Little Problem Post HRAP EX Mod

So I just finished modding my HRAP EX with custom art and buttons, I reattached everything as it was prior to me modding it, and now, the DOWN function of the joystick isn’t working. All the buttons are registering, everything is hooked up correctly as I have opened it up and double checked. The only thing I am unsure about is the 2 circle clamps running out of the USB cord in the back of the stick. From the little I have researched about it, it seems as though these are to ground the electrical current, and I think might have something to do with my problem, but am really not sure at all.

Has anyone had this problem in the past, and if so, how do you fix it? If not, does anyone knowledgeable on the subject have any ideas? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

So after some troubleshooting, I figured out my problem. The change I made was from an 8 button layout to a 6 button layout. The XBOX360 seems to freak out when no buttons are connected to the last 2 quick disconnects. When I attached buttons, it worked. Now my only question is, is there a way to have a 6 button layout without the last 2 buttons connected without the 360 wanting to freak out? Do I need to cut the QD’s off of the 4 wires? Again, any info would be great.

That should not be the problem.
It seems to me the the problem would be shorting.

You had the bare Quick Disconnects just dangling and touching Metal Panel and stuff?
Were not insulated and protected?

I had them taped to the bottom of the plastic casing so they would stay away from the other wires and things inside the stick. They were touching each other…could that have been the problem?

Yes. Don’t let them touch each other or anything else. If you separately wrap them in electrical tape, you’ll be fine.

Yes.

Yep that seems to have fixed it, thanks for the info guys. I feel like an idiot, but I’m just glad it wasn’t a major issue, thanks again.