Looking for Advice on Ebooks

This topic looks SOOO out of place on this forum, but alas it isn the correct place. I’m looking for advice on purchasing an Ebook. I’ve never looked into them before so I don’t know what features I should be looking for or even who the leading manufacturers are. I did a preliminary search and learned a bit, but I thought it would be better to get the experience of some people who may know about them first hand.

I really just want something basic. I want to be able to download .pdf files, read them turn pages and maybe do some highlights or take notes. I don’t need wifi connectivity or even an MP3 player.

One thing that does concern me is possilble piracy lockouts. i do plan on trying to hutn down texts via ebook, and I don’t want to have to deal with anti-piracy issues. Also is there a hacker community involved with these things? What kind of bonus features can I look forward to with hacked firmware?

google is your friend. http://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/E-book_Reader_Matrix

i would chose one of the sonys or the kindle2. the sonys support pdf natively, i believe for kindle you have to convert it. these two companies have the largest collection of books available for purchase. they both support a lot of open formats as well as their respective drm stuff.

as far as your last questions, those can’t really be discussed here.