LK Hurricane Kick -> Reset -> Raging Demon

akuma

Has anyone ever tried it? I’ve been thinking if it’d work .
Like:
d.mk -> lk hurricane -> front lp , lp , front , lk , hp …
Or even
d.mk -> lk hurricane -> front lp , lp , front(hold) mp, lk , hp for a kara R.D …
Can anyone confirm if it is possible ?

Thanks .

Yes it’s possible, but timing it like that usualy causes you to miss. I find it better if you do it like c.mk, qcb+lk, lp (reset), lp, lp, forward, lk, hp. It seems to be the correct timing, works every time I do it that way. If you kara I’m almost sure you’ll miss, though I’m not fully positive. I’m guessing the frame advancement wont help it, not that you really need if for that set up anyways.

its still real tough timing. Opponents can jump out a lot of times. Honestly… i dont think its worth it. save the meter for a better setup or a regular super

Also, try using fierce as the reset. see if that helps

So they can jump out of it? This is something I’ve wanted to know.

“Opponents can jump out a lot of times”

This is what I was afraid of :confused:

Thank you guys .

If you’re ever able to start the demon from THAT close, unless they were holding up as soon as they landed, you will probably land it until they get used to it. At that range, if you tried to crouch block(the opponent) and THEN they tried to jump away, more than likely the demon would catch them because of the extra frames.

a normal person would press up as soon as they see the demon freeze. that should be tnough

edit- let me put it this way. If it were that simple, there would be no daigo/jwong videos, ko owning up with yun, etc. etc. etc. It would all be hey who gets the low hurricane into a combo first ok done demon. It would be way too broken

I don’t agree .
I see the Raging Demon as a finish option , cause the 2 bars make a huge difference in the beggining/middle of the round . This is a very hard combo to try , and as Demon Dash said “timing it like that usualy causes you to miss.” . Having it to work would not make Akuma top tier , or make the game broken . It’s a high risk attempt .

–Edit–
IMO

making it easy would make it broken. its not easy (but is possible) and thus it already is a high risk attempt (most times missing) and not broken.

We both said the same thing :wonder:

oh i thought there was a misunderstanding earlier when you said “i do not agree.” nm.

If it was easy to do , it would be broken .
That’s what I meant .
(This will lead us nowhere lol)

which is what makes it fun

Why not D+mk xx lk HK jab (reset) dash demon?

If you’re going to do a reset, why not do something relatively useful, like SAI or KKZ?

Because the Ragin’ is always best.

–tsukaihatasu

What’s up Dave?! How’s law school?

On to business:

No reset connects, so a potentially better Raging attempt would be:

short hk>ANY>mk DFlip>Dive Kick>Ragin

the demon flip dive kick will take you over their head, and the sudden change of direction will cause them to panic by block or attack which will come too late to save them because of proximity. This is the very heart of unsafe, but why even use RD if you want safety? I do this frequently, and it works, but cancelling RD directly from dive with no intermediate attacks is FKG hard.

–tsukaihatasu
(L from BCade)

Akuma has several different ways to snatch people to hell. I alone have master 3 outta 5 ways to get people.

If you interested then try this difficult one:wgrin:
start from Half screen away and if your enemy is coming at you

jump towards D+mk, f,d,df+ HK+HK in mid air (if you succefully jumped over enemy) before you land with the kick perform the Shun-goku-satsu.

I wish I had a video fed to show everybody but if the above work your enemy will try to rush and low clip you but fail cause they’ll be left open for the kill.

1 of the best reset I was taught was if someone jumps and you hit them with a mid-air hurricane kick (Mk) hit them with a FP to reset them. Quickly perform hell murder and they can’t get away (especially in the corner).

If you want my other ones PM me cause there not for the board!!!

i may be misunderstanding these… so let me see.

the first one is basically a divekick, then a roundhouse demon flip to go to the other side, and then a demon?

2nd one is an aerial hurricane kick… standing fierce, demon? these seem pretty iffy.

oh and i completely agree with tsu- a lot of the demon stuff here is maddd unsafe (anyone with a little knowledge will know what to do) but yeah, why demon if you want to be safe?

just incase people try to do this to you though. if someone demon flips in your face or over you… shoooryuuuuken. One of the main reasons i dont use demon flips after resets anymore. ok well i still do, but im just a lot more careful about it now.
Remember the other demon stuff guys! Blocked sweep into demon, cross over demon, divekick-in-front-of-your-face-but-whiff demon, short hurricane kick, fierce, short hurricane kick, demon (2nd short hurricane will whiff, and ofcourse the dash and kara dash demons. There are a lot of other ways, but these are a few of the best.

[quote=l337v1n337]
i may be misunderstanding these… so let me see.

the first one is basically a divekick, then a roundhouse demon flip to go to the other side, and then a demon?

2nd one is an aerial hurricane kick… standing fierce, demon? these seem pretty iffy.

oh and i completely agree with tsu- a lot of the demon stuff here is maddd unsafe (anyone with a little knowledge will know what to do) but yeah, why demon if you want to be safe?

when you try it, it will look wierd at first but if you master it, u can throw off so many people that it will left them defensless. Also if you don’t want to demon when they bait SA1 will get them clean.

Yes cause it will reset them after the standing FP, kidda like a 3 or 3 hit juggle and your oppoinet will have to land before they can react but it will be too late cause you already started the frame for the shun-goku-satus. I did it training mode and it works.