Looking for an octoganal gate for my T.E

I’ve never modded my stick or any other stick for that matter so im completely new to this but I’m mechanically inclined enough to attempt this. I have no idea what is, or isn’t compatible with my T.E. stick could anyone give me a link ? Thanks in advance

Actually I think the stick itself is about half an inch too short for my liking, can the stick itself be adjusted? Or would I have to buy another stick? Anyone have any recommendations? thanks in advance

Wait a minute…why do you want to mod your stick with an octoganal gate if you dont know what it is?

This is the octoganal gate:
http://www.lizardlickamusements.com/images/for_sale/joysticks/sanwa_gty.jpg

This particular one should be compatible with the TE stick. The stock gate in the TE stick is a square, which is why you feel corners when moving the stick around. This gate makes it so that it is more round. Watch this vid for an example:

[media=youtube]ILkn4xSQ4mc[/media]

As for a longer stick, I think you need to get a new one. Not sure which sticks are longer that can be used as a drop-in replacement for the TE

whoops double post

Ev1L,

The LS-32 shaft is actually shorter than the JLF. It just seems to be about the same height because of the way its S-shaped mounting plate screws onto the joystick mounting bracket on the lower surface of the TE faceplate.

LS-32-01 is the only stick besides the JLF that stock-fits into the TE casing. The TE was designed to accept LS-32-01’s and JLFs with no mods… An LS-56-01 MIGHT fit within the mounting bracket with the right mounting plate but ask around on the forum or wait until someone else posts to be sure.

I don’t think other Sanwa joysticks will fit in the TE casing but other Seimitsus (besides LS-32-01 and probably LS-56-01) might with the right mounting plates. The problem with these other sticks is that they might actually be shorter than the JLF or LS-32. I also don’t think from general reading of FAQs that they’re as high quality, either. People usually fiddle with other sticks to mix and match parts or get a stick they hope has a higher-tension spring (re: LS-56) than the JLF or LS-32…

Again, most people stick to JLF’s or LS-32-01’s because the TE base was designed to accept those components with no mods.

Happ/iL sticks won’t fit within the TE casing because they’re too big for it. I’m not sure about Korean or other European (Suzo) joystick designs and frankly am not inclined to experiment in those directions since I’m perfectly happy with Japanese parts…

If you think the stock JLF stick is too short you could perhaps try a 45mm ball handle (Seimitsu or Sanwa makes these) or get a bat handle with adapter. If you go too far in modifying the joystick exterior you might not like it that much. I’d try to get used to the thing… Give it time – at least two weeks before you give up and try a mod. Granted, the larger 45mm ball handle and bat won’t do much for stick height but they give alternate ways for handling the stick if stock condition doesn’t do much for you. Frankly, I never had a problem with the stick height. What bugged me most was either the ball handle color or the stock tension. Both were pretty easy to take care of.

Thanks for your input, I’m a shoto player that’s the reason I want an octagonal gate. I’ve owned my t.e. stick for a while now but it just sits there because I’m not comfterble with it, but like the sticks at my local arcade alot better, which are 8gate, and about half an inch longer.

For Seimitsu LS-32, replace default RE Mounting Plate with SS Mounting Plate.
For Seimitsu LS-32-01, use default SS Mounting plate.

For Seimitsu LS-40, replace default RE Mounting Plate with SS Mounting Plate.
For Seimitsu LS-40-01, replace default RE Mounting Plate with SS Mounting Plate.

For Seimitsu LS-33, use default MS Mounting Plate.

For Seimitsu LS-55, use default MS Mounting Plate.
For Seimitsu LS-55-01, use default MS Mounting Plate.

For Seimitsu LS-56, replace default VF Mounting Plate with MS Mounting Plate.
For Seimitsu LS-56-01, replace default VF Mounting Plate with MS Mounting Plate.

But with these Joysticks mounted, not all of them will have correct (23-24mm) or same height.

Seimitsu LS-32(-01) with SS Mounting Plate will be 0.5mm higher than mounted Sanwa JLF.
This be really short if mount with RE Mounting Plate.

Seimitsu LS-40(-01) with SS Mounting Plate will be 2mm higher than mounted Sanwa JLF.
This be really short if mount with RE Mounting Plate.

Seimitsu LS-33 will be 6.5mm shorter than mounted Sanwa JLF.
This be really short if mounted.

Seimitsu LS-55(-01) will be 1.5mm higher than mounted Sanwa JLF.

Seimitsu LS-56(-01) with MS Mounting Plate will be 0.5mm shorter than mounted Sanwa JLF.

You think JLF Shaft too short?
Get an Extended Shaft.
http://www.arcadeshop.de/Sanwa-Joysticks-Shaft-Extender-JLF-TP_854.html?osCsid=8e859eae2f586019b3cb60dac8d2f432

Or get a Shaft Extender from laugh.
Check it out.
Pretty cool.
http://www.shoryuken.com/showthread.php?t=218122&p=8063160&viewfull=1#post8063160

get a bat head with adapter along with the octo gate, i did this for my MvC TE. im not much of a shoto player but i play abel and gief alot not to mention the charge characters i main it makes it easier to know where your blocking high or low

Can you post pics of your stick? I’m thinking of buying a mvc2 stick and keeping it normal, and possibly putting a bathead adapter with an octogate on my T.E. stick…how difficult was it to install the octogate?

which octo gat fits for the se and can i remove the screws with a regular screwdriver in order to mod.

http://www.shoryuken.com/showthread.php?t=227798&p=8486372&viewfull=1#post8486372

read my post :smiley:

Laugh also put up the shaft extender on his etokki.com site

http://www.etokki.com/MiscParts