M.O.D.O.K. Thread 2: Orgasm Harder

Hella bored at work today so I drew MODOK in excel (ninja style, working on spreadsheets at the same time, lol)

http://img163.imageshack.us/img163/7755/unledszt.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Really?! Like Mandelbrot/Julia set stuff? I did a research paper in college about the Mandelbrot set (mathematics major) - I’d be hella interested in seeing how that turns out! I didn’t know you could create predetermined shapes or drawing something using fractals, you’ve piqued my interest! NICE.

…OKAY…

but back on topic. Has anyover messed around with MODOK’s level 1 throw.

I understand it’s a bit slow, but you tried DHC INTO the level 1 throw!? It’s actually worth learning because MODOK’s level 1 has one of better throw ranges in the game, if DHC into the throw…the speed of startup drastically decreased. So you will end grabbing people from ridiculous far ranges, and they won’t be able to jump out as easily.

It’s a useful trick that Thor, She Hulk, Akuma’s user do to make their throws more guaranteed.

I have played with DHCing out of Killer Illumination with AA super grabs (mostly shulk, little spidey) a bit. Works well because you get all the invincibility of the KI and can confirm the super connecting or not before DHCing (you cant DHC before the throw’s active frames). Can you still jump out after the flash if DHC’d into modok? I thought DHCs just cancel all of the pre-superflash animation frames. would be useful if any additional frames were shaved off. Speaking of KI setups, I wonder if you could use Dormammu’s dont jump special to set-up an unavoidable KI. Sounds pretty gimmicky…but if it can be setup consistently there might be some juice there if you want to sacrifice using dorms better spells cause Modoks super throw does good damage.

There is a lot of startup cut in half if you DHC into MODOK. It’s a universal effect for all supers, similar to how Storm’s hail storm solo has ridiculous long startup, but if you dhc into Storm…the startup is cut in fractions.

Average jump has about 4 ground frames before they get in the air, so if you do end up catching somebody in the middle of those frames… it’s guaranteed to catch them.

In the interest of having the UMvC3 character threads be as awesome as possible, I am posting here to offer up my current Ultimate Dormammu Thread as a base skeleton to anyone who intends to manage a character thread, or something similar, in Ultimate. It is currently stripped of information, and will remain so until about a week before release. I am not attempting to toot my own horn, but rather offer to others what took me quite a bit of work to do, so that those who would rather not spend the time on such things do not have to.

I have received a lot of compliments to-date about the structure, and a few people have requested permission to use its structure for UMvC3, so I thought I would go around and make the offer to others who might not be aware that someone out there has already done the grunt work for them (haha). Because I am posting this in all the character forums, and this is time consuming on its own, I have not taken the time to check for how developed the thread I am posting on current is. Thus, I ask that no one be offended at my suggestion if your character forum is well constituted already - I mean no intrusion upon your methodologies!

Here is a link to the thread blueprint:

You can get an example of what it looks like when filled out here:

You are of course entirely welcome to change whatever you like if you want to incorporate this structure into your own thread. I have all of my posts saved as Word documents on my computer. If you would like these documents instead of having to copy/paste from the main threads, please feel free to PM me your email address, along with the character thread they will be used for, and I will gladly send them.

Highest Regards to All,
Karst

I know this shouldn’t go here, but I’m looking to fight a good MODOK team want something refreshing to try and work my head around with my main team. Just looking for a matchup. I wish every character forum had a thread where you could ask for matchups. I rock Viper/Mag/Dante and my B team is Felicia/Task/Spencer. I suck with my B team its fairly new, but yea! Xbox Gamertag is Gottnoskill. Hope no one gets mad at this post.

Not a bad place to post at all! This IS where you’d find good MODOK players.
Can’t help, though. I’m on PS3 and I’m really bad.

I DOK’ if you’re on the EC we can do some games, but I won’t be playing Marvel again until UMVC3. I’m weak, I destroyed my MvC3 disk to focus on work hah!

Got your priorities I like it. I live in Texas so its a ways away. But I’ve played some from canada and had great connections… I don’t know why, but it worked.

So I’ve been playing Arkham City, and one of my favorite villains so far has been the Riddler. My favorite thing about him is his voice, it just seems so perfect. So I went on IMDB and I found out that his voice actor was Wally Wingert, who just so happens to voice MODOK in MvC3. And then everything made sense.

Seems to be the designated M.O.D.O.K love thread, so here’s my pumpkin. Happy Halloween.

Wassup fellow MODOK users. I’ve been using him here and there and he’s alot of fun, but I just got one small little problem. How do you guys go about hit confirming with him without using his j.S? This seems like the only I can actually get a combo going with him. I’ve tried air dashing with j.L and then use standing L and it misses since people were crouching when I hit with j.L. I’ve tried starting with c.L, but even that misses sometimes. How do you guys usually start a combo?

I usually look for a Air dash forward J.L> cr.L>St.M >launcher for non J.S hit confirms.

You can also use the Air dash forward J.M > launcher for jumping/flying opponents.

Oooh I never knew that you could use j.M and connect with the launcher. I’m gonna have to start doing that. I think my problem for grounded opponents was that that I wasn’t close enough for the c.L to hit. If it’s working for you then improper spacing is most likely my problem. Thanks for the input.

In most cases MODOK’s jab are insanely easier to hit-confirm an aerial character because his jabs are designed to be an anti-air. It’s basically Magneto/Deadpool’s jab without their fundmental Cr.L. The j.L>Cr.l is you best bet on a oppotent if the Cr.L works on the character’s crouching hitbox. Otherwise try this something like this.

Otherwise you might want something that creates hard knockdown like Haggar, something holds them still like drones, or something even anything that knocks them in the air like Akuma’s tatsu. Throws is the other way that MODOK can start a combo.

Ahh ok thx. I guess I’ll have to just be a little more creative when opening people up. Its a little troublesome but it does make MODOK a bit more fun to play in a sense. Thx a lot

In case someone missed it, MODOK’s new colours!

Neat! I’m really liking the M.O.D.O.T. colors. Most of the time I just opt for the 1P color, but I may need to change that…

Hey I recently picked up MODOK I have a couple questions if someone could help me out that would be cool

1. Has anyone wrote up the exact damage differences on the beam super?(the difference between cubes)
  2. I expected MODOK combo thread to be more extensive is there like a youtube guy who is putting in work on this character?
  3. Is there start up on his jump(fly) where I can’t block I seem to always get hit and that is pretty stupid if there is