Lucky's No Notice Oct. Tournament- Greensboro, NC - 10/10/09 - SF4|MB|BB|KOF|AC|3S

Come and get that last minute practice for Seasons Beatings!

Lucky’s
3929 High Point Rd
Greensboro, NC, 27407
336-834-4644
Lucky’s on Google Maps

Saturday, October 10th, 2009

Venue Fee: $5

Registration begins at 12:00pm and ends at 1:00pm.

The first 4 to post and confirm that they will be in attendance with a PS3 with SFIV and BB will have their venue fee waived.

All games played on CRTs. BB may be played on HD monitor if someone brings a setup.

==================================================

Street Fighter 4
entry fee: $10
game version: ps3
game settings: versus mode, 99 seconds
2/3 rounds, 2/3 games, double elimination
winners/losers finals: 3/5, grand finals: 4/7

BlazBlue
entry fee: $10
unlimited characters banned, easy specials banned

Melty Blood Actress Again
entry fee: $5
game version: ps2
original mode setting
winner allowed to change moon phase
unlockable characters allowed but Type-Earth is banned

King of Fighters XII
entry fee: $5
simple mode banned
game settings: versus mode, 60 seconds
3v3, 2/3 games, SINGLE ELIMINATION
winners final: 3/5

Street Fighter 3: Third Strike
entry fee: $5, pot split 80/20
winners/losers finals: 2/3, grand finals: 3/5

Guilty Gear Accent Core
entry fee: $5, pot split 80/20
winners/losers finals: 2/3, grand finals: 3/5

==================================================

Tekken 5: Dark Resurrection will be on a dedicated station for most of the tournament as long as the Tekken heads come out. This seems to have a lot of interest around here so this should be a good start to when T6 drops a few weeks after. You guys are welcome to run a tournament if you like; I’ll get you some brackets but everything else is up to whoever decides to set it up.

Due to time constraints (and it being the longest game ever), KOFXII will be single elimination this time.

If you guys can bring a couple legit US GGAC copies (no AC+) it will be much appreciated.

PS3 confirmation list (if someone doesn’t show, the next person on the list will get the venue fee waived):

1. Brent
  2. Brandometry

See everyone in 2 weeks. Good shit good shit.

Haha, this is plenty of notice man. Two weeks, good enough, people can know what’s up and make plans and request off in that amount of time.

I’ll bring some GG. Also same deal as last time on the PS3.

I want SF4 casuals this time! You guys need to start learning the Rose match, cause she’s getting some bullshit in the next game, I guarantee it.

Darn. If this was the week after SB4, I would go. Already have this day planned for going to yard sales… :wonder:

Well if all goes according to plan, this will be my first tourney…But i’m in there!

I’d love to head to this but I don’t have a PS3 stick. How likely is it I would be able to borrow one to play? I’ll probably just be there for SF4. HDR too if it’s there (I have a 360 stick I’ll bring if it shows up on that platform).

im way out of gaming shape, ill come out just to show support and play casuals

I’ll definitely be there.

Put me down for HYPE ass commentary. Didn’t see a pre-reg sheet for it.
-Q

I’m very sadface that I cannot come to this :(.

I say we run back the awesome 5v5 from this past weekend.

Hope you’re having fun out there Sam.

Thtat makes two us…:frowning:

Hey Trykt, most everyone is cool about loaning out their sticks. If someone isn’t, you can use mine no problems.

How can you not have fun out here, yo. HOW CAN YOU NOT.

More than likely coming. Sign me up for SF4, Blazblue, Melty, and TEKKEN. Bringing 1-2 friends for BB.

Any chance for a Blazblue 2v2 event? That would be hot

Also, is there anything going on Friday night? We could possibly come up Friday if there’s going to be casuals and maybe a place to crash. I feel like I never get in enough games with everybody when I come up there.

Good stuff. We usually do some shit before or after the tournament at least. I’ll let you know if something is going down.

CajunStrike when you say a dedicated station for Tekken 5 DR does that mean only one tv and PS3? Because I can bring a CRT along with a PS3 and I have SF IV with all characters unlocked but I don’t have Blazblue.

I’ve finally gotten a monetary breather so I’m going to try to come to this one. I’ll need to borrow a stick form someone since mine is 360 only.

…PASTRIES???

I want to be on a SF4 team

NO ITEMS!!!

Kidding. If possible I will try but I am not making any guarantees in case unforeseen circumstances arise. However, I’m contemplating doing something else if I can’t get any.

I will aid you in pasty-getting, if necessary. I don’t even know what I mean by that, but I do mean it…meaningly.