MadCatz TE Button Replacement / Warranty

I just received a MadCatz MLG TE FightStick, and the RB Sanwa button came with a broken clip. I was planning on replacing the LB/RB buttons with plugs anyway (although it sucks to have one of the buttons broken on arrival). I was also planning on re-arranging the buttons to be in the standard SSFIV layout, as the MLG TE has to use the Microsoft standard layout due to it not being branded for a specific game.

TL : DR - Can I open the top of the joystick and replace / move around the sanwa buttons without voiding the warranty?

Sorry if this has been asked before, any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Nope. You open the case, your warranty is void.

Thanks for the help.

I was curios because the warranty void sticker is over a screw on the bottom of the case, but the faceplate can be removed without touching the warranty void sticker. And the buttons could be replaced and swapped through the removal of just the faceplate.

I’ll open a ticket with MadCatz about the broken button.

Thanks again!

Just a quick reply as I got in touch with MadCatz support.

They are sending me a replacement button in the mail, and informed me that removing the face plate does NOT void the warranty. Only if you tamper with the warranty sticker on the bottom will the warranty be voided.

Just wanted to clear that up in case someone views this thread with the same question someday =D

Mad Catz MLG Stick - Counterfeit Sanwa buttons?

I don’t know whom you spoke with, but opening it from the top DOES void the warranty. However we stand behind our product and we will support/take care of things even if this doesn’t fix it.

Let me know if there are any questions. Thanks.

Mad Catz MLG Stick - Counterfeit Sanwa buttons?
What Stick/Controller Should I Buy? Read the Guide on Pg 1 Before Posting

<blockquote class=“Quote”>
<div class=“QuoteAuthor”><a href="/profile/83865/visioNsauce">visioNsauce</a> said:</div>
<div class=“QuoteText”>Just a quick reply as I got in touch with MadCatz support.

They are sending me a replacement button in the mail, and informed me that removing the face plate does NOT void the warranty. Only if you tamper with the warranty sticker on the bottom will the warranty be voided.

Just wanted to clear that up in case someone views this thread with the same question someday =D</div>
</blockquote>

That doesn’t make sense, since the whole purpose of the warranty sticker is to inform you that opening up the case in any way will void the warranty.  The reason they didn’t put a warranty sticker on the top panel was probably due to aesthetic purposes.  They don’t care about the sticker, but they are worried of people tampering with the internal components, screwing up, and then trying to get it replaced under warranty for free.