Life: The Thread

Remember Planet Earth? Think of Life as a sequel. Comes on tonight on Discovery Channel. Nothing like animals owning shit in HD.

:tup:

Don’t fuck with bullfrogs.

The entire series is already out. The narration is by David Attenburough instead of Oprah in the BBC version.

It’s easily as good as Planet Earth. I think a lot of the close up shots are much better than Planet Earth, but I don’t get the same sense of awe as the original series. They’re different, but equal documentaries.

Time to order the BBC version because OPRAH SHOULD NOT BE NARRATING THESE THINGS!! WHERE IS THE FUCKEN EMOTION?

David Attenburough is by far the best for these things.

man i wish i had an HDTV right now. the BBC versions do have better narration but i’ll be happy as long as they don’t cut out a whole episode like they did with the american version of planet earth.

Exactly…

Morgan Freeman would have been perfect. Instead I have to listen to Oprah run her fat mouth.

lol hate of oprah AND fat people in the same post, LOVE. IT.

i thought we were going to be talking about the game

http://www.popular.com.sg/images/product/stationery/59214.jpg

I caught the American verson today yesterday and they fucking ruined it.

Oprah has no clue what she is doing as a narrator. She just randomly puts emphasis on single words and speaks in a monotone the rest of the time. If they needed an American they should have used Mike Rowe.

The sequence I watched was the stalk eyed fly sequence in “Challenges of Life”. They completely changed this sequence. In the BBC version there is no music, only woodland sounds, and David Attenburough describes the scene with reverence and charm.

In the American version Oprah makes jokes about which flies are the most “well endowed” and happy music plays in the background. Ugh.

Silly Mega. It was made in America. How could it possibly be inferior?

There are plants that eat rodents and birds…