Lucky's Tournament: The Return! - 08/21/2010 - Greensboro, NC [SSFIV|BBCS|3S|MB|GG]

LUCKY’S
3929 High Point Rd
Greensboro NC 27407
336-834-4644
Lucky’s on Google Maps

Saturday, August 21st, 2010

Venue Fee: $5

**Registration begins at 12:00pm and ends at 2:00pm. Schedule below.****Call the venue before 2:00 if you’re going to be late. No guarantees if we don’t hear anything before registration ends.

==================================================

SUPER STREET FIGHTER IV Singles
entry fee: $10 | game version: ps3
game settings: versus mode, 99 seconds, 2/3 rounds

SUPER STREET FIGHTER IV Teams
entry fee: $10/team | game version: ps3
game settings: 2v2 Waseda Style

Melty Blood Actress Again
entry fee: $5 | game version: ps2
original mode, winner allowed to change moon phase, type-earth banned

BlazBlue Continuum Shift
entry fee: $5 | game version: ps3

Street Fighter 3: Third Strike

Guilty Gear Accent Core

all games (other than teams): double elimination, 2/3 matches, winners/losers/grand finals 3/5 matches

pot split: 70/20/10

all games played on lag-free setups

Estimated Start Times:

3:00: MBAA
4:00: SSFIV Singles
5:00: SSFIV Teams
6:00: GGAC-3S

The first 3 to post and confirm that they will be in attendance with PS3 and SSFIV will have their venue fee waived. The first 2 to post and confirm that they will be in attendance with PS3 and BBCS will also their venue fee waived. One or two extra PS2s with AC/MB wouldn’t hurt, either, as well as an Asus for BB since it looks like ass on CRT. Please post up if you can help out in any way, and as always, it is definitely appreciated.

GEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET HYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYPE

Sorry for the short notice; 20 days and counting!

There are a few games absent that will probably raise some questions. Simply, they’re absent due to turnout. I never know who (if anyone) is going to show for Tekken, and HDR just doesn’t seem to have that hype anymore. If you want one of those on the list, make enough noise, and we’ll see whatsup.

Additional Equipment List [if someone doesn’t show, the next person on list will have their venue fee waived]

PS3/SFIV/BBCS:

Tonamento results from past Lucky’s Tournaments in 2010:

Lucky’s New Year Tournament
Tournaments: 7
Unique Entrants: 53
Total Pots: $785.00

Lucky’s February Tournament
Tournaments: 9
Unique Entrants: 63
Total Pots: $930.00

Lucky’s March Tournament
Tournaments: 8
Unique Entrants: 53
Total Pots: $695.00

Lucky’s May Tournament
Tournaments: 6
Unique Entrants: 57
Total Pots: $780.00

A bunch of tournament organizers keep saying this, and yet plenty of people still play and enter HDR when it’s run. It’s just that the game isn’t liked by the right people.

The full list of entrants from last HDR tournament:

1 Kevin “JabroniKenshin” Michael
2 Dominique “AceUnlimited” McCowin
3 Rob “Trykt” T
4 Kevin “shadow of godjira” Potts
5 David “lolpants” Graham

Care to elaborate? To clarify my statement, I’m mainly referring to hype as “number of entrants,” but also slightly less as “those entrants who seem to care about/enjoy the game.”

You should name this tournament, J-TSPE… “Jon Takes Second Place Everytime.”

Well, I didn’t know you had HDRemix at the May tournament. Although that whole period of April-May was a blur to me as I didn’t keep up with the scene because of work bullshit.

It just looks like to me SF4 the AntiChrist killed everything in general, not just HDRemix.

I’m also referring to the attitude in general across the country towards HD Remix, not necessarily NC. As it seems starting with Season’s Beatings it looks like HD Remix is going to be absent at most majors from this point on.

awesome and just before school starts to.

3s for life!!

This is pretty exciting, Lucky tells me to come to this tournament all the time i guess i could Bring a PS3 and SSF4 with me too.

I’m there. I’ll have PS3, SSF4, BBCS, and my Asus.

Also, depending on turnout, I think CS should be $10.

look at em. ching ching for blake

He’s going to fight a Ragna mirror and we’re just going to see at the start of the match, “G-GAUNTLET–” trade, over and over!

It does have the capacity to be a $10 game, but for a trial run etc I think $5 is fine. We want to get people trying the game, you know.

I’m there with all the usual. Play dat Super on my system lol. I need them colors.

PS3
SSF4 w all characters/all outfits
BBCS
Tekken (bc its getting played)

I will try to make it to this for GG/BB, was wondering when these would start up again :tup:
any idea when BB will start?

I’m there.

If I’m off that day, I could see myself coming down. I haven’t been to Lucky’s in forever.

I want dat HDR though.

YOOOOO!!!

My man alex. Ill do everything possible to make this one bro. put me down!

BBCS/SSFIV/MBAA.

3s possibly but just to fuck around for shits and giggles.

should be able to bring a setup but its 360 with ps2 converters xconverters i also have a ps2 with mbaa. let me know whats good.

email me sysnom@gmail.com so i can respond faster or PM me on here.

Definitely gonna try to make it for this. School starts right after haha

:encore:

Unless something comes up I’m planning on coming to this one. That could be 3 NC tournaments that I’ll be attending in a 4 week span. I’m glad to see the tourney scene in NC expand.