Looking to find someone to mod an arcade stick

Hey all,

New to these forums, but I am not exactly new to arcade sticks. So I had a Madcatz TE stick for the PS3 and I got an octagonal gate for it. It was super easy to get put in and I had no issues with it. Flash forward to the release of Street Fighter V; I was told the older sticks would work, long story short, they don’t and it would constantly disconnect from the system to the point of it being unplayable. It was pretty much time to get a new stick. I went with a Hori RAP 4 Kai. I was under the impression that I can put in the gate as easily as it would be in the Madcatz….I am sure you more experienced guys are already laughing to yourselves after hearing me say that…

Yeah, to get an octagonal gate put in, I would need to drill holes into the gate itself. Not only am I all thumbs when it comes to stuff like that, I also have very bad vision…so…yeah. I would like to know if there are any folks for hire out there that would be able to put the gate in for me. If anyone could point me in the right direction of someone like that that offers services like that, I would be much obliged.

You can check here…

Couple other options for you:

*Pick up one of these: http://www.focusattack.com/kowal-hayabusa-octopus-octagonal-restrictor-plate/
I haven’t used them, and they seem to be selling out pretty quickly, so you might want to sign up for an email alert. The guy who operates the website apparently cuts them in house, so hopefully you won’t have to wait all that long.
*If you still have your TE, you can move the actual joystick over. The outline of what you’d be doing is opening up the case, disconnecting the wiring harness from the side of the joystick (it pulls off, no tools), removing the ball/bat from the top (hold the stick in place using a flathead screwdriver on the bottom, and you can unscrew the ball/bat), and unscrewing four Phillips-head screws that hold the mounting plate to the case. The stick and plate come out as one piece, you repeat the process on the Hori, and you’re all set! If you have specific questions, boogie on down to our Tech Talk forum and ask a question in this pinned thread.

Either of those is probably better than having a gate modded. If you don’t need both sticks to be up and running or could deal with having your PS3 stick not being octo, try the stick swap. it’s a nice and easy task and you’re already used to the feel of your old one so that’s presumably a plus for you.

parksonian, thank you for your help. After waiting a bit, I was able to buy that restricter plate from the link you provided. This was a major help. Thank you so much.