Loose Neutrik NE8FDP Connection?

Hi guys. I recently bought a Neutrik NE8FDP for use on a fightstick and it just arrived. I decided to test it straight away before putting it in a case by connecting the ethernet cable I use for internet to it and then running another cable from the neutrik to my laptop. The result was that the “inner” connection seems to be really loose. It works if I carefully plug the cable into the inner RJ45 port of the Neutrik, but it’s really easy to break the connection just by moving the cable around. The outside connector does not have this problem. Am I missing a step here, or did I just get a bad connector?

IMO Neutrik RJ45 jacks are best used with the various NE8MC boots.

I thought those boots were for the outside connector. The ones going from the stick to the console. In my case the inner port (the one inside the case) is loose. I don’t even have to press on the release tab to remove the cable. Will an NE8MC will help me with that?

<span style=“font-family: ‘lucida grande’, ‘Lucida Sans Unicode’, tahoma, sans-serif; line-height: 1.7em;”>The boot would be for the outer connection yes, not the inner one that leads from the Neutrik to your PCB.<br></span><span style=“font-family: ‘lucida grande’, ‘Lucida Sans Unicode’, tahoma, sans-serif; line-height: 1.7em;”><br>Have you tried a different cable to make sure it’s not a cable issue? For instance the tab on the cable could be loose and not providing enough tension to stick in the rj45 jack.</span><br>

Yes, I tried a several different cables. They all had the same problems fitting in the inner RJ45 port. The same cables had no problems when connected to the outside one.<br>