Looking for a Street Fighter "sensei" of sorts

Ok, here’s the deal. I love me some Street Fighter, but the thing is…well…

I SUCK AT IT :frowning:

I was hoping if someone with Kaillera/ SFII on XBLA or something could help me out and make me somewhat decent before SF IV comes out.

Also, I’m good at Soul Calibur (no, I don’t button mash or whatever) and competitive Smash Bros and my SF main is Ryu.

Can anyone help me out?

(@ mods: If this is in the wrong place, would you put it in the right place? Thanks)

This would be the right place http://www.rexkwondo.com/

(This message was deleted at the request of Miller483.)

In all seriousness, there’s plenty of guides and videos out there for learning certain things about fighting games. You can even watch match videos and see what people are doing that way.

It was just a joke. Don’t be so uptight about it.

I’m sure since you’ve been around since December you know of all our sections in here. I’ll move your thread to the online sections since you’re looking for net-comp to build you up. Just understand that if you go in guns blazing you may get disappointed.

just play, lose,learn.play,lose,learn,play, lose,learn.play,lose,learn,play, lose,learn.play,lose,learn,play, lose,learn.play,lose,learn,play, lose,learn.play,lose,learn,play, lose,learn.play,lose,learn,play, lose,learn.play,lose,learn,play, lose,learn.play,lose,learn,play, lose,learn.play,lose,learn, play, WIN!!!

thats just me tho… i still remember my scrub days now im above average or so i think…lol just play ppl and ask question they’re not all ass holes,

i have street fighter hyper fighting on xbla but im rarely on xbl just add me and if we play on there with voice chat i guess i can take you back to school with it , gotta learn with the basics

Basically.

You lose, alot.

Some time down the round; something will snap in your head; and you’ll change up your style.

Then you’ll beat certain people; but still lose alot, and basically the snap in your head thing repeats…so basically what mugen said.

Ill help you, as long as you have ggpo, hit my up via pm.

oh yeah im on 2df if u can get that running holla at me

i dont like 2df, Ill be teaching Alpha 2 and some ST both run better on ggpo. Holla at me.

sf3 3s runs great on 2df compare it to kalliera which i use to play on

I dont do 3s, that game is a whole different animal.

Get GGPO and I could teach you a thing or two about ST but i’m sure RagingStormX can teach you alot more considering he use to play against JSJ alot.

HAHA YEAH I FEEL U, i was just playing a3 lastnight again and looks like 3s deprived me of my skills from that, i was better than the average on a3 now i suck lol

Well, I got my hands on GGPO, and I’ve been getting my ass kicked in ST. -_-

I got most of the basics down, but now I have a few questions:

1. How do you do a Cross-Up?

2. Just how strict is the timing for a reversal wake up move?

3. How do you beat Fei Long? It seems that all of his moves out prioritize mine and it’s really frustrating.

I use Ryu and Sagat BTW.

1. It varies from character to character on which move you can cross-up with. It also depends on distance on a character to character basis.

2.Really strict, i’m going to go on a limb here and say ST has one of the strictest reversal timings in any Capcom game.

1. Just zone him, when he jumps at you hit him with a DP. This shouldnt be a hard match for Ryu and Sagat.

Also what version of Sagat are you using btw? Whats your GGPO handle?

Thanks for the advice.

I use N. Sagat. My GGPO handle is miller483.

if you use ryu and sagat it should be easy to beat fei long. just simply zone. but it depends how smart and good the fei long player is.

To cross up use forward(Medium Kick) while jumping over your opponent.

Wake ups are very strict in ST for instance sagat and ryu you only got 2 frames to dragon punch or tiger uppercut. it takes to time to master but you will get there:wgrin:

Thanks for all the help guys! :slight_smile:

I have a few more questions:

1. Just how big of an advantage do stick users have over pad users?
  2. All this losing is getting me discouraged. :frowning: Should I just stick with it until I get good?

1. just really depends but when i switch from pad to joystick it was alot easier to play with and executes my moves
  2. yes keep losing, losing is the road to victory . lol oxymoron but yeah lean analyze and stuff not sure if ggpo have it but watch ur own replays and see how u do and what u can do better.