M

ty

You can resolder it.
Or you can get someone else to resolder it.

You would be surprised how easy it can be to learn basic soldering… Even a 10 dollar radio shack special can save you if you practice on some junk electronics, spare wire and some vids from YouTube. Of course it’s a learned skill but 5 wires to a board is pretty simple. Who knows… You might like it… I did basic stuff years ago but after hanging out with j&j modding over time I got totally into it and find it relaxing. ProTip: wear safety glasses…

ty

Okay, the solution is still the exact same thing.

I

PaperTigre has already answered this:

“You can resolder it.
Or you can get someone else to resolder it”

I’m baffled as to why you decided to cut away the the USB cable like you did. USB wires must be run from the 360 board to the Cerberus, there is no discussion about this - it is a must.

ty

Okay since you don’t understand what we mean by resoldering this will be a detailed explaination of what we mean.

There are 4 USB wires + 1 extra Grounding wire

There is Ground (black), 5v (red), D+ (green), D-.

I’m thinking you think you lost ground because there is only 1 black instead of 2.
Those two blacks are the same black.
In fact, that other black wire is all of the loose silver wire strands wrapping around the usb cable. that’s the USB ground shield. On the back of the TE board its labelled as SGND

Take 4 stranded core wires that are any gauge from 24-26 AWG and solder one wire to each corresponding points at the bottom of the TE board. Take the 5V wire and insert it in the corresponding 5v point in the cerberus. Do the same for the D+, D- and GND. use the existing USB cable and repeat on the USB out section.

(This whole thread makes me want to facepalm).

(Read this in George Carlin’s voice) WHY?!

You do not need that. All you need is lengths of 4 wires to connect your Xbox 360 USB connection to the Cerberus.
One wire for Ground, Data +, Data - and VCC (+5V) the 4 wires do not even have to be the right color.

Assuming you did not trash the rest of your USB cable you you connect that thing to your cerberus as your USB OUT.
If you need a NEW USB cable, do not go for an old dinosaur stick to cannibalize for parts, Just buy a NEW USB cable (any type) 10 to 15 feet long and clip off the B side end. You want to keep the A type plug as that is going into your system.

Okay. I fucked up in explaining it I guess.
I learned about this in school like, three weeks ago. You know- the chapter where if you cut the ground line from a USB cable Ground can then escape from the PCB because her spirit wants to go find its family. It’s really tragic how we imprison Ground and her younger brother the Voltage in our arcade sticks for our own amusement.
For a fee of only $45/hr I can apply some special magic handed down to me from the spirit gods to track down your lost Ground and Voltage and return them to the rectangular prison we call a Madcatz TE PCB. You cover shipping. Both ways.

Spoiler

Does it sound better when I literally just make something up?

ty

(1) DESOLDER OLD/CUT USB WIRES FROM MADCATZ PCB
(2) SOLDER 4 LONG WIRE IN PLACE OF PREVIOUSLY DESOLDERED WIRES ON MADCATZ PAD
(3) INSERT OTHER END OF SAME 4 WIRES INTO APPROPRIATE SPOTS ON PHREAK PCB
(4) ENJOY DUAL MOD GOODNESS

ty

Yeah you can ignore the SGND. Ideally you’d keep it but the Cerberus doesn’t even have a spot for the SGND to go to… normally when you strip the sheathing you end up peeling back/cutting the shielding anyhow, leaving the 4 normal USB wires to be used.

A little patience folks… He asked for help…and just needed clarification. Hope all goes well with the mod.