Lucky's May Tournament - 05.09.2009 - Greensboro, NC: SF4/3S/GGAC Singles and Teams!

Lucky’s
3929 High Point Rd
Greensboro, NC, 27407
336-834-4644
Lucky’s on Google Maps

Saturday, May 9th, 2009

Venue Fee: $5

Registration begins at 12:00pm and ends at 1:00pm.

==================================================

SINGLES TOURNAMENTS

[$10] [Double Elimination] [Finals 3/5] [Grand Finals 4/7] [70/20/10]
Street Fighter IV (PS3)
Street Fighter III: Third Strike
Guilty Gear Accent Core

TEAM TOURNAMENTS

[$10 per Team] [Double Elimination] [70/20/10]
Street Fighter IV Teams 2v2

[$2/person] [Single Elimination] [Random Teams/Seeded Anchor] [Winner Take All]
Street Fighter III: Third Strike
Guilty Gear Accent Core

==================================================

The venue fee will be waived again for the first three people through the door with PS3s and SF4 with all characters. If someone wants to try to run an Arcana Heart 2 tournament, I will definitely provide a spot, we’ll just have to run it early.

HYPE

Is Gill allowed in Random Teams/Seeded Anchor this time? If so then I’m 100% sure that I will be at this one

:sad::sad::sad::sad::sad::sad::sad::sad::sad::sad::sad::sad::sad::sad::sad::sad::sad::sad::sad::sad::sad::sad::sad::sad::sad: I’ll be there…:sad::sad::sad::sad::sad::sad::sad::sad: Can’t say the same for Arcana Heart 2.:sad:

I think it’s safe to say that AH2 is practically unplayable and by no means tournament viable. With that said I guess I’ll be running a AHF tournament if people are intersted.

Arcana Heart FULL! Tournament :sad:
Double Elim, 2/3 (3/5 Winner, Loser, and Grand Finals)
$2 Dollar Entry Fee (2nd place wins entry fee, 1st place takes the pot)
No Vanilla Arcana Heart characters allowed. FULL! only
Loser may change characters/arcana. Winner can not change characters BUT can change Arcana.
Start time: If the schedule’s anything like last time we will start after GG/3S but BEFORE SF4.

Again, as much as I would LOVE to run a AH2 tournament it’s not gonna happen unless by some miracle someone brings a PC/Laptop strong enough to run the PS2 emulator. I’m pretty sure the AH players here would NOT want to play in a tournament where you have to worry about slowdowns randomly and in the case we have Brent playing Petra or someone playing Catherine it’s literally impossible to have a legit match. So unless Matt, Brent, Jon, Myself, or anyone who feels masochistic enough to run a tournament…it’s not gonna happen. :shake:

Yesssssssssssss

AH2 wasn’t meant to run on 9 year old hardware.

I wont be there becuase im graduating!!! Ill catch the next one

whaaaaaaaaaaaaaat? lol

Winners could always change Arcanas, iirc.

Well in that case then I’ll change that.

For the purpose of hype, anyone want to run a first to 5 SF4 match with me? Let’s get it going and get some sidebets. Any takers?

Also, I’ll do my best to run the 3S and GG stuff a lot earlier this time.

Any chance we could run a side KOF 2002 UM tournament this one time?

I know the game won’t stick around here because it isn’t Animu nor does it have parries, but if we can have at least ONE tournament for Sengoku Basara X then we can have at least one for KOF 2002 Mugen Remix.

I need to get one of those again. My wife wants to take a trip to NC get away and leave our kid with my parents and go out and do something and oddly enough going to a tourney is cool with her haha.

I’ll try my damnedest to be there.

No. Gill has not, nor will he ever be allowed. What in fuck’s sake would make you even ask this?

^^^^
I guess because the ban off Seth and Gouken were lifted in Street Fighter IV he thinks the same. But Gill is way too cheap; he has way to many “free” setups and combos. And his supers, don’t even get me started.

Anyhow, Cajun great job on putting together a consistent tournament for the scene. If everything works out right I think I’ll be making a trip out to your tournament as well. Also be weary about running AR2. That port is so, so, crappy from what I’ve heard. It’s not tournament quality by any means. There’s tons of lag, slow down, etc. Hope to see you guys soon though!

man i will try to make it alex but i just lost my job over some bs so i might not have the funds. Ill see what i can do though.

I’ll be at this for sure. I did good last time but this time I plan to take the rape to SF4 as well.

Till then, it’s level up time!

Sorry Sam, if i make it to this Fei is in trouble.

sounds dope… i’ll try my best to make it.

I “played” AH2 for the first time last night. Don’t have to worry about me doing anything with Petra. Her normals don’t even make sound effects half the time. The game isn’t playable overall on the PS2, as much as I hate that.

I had been thinking of trying 2k2 out since I won’t have a new game to play for a while.

:wonder::wonder::wonder:

Why the hell not.