"Lookin for some alpha3 learnin."

I’m attempting to pick up an old favorite of mine, alpha 3. thing is, I kno no specifics (normal properties matchups, etc) about the game because my exp is very low. I’m attempting to learn either ryu or sakura and I need some advice on matchups, defense, and offense. Starting w/ A sak. I know one good combo is croiss up lklklk spk.

I’d probably tell you that you can play on GGPO for starters so you can play other players besides CPU.

Secondly, learn how to play V-ISM Sakura and set-ups for her V-ISM combo loop. You can check that out HERE

Sakura has some of the best set ups for her V-ISM juggles, learn how to trap your opponent in them. Sakura also has the best normal moves in the game. Her standing Roundhouse (s.HK) is very fast, can do a decent amount of damage, has very good range, and good frames. c.MP is also a good poke for Sakura. Sakura’s Hadouken is also good. Her charged Hadouken can do pretty good damage, and you can do some decent amount of zoning with her Hadouken. Also learn some of her basic BnBs like cross-up j.MK > c.LP > HP Shouken or a basic c.MP > Tatsu.

Starting out on A-ISM is a good start. Learn how to play her efficiently, and then learn more of the advance stuff with Sakura, like V-ISM juggles, later on once you can get used to her.

In my opinion, she has a hard time getting in against Dalshim and Akuma/Gouki.

Hope this helps a little.

TNB- what other games do you play?

…Why did you bother to rate this? Why does it matter? How did you do that- not being a premium? Why didn’t you send that as a pm?

Quick question on this topic. On GGPO it says I need a certain save state to play online. Can someone help me out with this/PM me a link to it?

Also who’s a good character to learn for someone that likes rush downs and mixups? I’m thinking Guy.

Quick question on this topic. On GGPO it says I need a certain save state to play online. Can someone help me out with this/PM me a link to it?

Also who’s a good character to learn for someone that likes rush downs and mixups? I’m thinking Guy.

http://ggpo.net/ss/sfa3_ggpo.fs

Put that in the Save state folder in your GGPO directory.

I didn’t / It doesn’t, really / You don’t have to be / I wouldn’t be the one to ask.

What are some of the other Capcom fighting games you play? The ones you have the experience with.

3s, ST, hf ann edition.

@ everyone: what are some of her bnbs?

A2 is a better game

This question was asked after getting my butt handed to me by a Japanese player on ggpo. Heck I haven’t played console cpu in a while either.

Hey guess what? Obvious troll/bait is obvious.
A2 is good yeah. But if you wanna complain, troll, whatever, keep it to yourself.

A3 is such a great game IMO, it is probably one of the funnest fighters I have ever played, yet, if you are American it is nearly impossible to find offline competition for the game. I have never even heard of a local community of A3 players still active in 2010 for the game. Don’t let that stop you though, people who are passionate for their game no matter what deserve all the respect in the world.

I would say, learn A-sak until you get her moves and basic combos ready, then switch to V-ism and practice a midscreen anti-air VC until you have that down, then corner sho sho sho. Also learn a good guard break VC too.

I have no idea why SFIV doesn’t have a guard bar or guard crushes at all. =/

um… yeah… uh I was asking if anyone knew her bnbs in asim.
Everyone is like “learn her aism cobos, then learn vism, kkthnxbye!!XD XD” I already know that, I’d like to know some combos that people know. I can’t go practice on a3 right now, so I’d like something that I can just write down, please. If not, it’s gamefaqs time.

EDIT:
Well, here are “teh g@m3f@kkz” combos. They look pretty dumb, espec since c hp>sho oh ken is somehow “competition level”. I don’t really think this author knew what he was doing here.

[Beginner-level Combos]

(1) crouching LK (repeated) [4 hits]
(2) jump MK, crouching HK [2 hits]*
(3) close standing HP + Hadoken [2 hits]
(4) standing LK + Sho-Oh-Ken [7 hits]*****
(5) crouch MP + Hadoken [2 hits]*****

[Competition-level Combos]

(1) standing HP + Sho-Oh-Ken [7 hits]***
(2) crouching HP + ShunPuuKyaku © [4 hits]***
(3) jump MK, crouching HP + SUPER SPIN-O-MATIC(3) [9 hits]*****
(4) crouch LK (twice), stand LK + Sho-Oh-Ken [9 hits]
(5) crouch LK (twice), stand LK + SHINKUU HADOKEN(3) [8 hits]**
(6) jump HP, stand HP + ShunPuuKyaku(LK) [3 hits]***
(7) jump HP, stand HP + SHINKUU HADOKEN(3) [7 hits]***

[Illustrious Combos]

(1) cross-up MK, crouching HP + Sho-Oh-Ken [8 hits]****
(2) jump HP, crouching HP + SHORYU-SAKURA(3) [9 hits]***
(3) jump LK (from almost end of screen!), stand HP [2 hits]*****
(4) cross-up MK, stand LP, crouch LK, stand LK + SHINKUU-HADOKEN(3)

yup, pretty dumb. Damaging but no chance to hit confirm, against v ism this would be painful.