Madcatz Street Fighter V Fightstick Alpha

I’m surprised Madcatz isn’t squeezing more life out their SE shell molds- that was a nice case.

Listed at $80 for pre-order price.

I have a lot of updating on the first post to do.

im actually excited about this stick, i hope this weighs more than other sticks this size. my biggest issue with the hori mini wasnt really the miniatured parts, but how light it was, doing a hadouken can end up with you lifting the whole thing.

specifically why i asked about seimitsu mounting, ls32/40 might solve the shaft height issue for some

could have meant just buttons :frowning:

On most capcom games the PS3 and Xbox 360 Taunt is on Select last I checked. Plus who taunt’s in a match?
No one needs 3X Punch or 3X Kick.

Six buttons still stands

Taunt has uses in some games. 3S being one. Plus side there is that Taunt is HP+HK so…

dude. dont even go there. the FS3 & EX2 mods ive done in the past were nightmares. the PCBs were soldered onto the buttons. and lots of dremeling & modding to get a standard JLF to fit. @MarkMan will the alpha be able to fit a full sized JLF?

A friend of mine likes these smaller case sticks and is in a need of next gen stick, but he plays on xbone… @MarkMan any chance of an xbone version?

I wish i knew how long this stick was, i’m thinking of getting this stick. Parts can always be modded out for something better.

Also, I thought it might be like a transitional peripheral from controller to stick, and might also be easier for smaller hands, i.e. younger players who may find a regular size stick too heavy & may not want to/or not have money to purchase a TE-sized stick.

http://store.madcatz.com/imgs/SFV89180/sfv-fs-alpha-2-400x400.jpg
gives aou a better clue about the size when you know the te´s size.

Swapping in sanwa buttons and jlf was pretty straight forward. No case modifications needed.

@Gummo , you referring to the Alpha or Markmans question about the mini hori? If the alpha, any soldering/desoldering needed or QDs?

Would it be possible to remove the parts from this case and add them to a different one? I’m looking into getting a fightstick that’s reasonably priced but the weight and size looks to be discouraging. Sorry for the total noob question.

Why would you want to use non-Sanwa parts?

The alpha.

Yes.
Buttons are 30mm with tabs to fit quick disconnects. Joystick has same size mounting plate.

Aw man. This stick is looking sweet as hell. I’m someone whose preferred stick is rtdzign’s mini stick so this stick is right up my alley. The box I got must have an LS-33 inside it but this case looks very interesting. I’ll most likey grab it and throw in a Hayabusa or an LS-40.

I highly doubt that either of those will fit.

No way is a Hayabusa going to fit. Give the joystick a chance though. As a jlf clone it’s not terrible.

This was just posted over at NeoGAF:

There is more info in that link as well.

@Gummo has answered most of these questions - just trying to keep everything in one easy click!