Liking the SSF4 characters<Also New to SRK>

So I have just started playing recently (last 2-3 weeks) because my brother is real into this game and I seem to have caught the bug as well.

The problem is that because I am a noob I am not very talented. Also I don’t really want to main anyone in the current cast.

After seeing the SSF4 gameplay videos i definitely want to try my hand at either Ibuki(favorite) or Cody

My brother has advised that i just work on my execution which is getting better in training mode but I want to know if there is anyone i should play with to prepare myself for these characters (I have third strike and alpha 3 on my computer if that helps) or if it is just better to learn the basics of the game and then worry about this.

-Thanks in advance

For Ibuki you need to use Viper. I’m not sure about Cody.

You can play Cody on A3. I don’t know much about Ibuki but she seems to have a bit in common with Viper, so you might wanna try your hand at her as Sensei Rouzu said. However, Viper’s one of the more execution heavy characters in SFIV. You can play her “superficially”, but then you’ll never realize her true potential. I suppose the same can be said for Ibuki. IMO, you should try Cody out first.

I honestly dont believe that anyone has natural born talent at anything(unless you count as one of those autistic savants) the amount of time you put into something is what you get back out…

I wouldn’t suggest playing another game just to prepare yourself for a character because the ssf4 iteration might be completely different… if you are genuinely interested in playing third strike or alpha 3 go for it, its okay to play more than one game.

Thanks for the answers guys. i have been working on my execution in 3S because i hear its harder that SF4 (no shortcuts or something?)

I’ve also heard (from watching the justin wong ibuki demos) that she has a vortex. could anyone explain to me what that means?

I haven’t had too much time with cody yet, even in alpha 3, so i dont understand his play style at all he just seems BAMF.

Thanks Again.

Thanks for the answers guys. i have been working on my execution in 3S because i hear its harder that SF4 (no shortcuts or something?)

I’ve also heard (from watching the justin wong ibuki demos) that she has a vortex. could anyone explain to me what that means?

I haven’t had too much time with cody yet, even in alpha 3, so i dont understand his play style at all he just seems BAMF.

Thanks Again.

Don’t Change you for your character, change your character for you.

Also, get out of training mode. Getting a good combo from Training mode to a actual fight is almost impossible

Vortex is a whole wake-up mix-up mind-set. Like Turtle and Rushdown. Visit the Akuma Thread

A Vortex means that the character has a strong mixup game on wake up that forces the opponent to guess right or get knocked down again. In SFIV the most notorious Vortex is Akuma’s; however, other characters such as Zangief have good Vortex’s aswell.

[media=youtube]vTJ5srcjWiA"[/media]