

I’ll throw up every frame for B+MP, it could shed some light.

Ok here we go. Heres every frame up to the first recovery frame, 9 frames in total.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Theres only 3 hitting frames. I would guess that hit one is the lower hitbox that lasts one frame, and hit two is the higher hitbox that lasts for two frames.

This channel has these in motion:

http://www.youtube.com/user/BboyKnoLedge#p/u

For example raida:
http://www.youtube.com/user/BboyKnoLedge#p/u/339/7pbdJu6gwTc

People, I hope you aren’t sleeping on jumping neutral MK.

Been using it like crazy recently, and just come here to check its hitbox. Now I see why its so tasty. DAAAMNN!

Not to nitpick but isn’t it “Kunoichi” with a ‘u’?

wavedashes out of thread

Doing the B+MP late will give you the juggle state. I buffer cmd dash every time I do it. Often I only get the second hit and thus no juggle. But occasionally I get the dash and then I can usually reaction Raida. My execution and reaction aren’t gdlk, so its def something thats very possible. If you want to get even more stylin’ you can do cl.HK and jump cancel into a kunai. That is often harder to do, because you have to do the cl.hk so late it feels like they are already on the floor.

Thanks for this data btw. I’m using it to find good air to air moves (neutral MK is indeed dirty) and standing LK is good as well, but I knew that. It still probably won’t be beating out cr.mk’s, but maybe for an advancing poke character it could work as your hitbox backs up a lot using it. That and buffering a MK right after wouldn’t hurt. Just means that you might get caught not blocking, but I suppose if you are poking then you shouldn’t be thinking about blocking anyway

Do you have one for her air throw?

No, it wasn’t in the videos.

Why isn’t this thread stickied?

Hmm yes this is something I have thought about, the only thing is doing it late means I’m taking risks in terms of getting hit in the face! I’ll bear it in mind though…

Cant you just get a 2 hit b+mp but cmd dash after the first hit? Coulda sworn Ive heard people talking about that

And damn, jn.mk was good and I can see why now. Ive been loving using jn.mk > st.mk xx special :slight_smile:

It’s the same thing. Pressing it late means that their character touches your hit box during the 1st hit’s frames. If you press it early, her b+MP has already extended to the 2nd hit and you can’t cancel into special.

Was there also no data for her close lp? The images here are both her far lp.