Limited time to practice and play - how should I use it?

I don’t have as much free time as I’d like to play Street Fighter (amongst other fighting games), I want to get better and I want to maximise the benefit I get from what limited time I have, so do any of you guys have any suggestions how best I do this?

What I currently do is this: let’s say I have an hour, I will try to divide it equally between the training room and online play, so I will aim for about half an hour in each. Though I should maybe spend more time in the training room and maybe some more time against the computer for footsies and basics (yes, I’m that bad).

In the training room, I know half an hour is really, really little. An hour would be better, but probably still not enough. I go over the basics, bnb combos - 10 each side, punishes, figuring out the spacing/timing for certain moves/how to counter certain moves, etc.

So, am I using my time as best as I could be? Does anyone have any better suggestions? What about how much time in the training room and online? What is the best-least amount I should spend? Lol, I sound like such a slacker. But to try and defend myself, I do have a full-time job and a woman in my life. Maybe I need to get rid of one… lol.

Try focusing on one thing at a time until you have it down, then move on. It gets boring but you’ll see improvement much faster that way. A solid half hour of execution practice really is enough as long as you’re consistent every day.

if you can get away with it, wake up 20 minutes earlier in the morning and do training room while eating breakfast :slight_smile:

Lol, that sounds awesome. I’m considering it, but there’s two things holding me back:

1. I already have to get up at 4am, lol.

2. This is the deal breaker: the noise of my stick would (and has) woken her up before and irritates the hell out of her. God I need a silent stick… but I love the sound it makes too! If only you could turn it on and off.